PDA

View Full Version : As with many others, I have some bad news...

CdocZ
05-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Many others have said this, and sadly, I have to add myself to this list: I have too little time to spare on UCP these days. :(

School is now taking up too much time, youth group events, and now that I can drive, I will be out seeing friends alot more. These are all great reasons and all, which is why I looked at how I am starting to post less and less anyway, and decided: I will still post every now and then, but really, I am done for awhile. My future is just too filled, from a short view of just a few weeks, to a long view of a few years.

So, sorry, but if you want to keep in touch, just post your email/SN, for either MSN or AIM.

I have had a major switch in priorities recently, and already I go to a hard school, and the multiple honors classes next year won't help my situation. Sorry guys :(

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
sad to see you go, by buddy :( ...i need a bigger buddy list :o

my porsche
05-17-2005, 06:01 PM
mynameishernando

and is tehre a way to get a bigger buddy list? i keep having to delete people so im undr 200

you lucky boy you can drive, have you got a car yet

CdocZ
05-17-2005, 06:03 PM
mynameishernando

and is tehre a way to get a bigger buddy list? i keep having to delete people so im undr 200

you lucky boy you can drive, have you got a car yet

1993 Mercury Sable.

There are programs you can get that let you have a second AIM run at the same time. Check www.download.com

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-17-2005, 06:03 PM
i mean my UCP budy list

my porsche
05-17-2005, 06:04 PM
yeah only 5 people? whats a buddy list do anyway?

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-17-2005, 06:06 PM
i dunno, scince exige left and codz now im down to 5 (your in there)

my porsche
05-17-2005, 06:08 PM
i feel so special! :D i have people on it, but i have no idea what it does :p

Rockefella
05-17-2005, 06:09 PM
High school can't be that time-consuming can it?!?!!?! Hell, I'm in 4 Honors classes/Ap classes and work three days a week but am almost at 4k posts.

CdocZ
05-17-2005, 06:24 PM
High school can't be that time-consuming can it?!?!!?! Hell, I'm in 4 Honors classes/Ap classes and work three days a week but am almost at 4k posts.

Dual curriculum private school - a rather good one too. I have 8 classes in total.
A "C" in the non-honors classes are the equivalent of a "B+" or "A" in the local public schools, one of which is on the top 40 list (Walter Johnson). Every teacher seems to forget that we are a dual curriculum school, and I find myself doing 2 hours of normal homework a night, then if I don't study another hour or two, I am screwed for tests. It's ridiculous, and next year I am going to be in 3-4 honors classes.......all my free time starting June 17th will be spent with friends (physically, not electronically, really anymore).

It is indeed suprising though, how much time school takes up. The rest of my time: friends. A side affect of ritalin (I take ADD medicine) is that you basically become a quiet kind of guy, pretty much permanently. My new ADD medicine has no side affects, and helps get rid of the "quieting affect" of ritalin, which helps explain part of this change.

Rockefella
05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Dual curriculum private school - a rather good one too. I have 8 classes in total.
A "C" in the non-honors classes are the equivalent of a "B+" or "A" in the local public schools, one of which is on the top 40 list (Walter Johnson). Every teacher seems to forget that we are a dual curriculum school, and I find myself doing 2 hours of normal homework a night, then if I don't study another hour or two, I am screwed for tests. It's ridiculous, and next year I am going to be in 3-4 honors classes.......all my free time starting June 17th will be spent with friends (physically, not electronically, really anymore).

It is indeed suprising though, how much time school takes up. The rest of my time: friends. A side affect of ritalin (I take ADD medicine) is that you basically become a quiet kind of guy, pretty much permanently. My new ADD medicine has no side affects, and helps get rid of the "quieting affect" of ritalin, which helps explain part of this change.

OK then, good luck. All hail public school.

johnnynumfiv
05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
As said above, sad to see you go. :(

OK then, good luck. All hail public school.

w3rd, 4 classes a semester, about 30 minutes of homework, and I'm in honors classes :D

my porsche
05-17-2005, 06:48 PM
public school is ridiculously easy, i usualy do my homewrok in class or in "bear time" (30 mins to do hw and read, very gay idea, but turned out well)

Niko_Fx
05-17-2005, 06:54 PM
public school is ridiculously easy, i usualy do my homewrok in class or in "bear time"

You go to a public school? :eek: :eek: Omg are you serious? :eek: :eek:

;);)

CdocZ... I'll see you around man, I work 20 hours a week, go to college, drive and I still have more than enough time to dedicate to UCP :)

my porsche
05-17-2005, 06:56 PM
You go to a public school? :eek: :eek: Omg are you serious? :eek: :eek:

whats that supposed to mean? any time i post something where there is a cheaper or more expensive option it seems you always pick on me somehow :confused: :(

but i used to go to private school, sucks bullocks

CdocZ
05-17-2005, 06:56 PM
but i used to go to private school, sucks bullocks

Meh, better education :p

johnnynumfiv
05-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Meh, better education :p

The difference between a good education or a bad education is in the eye of the beholder.

d-quik
05-17-2005, 07:19 PM
The difference between a good education or a bad education is in the eye of the beholder.actually, the "goodness" of a school can be quantatized

johnnynumfiv
05-17-2005, 07:23 PM
It's what you do with your education which detirmines if you got a good education or not.

d-quik
05-17-2005, 08:59 PM
It's what you do with your education which detirmines if you got a good education or not.but some people do not even have the chance to make a choice on what to do. there are small-city schools that do not offer the courses required. there are countries where the government decides what you will study. there are people who simply can't even afford good quality schooling.

there are such things as a good school and a bad one.

targa
05-17-2005, 09:16 PM
i was thinking about fasting from UCP over the summer, maybe reconnect with some people i have lost because of this damn site

its like cocaine

whiteballz
05-17-2005, 09:18 PM
sorry to hear so many UCP'ers are going away. :(

i shall be back to full posting capabilities on friday or sat (my net is finaly going to be fixed then!(f**king lightning strike ruined phone line)

anyway - i have 7 classes - no frees @ school - driving lessons - and 10 acres of bush to kill myself on! hail mountian biking!

what sort of classes do you guys take?

ive got-
english (standard - i couldnt care less for advanced because its all easy for me)
earth and environmental sciences - all about geology, and the universe
business studies - need to learn to run my own business sometime
visual design - this terms major project is to make a kyte! too hard :rollseyes:
design & technology - my design brief is an avalanche proof building. (cool ey?)
photography - my teacher is S-T-U-P-I-D! its so sad...
and IT at tafe which is where i am now. which is everything under the sun about PC's

taz_rocks_miami
05-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Many others have said this, and sadly, I have to add myself to this list: I have too little time to spare on UCP these days. :(

School is now taking up too much time, youth group events, and now that I can drive, I will be out seeing friends alot more. These are all great reasons and all, which is why I looked at how I am starting to post less and less anyway, and decided: I will still post every now and then, but really, I am done for awhile. My future is just too filled, from a short view of just a few weeks, to a long view of a few years.

So, sorry, but if you want to keep in touch, just post your email/SN, for either MSN or AIM.

I have had a major switch in priorities recently, and already I go to a hard school, and the multiple honors classes next year won't help my situation. Sorry guys :(

Sorry to see you go dude. You'll be missed. But school should come first, knowledge is power after all :) Good luck!! If you want my e-mail send me a PM.

Spastik_Roach
05-17-2005, 10:11 PM
[email protected] although you probably have it already I think. Just come on when you can mate :)

Clivey
05-18-2005, 01:06 AM
You'll still find time - I have and I have a german GCSE exam tomorrow lol :(

fpv_gtho
05-18-2005, 01:32 AM
sorry to hear so many UCP'ers are going away. :(

i shall be back to full posting capabilities on friday or sat (my net is finaly going to be fixed then!(f**king lightning strike ruined phone line)

anyway - i have 7 classes - no frees @ school - driving lessons - and 10 acres of bush to kill myself on! hail mountian biking!

what sort of classes do you guys take?

ive got-
english (standard - i couldnt care less for advanced because its all easy for me)
earth and environmental sciences - all about geology, and the universe
business studies - need to learn to run my own business sometime
visual design - this terms major project is to make a kyte! too hard :rollseyes:
design & technology - my design brief is an avalanche proof building. (cool ey?)
photography - my teacher is S-T-U-P-I-D! its so sad...
and IT at tafe which is where i am now. which is everything under the sun about PC's

You dont have frees?! Ive got 2 a week, last period thurs and fri :p

shr0olvl
05-18-2005, 04:27 AM
highschool is easy. it's easier than junior high ! :eek: I never get homework and when I do, I finish it in class :cool: It's prolly my schedule though :D

Geography
Algebra
P.E.
Tech

somehow i still manage to pass... :p

Rockefella
05-18-2005, 04:31 AM
1st Period: FREE (Chemistry Lab period on C-day- we have an A, B, C, D-day schedule)
2nd Period: P.E./Health
3rd Period: U.S. History 2 A.P.
4th Period: Chemistry 1H
5th Period: Advanced Web Design
6th Period: FREE
7th Period: Humanities 1 A.P. (English 3H)
8th Period: Algebra 2

spi-ti-tout
05-18-2005, 05:04 AM
8th Period: Algebra 2
What is this? Some kind of new Algebra? Or a higher level?
Sorry, but I've never heard of it. Is it only US-syllabus? :confused:

Besides that, CdocZ, you will be missed. If you have msn kindly add me to your list :)

6'bore
05-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Sad to see you go, Hopefully you will be back when you get all of the grades you want, good luck mate.

CdocZ
05-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey. At school right now, mostly working, just wanted to point out that I am not actually leaving, I am just going to post ALOT less. Chances are I will be able to work in a post here and there, but it will be something like around 2 posts a week.

Thank you guys, as soon as I get home I will add the email addresses I do not yet have.

The grades I am hoping for: 4.0 GPA, when un-weighted by honors. With honors, I am hoping for 4.75 or higher in those honors classes. Chances are with the amount of work I will be investing in this, I will be able to pull it off.

targa
05-18-2005, 09:05 PM
today i got grades for half marking period
Honors American Lit - C
DE American History - B
Psychology - B
Honors Chemestry - D+
Français II - C+

my porsche
05-19-2005, 02:04 PM
targa, nice grades

niko.... respond to my post on the frist page