PDA

View Full Version : crazy european release dates

targa
05-14-2005, 10:12 PM
as my sig might have you know, i am quite a big white stripes fan

i was looking at their website today, well, yesterday, but i havent been to sleep yet, so to me, its still saturday

so i was looking at the website in anticipation of their new album, Get Behind Me Satan, and it gave the release date, June 7, then i saw it was June 7 for the U.S., June 6 for UK/Europe

and i cried, you guys get to hear it a whole day before i do, though i am doubtful anyone on here will, because i have found that there are not as many white stripes fans anywhere as i would think

anyone here a fan?

also, England's own Coldplay is releasing their new album, X&Y, the same day(june 7 here, i assume the sixth in Europe), which i will also be purchasing and i think will be enjoyable

any fans of coldplay here?

pointless thread....

clutch-monkey
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
any fans of coldplay here?

pointless thread....
i like coldplay...
its also worse for games isn't? doesn't europe get games later because the developers have to adjust for each country/language.
i remember for a awhile UK gamers would import games from australia becuase we're PAL as well, but get the games earlier(not that long after US)

targa
05-14-2005, 10:31 PM
i like coldplay...
its also worse for games isn't? doesn't europe get games later because the developers have to adjust for each country/language.
i remember for a awhile UK gamers would import games from australia becuase we're PAL as well, but get the games earlier(not that long after US)thats alot of work for a game, though i know people that are in love with HALO enough, if it was released somewhere else first, they would be on the web clicking away

Spastik_Roach
05-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I like both, w00t.

clutch-monkey
05-14-2005, 11:28 PM
thats alot of work for a game,
i'm not sure it is because i think UK and Aus are both PAL - no need to mod your xbox etc. you just buy it and get it shipped across and you could be getting the game months ahead. i think most developers have begun recognizing the UK as a separate market tho, hence thy might be getting games earlier now

targa
05-14-2005, 11:32 PM
i'm not sure it is because i think UK and Aus are both PAL - no need to mod your xbox etc. you just buy it and get it shipped across and you could be getting the game months ahead. i think most developers have begun recognizing the UK as a separate market tho, hence thy might be getting games earlier nowoh, kinda misunderstood you there, sorry

clutch-monkey
05-14-2005, 11:35 PM
oh, kinda misunderstood you there, sorry
well, you are right, it is more work than just popping into EB ;) :)

ScionDriver
05-15-2005, 10:28 AM
I like both but I really don't buy CDs much as I am so broke, so I guess I might download them.

Mustang
05-15-2005, 10:33 AM
why not just download the album now, ive had them since last week :p

VtecMini
05-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Hmm... I wouldn't get too upset. IIRC the Japanese got the PSP portable thing last december, the US got it a month or so after that I think. We get it sometime in september...

:(

targa
05-15-2005, 11:48 AM
why not just download the album now, ive had them since last week :(
because im not a theif, and even if i did download music i wouldnt download any White Stripes or Coldplay because i know what i buy will be worth it

i guess i have respect