PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale 1967

muzzkata
01-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi,Everybody!If someone of You,guys know company that build replica of ALFA ROMEO 33/2 STRADALE '67 ,please,let me know.Thank You! :)

tipo33
01-24-2004, 02:19 AM
In the late 80's a few cars were built with Montreal engines in the surroundings of Milan. One car was offered in the 2002 Pebble Beach auction , but not sold.
I tried to locate this car , but had no luck until now. Me be anybody can help ?

I have enough engine parts to built four cars, but if you want to built it with original magnesium frame and with alu panels, it will be extremly complicated.

On the other side I have the possibilty to get all the measures and details from an original car , which stands around the corner .

So, if you're still interested and you've won the jack pot ..........

muzzkata
01-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Thank you,tipo33!I'm not going to build replika ot tipo33/2,'couse I don't have any clue how to do it.I just ask is there anybody anywhere who's offering kit kar of it.About the original 33/2s (where they disappear) everything that I find so far is here:www.classicscars.com/chassis/alfa33.htm I know who can make 99% perfect copy of the body,even the magnesium frame is possible(I think),but how much gonna cost that! Is it affordable to me (I am not a millionaire!)Just go to visit www.temperocars.com ,and you'll see what these guys doing!My God!And how they do do it! So ,anyway,THANK YOU! See'ya later :)

DasModell
01-25-2004, 04:39 PM
well .. the best thing would be an original . but a reproduction is the next best thing .. i wonder what engine do you wish to put in it ... will have to be a V8 :)

muzzkata
02-10-2004, 12:35 AM
Thank you DasModell !Sure will be great to put some V8 inside!Montreal's engine is just for that,and any other modern Alfa engine too.And paddle shift! Wow!Start to dreaming ,ah? :) But I don't think about the motoring and technic inside.I don't have any idea where to find detailed and corect blueprints of the car.The only one link that offer blueprints of the body(set of 4 blueprints) and blueprint of the chassis(asymmetric magnesium tubular frame)-4 blueprints set,is www.blueprint69.com ,but unfortunately and both sets are not avialable at the moment!If you have the body you'll consider about the engine.Is it? Thank you! :)

DasModell
02-10-2004, 04:47 PM
thanks for the blueprint site .. it super :)

GTV6
01-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm Nuno from Portugal, I'm new in this forum and I want your help.
I plan to build soon an AR 33 Stradale replica, but unfortunally I did'nt find much information about this wonderfull car. I ask you to indicate me all possible information that you got, like: links, book references, photos and plans sites, engines preparators, parts sellers, etc...
I will apreciate a lot your concern
Best Regards
Nuno Oliveira

Pinjo
01-19-2005, 07:33 AM
There'a 33 stradale in an advertisment in my country (Croatia). I just can't believe it...

Stradale_nut
01-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi there Pinjo,

Could you tell us Stradale-lovers were or how we could see that advertisement i'm very curious. By the way i own original blueprints of the stradale, both body and layout, i bought them a number of years ago because i think it's the most beautifull car ever made.

greetings Edwin M.

Sei cilindri
01-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok, not the real thing ofcourse but did you see the prototype that was launched by Alfa a year or so ago ?

It is said to come in production in 2006 I believe, engine will be Ferrari so a thy succesor with all the modern comforts ?

Stradale_nut
01-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Altough its succesor is a beauty i think it doesn't beat the beauty and feeling the real thing gives, i think that nowadays of every historic model a retroconcept is made which is a shame, once is fine, twice also but the're all doing it. That knowledge lowers the beauty and pureness of a tipo 33 Stradale remake.

Coventrysucks
01-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Ok, not the real thing ofcourse but did you see the prototype that was launched by Alfa a year or so ago ?

It is said to come in production in 2006 I believe, engine will be Ferrari so a thy succesor with all the modern comforts ?

The Alfa 8C Competizione has been axed as it would have taken sales from Maserati, which is another part of the FIAT group. Never compete with yourself.

GTV6
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi Stradale_nut!
Are you interested to sell me a copy of your original blueprints of the stradale?
I will build soon an AR 33 Stradale replica and it's very usefull to me.
Best regards
Nuno Oliveira

1600 GTA
01-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi Pinjo...and Stradale nut....and everybody else

yes, apparently there is a guy here in Croatia who has the car. you can check it on www.oglasnik.hr, "mali oglasi" and then issue 20.01.05.

since i love old alfas and owe one (although not 33 stradale) i made some inquieries. the car is apparently bought few years ago in southern-croatia for 5.000 EUR. the guy did not know which car is it until he came home and made some research on the internet.

then he spent 40.000 EUR on restauration and now the car is ready to drive. the car is not for sale, apparently it ended up in the advertisment by mistake by his brother.

i will make sure to see the car, since i am extremely interested to see.

does somebody know where to find VIN numbers on the frame or bodyshell of 33 stradale?

if somebody knows please tell me..

cheers

Stradale_nut
01-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Hello Nuno,

If you give me your e-mail adres i'll get in contact with you OK.

greetings "Stradale_Nut"

Stradale_nut
01-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Hello Pinjo

The chills go down my spine to see someone sold a stradale for that kind of money and didn't realise what he really had. In this time of fast information of internet,.... A great story !!
The only thing i found on the site was this:

1401 alfa 33 coupe stradale, 67.g., v-8, 2000 ccm 23 ohp 6 brzina 260 max brz., 091/ Broj uz pretplatu

In this add i recognise: 1967 / V8 / 2000cc / 230 HP / 6 speed / 260 kmh

I don't really know what to do with this add but maybe there's other info on this car.
here's the site of all the chassis numbers:

www.classicscars.com/chassis/alfa33.htm

i guess it must be #104 or #105 or #110 since it isn't listed and i know from other sources that there aren't many more than these altough the opinions vary on these numbers

and the Chassisnumber would be something like: 75033*104

I'm really intersted in all the info there is on this car !!!!

greetings: Stradale_nut

1600 GTA
01-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Hi Stradale nut,

unfortunately, that's all i know about the car (what i wrote previously). i saw this add in the newspapers and simply called the guy.

i do not know anything else about the car, but i will see the guy at the first oldtimer rally that will take place in croatia and hopefully find out some more info.

at this stage it is hard to tell, since nobody whom i know actually saw that car or heard anything about it. i know lot of alfa freaks around the country, but this add simply appeared out of the blue!!!! (which is a bit weird for such a small country).

anyway, as soon as i hear anything i will share it with you.

cheers.

GTV6
02-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi Stradale Nut,
My e-mail is [email protected]
Thank you and greetings
Nuno

greg.harvey
09-12-2005, 05:21 AM
Well an original is out, with a price well in to seven figures and only 18 ever made! :(

I too would be curious as to how much a replica would cost. Lovely machines! :D

Blue Flame
10-17-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi Stadale Nut.
I would be willing to pay for a copy of your stradale blueprints if you would be so kind as to sell me a copy.It is my favourite car and dream of building one one day if I could. Has anybody come across anyone who makes a relica of this car?
Ciao
TD

muzzkata
10-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Hi Blue Flame,
I'm sorry to disappoint you,but I haven't blueprints of this bijou.I had just link to site where you eventually can order one.I am not ready to build the car,but another guy,who checked out the link send me message ,that it's not actual anymore.After long research on Internet I finally found a company,located near to London,England,who make replicas of 33/2 Stradale.The main business is car racing , but the guy obviously is maniac,because he told me he has two original 2.2 liter V8 Alfa Stradale ("periscopo") engines;he has moldings taken from original car somewhere close to Torino,Italy;and he said that the project will cost me under GBJ 40.000.I ask him to buy just copy of moldings for the body and he says that everything is possible.All that happen almost two years ago.All info was in my computer,but virus terminated everything inside.I used to do backups on all my files on CD's.I tryed to find this info,but I didn't yet (there is more than 300 CD's,I just don't know where is it).Now I know ,that you are interested and I'll post the address of the company when and if I find it.
Thank you!
And keep on rockin'!

Blue Flame
10-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Hi Muzzkata
Sorry to hear about your virus problemos and contacts lost, so close and yet so far. It would be fantastic if you could find the company address of the guy near London who makes replicas. I am tracking down a 2.5litre Alfa V8 that was used in a Tasman Cup car and need a body/chassis to put it in. I'm trying to find out what the Stradale chassis looks like. I hear its made of either aluminium or magnesium. This is the only pic (lo res) I could find. Do you have any pics you want to share fo chassis or underbody.
Ciao
TD

Alfist-GTV6
10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Well....if you want to build a stradale replica, then you defnatly should use a montreal v8.
Why?
Plain and simple really, the montreal engine is a direct descendent of the tipo 33 engine.

gregvl52
10-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Here are some pictures of the frame, I don't remember where I got them though.

kennyknoxville
10-18-2005, 05:50 PM
who wants to start a buisness with me? purely 33 stradale replicas? i bet wed make a killing

drakkie
10-19-2005, 12:09 AM
who wants to start a buisness with me? purely 33 stradale replicas? i bet wed make a killing

just joking or serious after all ? i'd be interested.... in 5 years after my automotive study has ended ;)

Blue Flame
10-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Hey Gregv152
You Bloody Ripper.. excellent shots. You made my day.
Anybody know who owns this car or where it is.

Alfisti-GTV6... the 2.5V8 is a tipo 33 motor, twin plug slide throttle, magnesium casings. the lot.

Muzzkata, was that company near London called Alfarama by any chance?

henk4
10-19-2005, 02:07 AM

These pics were taken by our member Nopassn at the Concorso Italia 2004.

gregvl52
10-19-2005, 07:46 AM
These pics were taken by our member Nopassn at the Concorso Italia 2004.

I was pretty sure I got them here on UCP, but I did not recognize the copyright on the pictures. Thanks nopassn!

Jose_76
11-30-2005, 04:40 AM
Muzzkata, did you finally found the adress of that guy in England?

90ft
12-01-2005, 02:11 AM
Very interesting thread so far.
For those that are interested in a replica look here.
I'm not great at German but he seems to have done quite a bit of work.
I don't know how good the model is as he has only sections but it will be interesting to watch.

http://www.design-classic-cars.de/alfa-romeo/t33-stradale/t33-stradale01.html
Most Germans speek english so give them a call.

Stadale nut . .. I've PM'd you regarding the blueprints.

Maybe we can try and persuade nopassn to dig through his photo archives and se if he has more images of the chassis.

henk4
12-01-2005, 02:50 AM
very interesting link, apparently he has a full CAD-CAM system of the body, and he has recreated the shape upon which panels can be beaten. Most likely any replica will have to run a Montreal engine as real TT engines are scarse.

There is a Cooper T86 Alfa Romeo running in the TGP series, where the owner is still looking for a real TT engine, to replace the current Montreal, which produces about 300 BHP.

90ft
12-02-2005, 06:30 AM
I wonder how acurate the body will be. If his only reference is those section drawings it could be a long way off.
I hope they continue to update the site as they go.

Stradale-nut
12-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Hello "Blue Flame" or anyone else interested in copies of the Tipo 33 Stradale body and chassis blueprints. Please contact me on [email protected]
Over the years i made a huge data collection on this car with in my mind that there's yet no replica available for this car.

greetings to all: Stradale_Nut

westfieldandy
03-09-2006, 06:06 AM
i'd be interested in body and chassis bluprints

6speed
03-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Looks like the MC12 was inspired off of this.

henk4
03-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Looks like the MC12 was inspired off of this.

Sbarro made a recent version of the Stradale, the MC12 has absolutely nothing in common

McReis
03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Sbarro made a recent version of the Stradale, the MC12 has absolutely nothing in common

Are you sure Mr. Car Expert? Two words for you: four wheels! :D

henk4
03-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Are you sure Mr. Car Expert? Two words for you: four wheels! :D

5, you forgot the steering wheel:D

zen
04-08-2006, 12:45 PM
I would like to produce a Stradale chassis with longitudinal Alfa v6 engine and Hewland gearbox. Body design is up to artists ;)

henk4
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
is that a revised version of the car recently presented by Sbarro, which has a transverse engine?

AlbyVai
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi to all, I'm new in this great forum! :cool:
I'm also interested for a 33 stradale replica! I love this car... :o
bye

spi-ti-tout
04-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Cya...

AlbyVai
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Try this...
http://www.dtmpower.com/dtmEngineering.htm (bottom page)

http://www.dtmpower.com/repilcas.pdf

I'm looking for the body and chassis blueprints... :)

henk4
04-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Try this...
http://www.dtmpower.com/dtmEngineering.htm (bottom page)

http://www.dtmpower.com/repilcas.pdf

I'm looking for the body and chassis blueprints... :)

that is interesting, have you seen any completed replicas?

AlbyVai
04-13-2006, 06:41 AM
that is interesting, have you seen any completed replicas?
No.... :( but I send a request for pics and info... stay tuned!

Anyway, there are other links: :)

http://www.gotoeuro.net/company.aspx?id=4072841&Business=AUTORESTAURO%20DI%20GIORDANENGO%20GIOVANN I%20&%20FIGLI%20(S.N.C.) Autorestauro Di Giordanengo Giovanni & Figli (s.n.c.) from Cuneo, Italy. I think they are the company that have assembled many 33 Stradale replicas with Montreal engine from '80...

http://www.motorima.com/

http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/ (they have a Stratos Replica, but I'm not sure for the 33 Stradale)

henk4
04-13-2006, 06:46 AM
thanks, only the Motorima site opens, but that has not been updated during the last 4 years.....

AlbyVai
04-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Sorry, the first company don't have a Internet site... (or try copy/paste the link in your browser). You can only call with phone... this is the complete info :p

AUTORESTAURO DI GIORDANENGO GIOVANNI & FIGLI (S.N.C.) V. MARZABOTTO, 1 12012 BOVES (Cuneo, ITALY) +39 (0171) 380249

Yes, http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/ not working now... :confused: , it seems to have of the temporary problems :mad:
try this for the Stratos Replica and some company info http://www.stratossupersite.com/hawkcars.htm

henk4
04-13-2006, 07:27 AM
I just happened to post this pic yesterday as well, at the Silverstone Classic in 2005, there was a bunch of Stratos'. It turned out that all them were replicas:)

AlbyVai
04-14-2006, 05:12 AM
There is a film with Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale :eek: :eek: :eek: (like Museo Storico version, with 4 headlamps):
"Un Bellissimo Novembre" (1969)
with Gina Lollobrigida (wow, very sexy and famous :o ), music by Ennio Morricone, directed by Mauro Bolognini.
Also Known As:
Ce merveilleux automne (France)
That Splendid November
Review: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062722/

Some pics from the film:

henk4
04-14-2006, 05:25 AM
we are going to be at the Alfa Museum next friday. (get some better pics)

however in the mean time, the Stradale as shown during last year's Pebble Beach Concours

AlbyVai
04-14-2006, 05:36 AM
I have some videos from the film: divx 260x192, italian language or in high quality 520x384 if anyone want it... :cool: or for a translation from italian

henk4
04-14-2006, 06:31 AM
I have some videos from the film: divx 260x192, italian language or in high quality 520x384 if anyone want it... :cool: or for a translation from italian

http://www.mondohe.com/customer/product.php?productid=2347&cat=6

here's one on offer for 12 Euro:)

henk4
04-14-2006, 06:33 AM

nice " motori tanti potenti":)

AlbyVai
04-14-2006, 06:48 AM
OK, I have upload 5 videos parts of the film...

nice " motori tanti potenti":)
Yes, I agree :cool:
but listen the motor sound!!! that's music :)

henk4
04-14-2006, 07:08 AM
OK, I have upload 5 videos parts of the film...

Yes, I agree :cool:
but listen the motor sound!!! that's music :)

thanks again, it also reminds me how beautiful Gina actually is/was:)

AlbyVai
04-18-2006, 02:59 AM
thanks, only the Motorima site opens, but that has not been updated during the last 4 years.....
Anyway Motorima is an active Company...
...today they have replied to my email!
Q: Please, can this company assembled (or have already build one) an Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale 1967 Replica?
If you have, can you send some pics and info?
R: Hallo,
No we haven't yet.
Best regards Magnus Ahlqvist MOTORIMA

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad:

henk4
04-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Anyway Motorima is an active Company...
...today they have replied to my email!
Q: Please, can this company assembled (or have already build one) an Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale 1967 Replica?
If you have, can you send some pics and info?
R: Hallo,
No we haven't yet.
Best regards Magnus Ahlqvist MOTORIMA

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad:

apparently their current activity is restricted to answering the phone:D

AlbyVai
04-18-2006, 03:52 AM
apparently their current activity is restricted to answering the phone:D
Yes, I agree :p :D

Some pics of the chassis:

AlbyVai
04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm always looking for the body and chassis blueprints... :(

There is a interesting magazine, Style Auto issue #28, June 1971...
In this magazine the blueprints is included, as it was a supplement!

Anyone have some info... thanks ;)

hox
05-18-2008, 12:33 AM
AlfaPower - Stadale blueprint - Powered by XMB (http://www.alfapower.nu/viewthread.php?tid=25831&page=1#pid258080)

Here is some blueprints.
/H

LotusLocost
05-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Just for everyones information the Motorima Coachbuilding (http://motorima.com) page has been updated extensively the latest years. Featuring many of this genius in metal preparation and coach-buildings fabulous work! Incredible what you can make with a wooden hammer and a sandbag, and of course the english wheel, in a small garage on the Swedish countryside! I am pretty sure he is the man for producing a T33 Stradale replica/rebuild! If only money grew in the backyard I don't have!:D

christo65
05-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread with interest for some weeks now though have had some difficulty posting in the past. Apparently I needed to make my 1st post within a month of signing up. As I didn't, I have been struggling to get one past the admins. ;-)

Anyway, firstly thanks for all the great and useful info on what is my favourite car and I hope to see and hear from some of you here again soon.

One question I have that somebody may be able to answer is what is the webbed cockpit section made of in the Stradale? I'm guessing it might be sandcast alloy but I can't tell from any pics I've seen. Could it be fibreglass of some description? These and other questions will hopefully be revealed by those more knowledgeable than myself!

Cheers and thanks.

Knuto
05-28-2008, 07:01 AM
I think it is magnesium if I remember correctly.

This is such a beautiful machine, both mechanically and aesthetically. My favourite aswell

LotusLocost
05-28-2008, 02:53 PM
That is most certainly correct Knuto.
In my book by Collins/McDonough it is explained about the first chassis made:
"The frame where made from three pieces of aluminium tubing 5ft long and 8in in diameter... ...They where riveted together in form of an H. They where also coated with a synthetic mastic and served as 26-gallon fuel tanks. At the front, a magnesium casting connecting the two ends and provide mounting for the pedals , master cylinders and steering gear. The front suspension assemblies were also attached to this "bulkhead". At the rear a fabricated sheet steel bulkhead was bolted to arms that reached out from the bottom legs of the "H" and the rear suspension was hung from this. All the magnesium components were casted by Campagnolo in Vicenza..."
This is a description of the frame of the "Periscopica" model, the very first T33.
If I remember correctly this frame type was also in the Stradale.

This Tipo 33 book is from Veloce publishing and you can probably find it on e-bay or bookstores with some car books. It is a very interesting read for T33 lovers.
Veloce Publishing (http://www.veloce.co.uk)

90ft
06-26-2008, 07:07 AM
And before you buy it be sure that you are more interested in where car was driven where by whom than in the development of the cars themselves. In the boss and his love of adopting stay animals than any technical information what-so-ever! In fact you'll probably get more information off the internet on the Typo 33 Stradale than you will from this book. I bought it and found it totally useless. You honestly get more information from 2 pages of random images in the back than you do from all the text put together. and most of those images I had already from the internet.
Very disappointing book. And a total waste of money.
Written, it seems to me, by someone who just trawls thought magazines and puts together a history of the car and how it performed with no real interest in the cars technically. They just do the same research for each car they come across and churn out awful books that make them money.
Just my opinion.

dome p2
07-13-2008, 03:33 PM

those might be the pics i took at a michigan car show (cranbrook 03?)...

cheers

dp2

dome p2
07-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Hello "Blue Flame" or anyone else interested in copies of the Tipo 33 Stradale body and chassis blueprints. Please contact me on [email protected]
Over the years i made a huge data collection on this car with in my mind that there's yet no replica available for this car.

greetings to all: Stradale_Nut

yes there are a few replicas around... unfortunately, they arent done in a convincing manor. its not easy to replicate the cast mg subframes and ektron tubes. although nearly every part of the motor is different from the stradale 33 V8, i think a montreal motor would do fine.

people often think there are 16-18 33 stradale built. but nearly half of them where used as concept cars underpinnings for bertone, pinninfarina and ital design. so the actual number of the car we'er discussing is far lower.

;)

warm regards

dp2

keef
07-17-2008, 03:59 PM
hi ! it's amazing !i find some others who want to build a Stradale ! well, me too ; ) i have some infos but not everything, and i can't find those blueprints. i have some others.
you can contact me.
best!
Adrien

gtmandson
02-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Who can help me with 33 stradale engines data's?

LeonOfTheDead
02-06-2009, 08:18 AM
1967 - 1969 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - Images, Specifications and Information (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/968/Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.html)

and

1967 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale technical specifications and data - 2 door 2 litre (1995 cc) V8 233.2 PS - Carfolio.com car specifications pages (http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=42317)

muzzkata
06-07-2009, 02:30 PM
There is the company in UK, close to London which I have contacted...well...years ago, which address I lost, but luckily found! Please, check here:
DTMPower Contact Us (http://www.dtmpower.com/dtmContact.htm)
Back then they told me, that they do have molds taken from the original 33 Stradale - the "prototipo" version - the one with 4 head lights - you can see it here: http://www.dtmpower.com/repilcas.pdf
Contact them and ask if they still have the molds and are willing to sell.
Good luck everybody!