PDA

View Full Version : What video games do you all play on the PC?

d-quik
05-11-2005, 01:03 PM
By "play" i mean play it at least every week.

for me i like Day of Defeat, and Generals (Command and Conquer game).

Rockefella
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Don't play games any more, besides the occasional billiards or mini-golf to pass time. Used to play Counter-Strike, Warcraft: ROC and TFT, Gunbound, and a little bit of DOD.

johnnynumfiv
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Medal of honor, Call of duty, and Rise of nations

ruim20
05-11-2005, 01:13 PM
America's Army online, playboy mansion... silent hill 4, waiting for San Andreas for pc, played it on ps2, but they say the pc version is more polished, looking forward to that, and also, Racer, the free car simulator! :)

TheOne
05-11-2005, 01:34 PM
www.kalonline.com <<been playin this 1 for sometime, its like world of warcraft.........but free(as in you don't have to buy the game or ptp, or no money at all).
usually play call of duty, soldier of fortune 2, desert combat(bf1942 mod), ut2k4, project snowblind, and the ocational toca race driver 2(or DTM race driver 2 for aussie people i think), oh and i can't forget.....Empire Earth II.

Alastor
05-11-2005, 01:37 PM
America's Army online, playboy mansion... silent hill 4, waiting for San Andreas for pc, played it on ps2, but they say the pc version is more polished, looking forward to that, and also, Racer, the free car simulator! :)

I cannot wait for the PC version of San Andreas either, and also the US retail version of GTR.

Recently I started playing rFactor (racing sim demo) and Atomic Cannon, both an excellent waste of time ;-)

Niko_Fx
05-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I play Medal of Honor Online every friggin day for at least a couple of hours and I'm a member of an awesome Mexican Clan (http://www.mxs-clan.com/).

Last week we had a huge tournament which was organized by the clan "Master" (http://www.yourmasterclan.com/). 7 Clans assisted and each clan had several teams of 3 people (Matches were 3 vs 3) and out of 20 teams of 3 people (60 people participated) my team won the tournament :)

-Brackets of the last Tournament.
-Gift for winning the tournament.
-Kicking A$$.
-Screenshot from an old clan match.

CdocZ
05-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Counter Strike (source)/Half Life 2, and.......that's it.

dydzi
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
mostly need for speed underground 1, sometimes fifa 2005, i am going to have settlers v: heritage of kings any time right now
i used to play simcity a lot, lovin that game :)

johnnynumfiv
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
I play Medal of Honor Online every friggin day for at least a couple of hours and I'm a member of an awesome Mexican Clan (http://www.mxs-clan.com/).

Last week we had a huge tournament which was organized by the clan "Master" (http://www.yourmasterclan.com/). 7 Clans assisted and each clan had several teams of 3 people (Matches were 3 vs 3) and out of 20 teams of 3 people (60 people participated) my team won the tournament :)

-Brackets of the last Tournament.
-Gift for winning the tournament.
-Kicking A$$.
-Screenshot from an old clan match.

Check out my clan, TBR/TBA(The Brotherhood of Renegades/ The Brotherhood of Assassins), my name is -T*B*R-Kraut_Kontrol.mac Both sniping clans, come check our server out sometime. Here's our site: http://www.tbasniper.com/mx/ the ip is on there, drop in sometime.

Niko_Fx
05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Check out my clan, TBR/TBA(The Brotherhood of Renegades/ The Brotherhood of Assassins), my name is -T*B*R-Kraut_Kontrol.mac Both sniping clans, come check our server out sometime. Here's our site: http://www.tbasniper.com/mx/ the ip is on there, drop in sometime.

Seems like a cool clan :) ... But you guys only run Malta? I hate that map.

Rockefella
05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Niko, I herd ya clan iz noob son.

johnnynumfiv
05-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Seems like a cool clan :) ... But you guys only run Malta? I hate that map.

Yea, we started out as a demo clan, and malta has become a pretty good no-crossing map to use. Most of the people have gone full, but still can access the server.

spi-ti-tout
05-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I used to play CS 1.5 with bots.

Then by mistake one day I pressed some button and the screen became small. Then I pressed every other button and I couldn't make it big again. I got frustrated and un-installed it.

But then the guy I gave my CD to lost it. So bummer.

After that I have never came in contact of a PC CD ROM game every again.

Cotterik
05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
I play Call Of Duty United Offensive online, on the server 'Sl@yer CTF server' great server and im always on it, immense game.

Mustang
05-11-2005, 02:19 PM
the only game ive played this week is wrc 3

ZemoButts
05-11-2005, 03:13 PM
The last game i played was Age of empires, Tactical Ops , chaser ,Warcraft : ROC AND FT untill i sold it because i got sick of it, and This Chinies Game (http://www.geocities.jp/lledoece/nanaca-crash.html) see if u can beat my score

Matra et Alpine
05-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Colin McRae and Richard Burns
Toca Driver 2
Currently GTR is getting my "race sim" attention :)

That's when I'm not on TT Superbikes on PS2. Great for all bike boy racers. "Mad Sunday" is wild :)

I've played United Offenisve when visiting nephew and MIGHT get a 'copy' it was good "fun" :) Mind you pissed him off as I destroyed his online reputation as everyeon thought it was him - he's good - an instead had me and my noob ways :)

blackcat77
05-11-2005, 03:47 PM
GTR and the GTP mod for NASCAR Racing 2003.

Radoman
05-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Half Life 2, and HL2DM. I also play the occasional Live for Speed.

But most of my gaming time is on PS2/Gamecube/Dreamcast.

Supercarfreak123
05-11-2005, 09:49 PM
CS: Source, and old CS 1.6, Battlefield: Vietnam, Guild Wars.

Spastik_Roach
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Live for speed. Thats it.

derekthetree
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
football manager 2005

ALL THE TIME!!!!! aarrghhh

:)

henk4
05-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Freecell

emperor
05-12-2005, 12:30 AM
I have just finished Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and now I don't have anything good to play :(. (maybe I'll fly a bit in Microsoft Flight Sim 2004)

s-d
05-12-2005, 04:37 AM
GTR and TOCA Race Driver 2

P3RG4R3C
05-12-2005, 07:23 AM
GTA: San Andreas.

EDIT: That's not on the PC. :rolleyes: :)

Quiggs
05-12-2005, 07:25 AM
I used to play Rogue Spear/Urban Ops/Black Thorn religiously from about 99-03. Then I played Raven Shield till early 04. Now, nothing. That was just online, throw in some Roller Coaster Tycoon, Sims, Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2, and a NASCAR sim or two every now and then.

Rebirth of Xar
05-12-2005, 08:00 AM
i dont play video games. I dont have space/time for that.. i gotta install the new HD then i might be able to..

Koenigsegg_CC
05-12-2005, 10:01 AM
I don't really use my PC to paly games on because i have an Xbox and a PS2. But i play Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour a lot. it's such a good game

Godlaus
05-12-2005, 11:40 AM
What? How people not heard of the greatest strategical game in history?

If you've ever read Ender's game, this PC game is based off of the simulator that Ender uses.
-Homeworld 2, possibly the greatest startegic and visually stunning game EVER.
http://images.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/demos_updates/images/homeworld2_200409271549.jpg
http://www.macitynet.it/immagini/giochi/HOmeWorld2/Homeworld2_010.jpg
http://well-of-souls.com/homeworld/hws/hw2/images/concept_frigate16.jpg

And all of these look like they're on low graphics. Wait until I get home, and I can post some of my high graphics, home-taken pics.

ruim20
05-12-2005, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=Godlaus]What? How people not heard of the greatest strategical game in history?QUOTE]

Dude, i just posted the games i'm playing now... not the ones i've played last month... year in your case :D

d-quik
05-12-2005, 03:40 PM
What? How people not heard of the greatest strategical game in history?cuz graphics make up 0% of the criteria of a good game

its all about the

gameplay

ruim20
05-12-2005, 03:41 PM
cuz graphics make up 0% of the criteria of a good game

its all about the

gameplay

0% it isn't... it's a part of it, graphics, gameplay, plot, immersion...

Matra et Alpine
05-12-2005, 04:08 PM

its all about the

gameplay
hmmm, so if you play say Call of Duty at 640x480 resolution you THINK you've a chance of spotting the kid hiding as a sniper 200 yards out ??

Nah, you need graphics to be able to get immersed.

What I agree is that no matter how good the graphcis are without gameplay it's just eye candy and not very good.

Gameplay and graphics are not mutually excluive traits of games/sims

Quiggs
05-12-2005, 04:26 PM
hmmm, so if you play say Call of Duty at 640x480 resolution you THINK you've a chance of spotting the kid hiding as a sniper 200 yards out ??
Is that why I sucked at Raven Shield? Low detail + low res = I suck... Cool. I thought I was just that brutal at it. :)

TheOne
05-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Colin McRae and Richard Burns
Toca Driver 2

should do a tournament on Toca 2 or Colin Mcrae:).

d-quik
05-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Nah, you need graphics to be able to get immersed.i can pick off those pesky british marksmen in DAY OF DEFEAT (5 year old game) with a Mauser K98 in lowest settings...so in a newer game i'd say yes, i can.

Some of you guys may need graphics, but not me. :cool:

Godlaus
05-12-2005, 07:38 PM

its all about the

gameplay

and I said that it's the greatest strategical game ever. It's combined with amazing graphics to make the game even better.

Dude, i just posted the games i'm playing now... not the ones i've played last month... year in your case
Who says I stopped playing it? :D I still play the game more than any other. Except maybe GT4.

Spastik_Roach
05-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Ah yes Homeworlds is a fantastic game. I love it. Should buy it sometime...

Matra et Alpine
05-13-2005, 03:27 AM
i can pick off those pesky british marksmen in DAY OF DEFEAT (5 year old game) with a Mauser K98 in lowest settings...so in a newer game i'd say yes, i can.

Some of you guys may need graphics, but not me. :cool:
I meant MODERN games.

The older games were setup for the resolution and everyone was at the same level. So nobody really had an advantage. BUT with a hi res view the one with the best screen will "win" :)

mate with his 24" Dell running at 1920x1200 has resolution to show details at an in-game distance 4 TIMES what you can see on 640x480 ( the extremes ahve been chosen ONLY to demonstrate the point ) So he can see someone at 800 yards I can't at 400 yards. in CoD, that's bullet in the head differences :(

ruim20
05-13-2005, 08:08 AM
and I said that it's the greatest strategical game ever. It's combined with amazing graphics to make the game even better.

Who says I stopped playing it? :D I still play the game more than any other. Except maybe GT4.

i know what you mean... with some embarrassment i also admit i still play MAFIA from time to time! :D

since we are on the case, is anyone waiting for new games, or knows of any good ones recently released??

i've been doing some beta testing and i don't like any of them that much.

the recent released list i got don't have a game that is that good to install... or play for a long time.

quattro_20v
05-13-2005, 10:44 AM
:P I am a gamer kind of... I've played age of empires 2 expansion online a lot, battlefield 1942 and battlefield vietnam all in competition. With vietnam I was in the best team of the benelux. But now im waiting for battlefield 2 and going to play that competitive too when it comes out.

TheOne
05-13-2005, 03:15 PM
i still play age of empires 2 expansion, on custom map servers though:).

Manik
05-13-2005, 06:25 PM

Is playboy mansion a good game? (any nudity is my description of good:p)

I have been playing Halo mostly, and GT4 alot on my PS2. :D

Oh and I'm going to go rent a game soon what do you guys recommend for PS2? I'm thinking something like ATV Offroad fury 3 or Driv3r? Which do u think is better? :confused:

shr0olvl
05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
I have been playing "Psychic Doom" for awhile and am pretty good at it but have recently stopped because I got bored of it but im trying to get back into it. It's also a free online game that you can download, so you don't have to pay any money for it which is sweet !

Oh yea, it's starting to lag which also made me stop playing the game and all the servers are almost full so its hard to play since theres somebody everywhere you look and there jacking all your stuff :mad:

I think I'll go play it right now anyway... :cool:

SlickHolden
05-13-2005, 08:27 PM
F1 Manager.
Grand Prix4.
The Punisher.
NHRA Pro stock cars and trucks.

PsychoChimp22
05-14-2005, 10:53 AM
I play some CSS, WoW, and when my friends make me WC3. lol

ruim20
05-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Is playboy mansion a good game? (any nudity is my description of good:p)

I have been playing Halo mostly, and GT4 alot on my PS2. :D

Oh and I'm going to go rent a game soon what do you guys recommend for PS2? I'm thinking something like ATV Offroad fury 3 or Driv3r? Which do u think is better? :confused:

It's a fairly good game, there is nudity yes, and it gets a bit strange when you get aroused by a game chic... :rolleyes: :p , but it lacks relations like in sim2, it's more basic in that aspect.

DON'T! i repeat DON'T rent driv3r, just a warning.

ruim20
05-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I have been playing "Psychic Doom" for awhile and am pretty good at it but have recently stopped because I got bored of it but im trying to get back into it. It's also a free online game that you can download, so you don't have to pay any money for it which is sweet !

Oh yea, it's starting to lag which also made me stop playing the game and all the servers are almost full so its hard to play since theres somebody everywhere you look and there jacking all your stuff :mad:

I think I'll go play it right now anyway... :cool:

why don't you try www.americasarmy.com it's free, completly!

shr0olvl
05-14-2005, 02:40 PM
why don't you try www.americasarmy.com it's free, completly!

I heard it sucked and is laggy...

AstonMartinV12
05-14-2005, 03:16 PM
i used to be able to play GTA vice city and NFSU2 but now i can't play shiite on my crappy little 600 mhz e machine running windows 98 lol

Supercarfreak123
05-14-2005, 03:32 PM
I play some CSS, WoW, and when my friends make me WC3. lol
Yea, all my friends play WoW, i play their accounts sometimes, they also always drag me into playing WC3.

ruim20
05-14-2005, 05:07 PM
I heard it sucked and is laggy...

nop lol, it's a great game, very realistic, and there are some texas servers so you can play it without any lag at all

PsychoChimp22
05-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Yea, all my friends play WoW, i play their accounts sometimes, they also always drag me into playing WC3.

Yeah, my friend has wow and i sometimes play on his account when hes not. (which is rare :p)
My mom says she'll let me get it in summer which is awesome.
That friend gave me his 10 day trial last month, i really recomend the game to anybody with $14 a month to blow.

SlickHolden
05-15-2005, 06:06 AM
It's a fairly good game, there is nudity yes, and it gets a bit strange when you get aroused by a game chic... :rolleyes: :p , but it lacks relations like in sim2, it's more basic in that aspect.

DON'T! i repeat DON'T rent driv3r, just a warning.
I was told by 2 guys in a game shop that women out buy men when buying this game by 70%, I thought they were takeing the piss out of me but they wern't:)

shr0olvl
05-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Whats up with this WoW game. Everyone seems to be playing it. I saw a few graphics of it and it looked retarded to me. Seems to be a popular game now...

ZemoButts
05-15-2005, 12:36 PM
i hate that u have to pay for WOW to play each month , are there alot of ppl online to play with???
P.S. can any of u take some ingame screenshot of WOW

PsychoChimp22
05-15-2005, 12:41 PM
i hate that u have to pay for WOW to play each month , are there alot of ppl online to play with???
P.S. can any of u take some ingame screenshot of WOW

Heres one i took of orgrimmar, the orc and troll capital.

Ive got about 100 or so more screen shots but theyre in .targa format, have about 20 that ive converted to jpgs.

If you want me to take a screen of anywhere in particular just ask.