UCR
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/4558633.stm
check the petition ,

"he's a lanky prat"
haha :D

Mustang
05-18-2005, 10:39 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41158000/jpg/_41158873_rover_clarkson203.jpg

haha there campaigning and wonder if the same thing that happened to rover will happen to them ?

ScionDriver
05-18-2005, 11:30 AM
My goodness those people are harsh. I think its funny though because I like him for why they hate him.

This makes a joke of all degrees out there. As a journalist Clarkson has never provided a balanced view and essentially uses his position to air his views. In awarding this degree Oxford Brookes looses its credibility as a serious educational establishment.
I think all he does is provide balance! I think he tells you just how the car is.

As an graduate (Oxford, 1967) I feel that an Honorary Degree should awarded to someone who has madea real contribution tp society and I think that an Oxford grad should have better spelling and grammer.

derekthetree
05-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Oxford Brookes should not ruin their reputation.

51st out of 100 in the times university league tables. maybe he would riun it that much...

also transport2000's arguments are flawed as clarkson owns what about 5 cars, which means that at any one time he's not driving four which is reducing the level of pollution from cars :)

taz_rocks_miami
05-18-2005, 12:04 PM
"The nomination was made on the grounds that Clarkson is a high-profile figure in these areas and has a real passion for engineering and high standards in engineering production. This is what is being recognised by the award"

If this is the case, why is he being awarded the degree for enviormental reasons? I'm not saying JC is or isn't deserving of the degree on enviornmental grounds, I don't know enough about the man to say either or. But if it's his passion for engineering the basis, why not ward it for that and avoid the contreversy?

ZeTurbo
05-18-2005, 12:47 PM
clarkson doesnt like porsches.
i like porsches.

therefore jeremy clarkson does not like.

so why should i care... ;)

He hit a tree and suposedly ran over a bog. FUSILATE HIM!!!

Mustang
05-18-2005, 12:50 PM
he drove a porsche into a builting then dropped a grand piano on it then blew it up :p

still like him lol

johnnyperl
05-18-2005, 02:15 PM
hes a dick!
Tiff and Jason are much better.

Mustang
05-18-2005, 02:45 PM
whatever...

RS6
05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I think he's brilliant, I little OTT at times I know, but by far the most interesting car columnist.

And what did Rover expect, they have been producing absolute crap for years and years.

Vaigra
05-18-2005, 05:02 PM
I think he's brilliant, I little OTT at times I know, but by far the most interesting car columnist.

And what did Rover expect, they have been producing absolute crap for years and years.
couldn't have worded it any better :D

ruim20
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Tiff and Jason have much crispier looks at cars, clarkson jokes around and keeps viewers entertained, i would like to see him do a decente critic to a car, almost all supercars that go on top gear are the best... one week after the other the car is great.. just take a look at the viper, it's crap, we all know it but in top gear none of that was said, i wish it could be a true car enthusiast (like us) show and a less "for the masses" entertainment.

spi-ti-tout
05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Like I said,
Clarkson(TG) is more 'personality' of the car, what it is, what it can do to you and what it isn't, and what it cant do to you
Tiff(FG) is more 'technical' towards the car, just what it can do and just what it cant

Matra et Alpine
05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
hes a dick!
Tiff and Jason are much better.

Seriously ?

Tiff's head can't fit into any race helmet and Plato is a born-again tosser :)

JC's not a god, BUT at least he doens't hype himelsf above hsi capabilities.
He always admits he doesnt' understand the workgin os cars and only talks about the "fun" and "coolness"

Spastik_Roach
05-19-2005, 02:18 AM
What J.C should do is take one of the latest torque monsters by Mercedes, drive it too where the protestors are at, and do the largest burn out you've EVER seen.

2ndclasscitizen
05-19-2005, 05:36 AM
^ yes that is awesome. ruim20, did actually see the viper review, he acknoweledged that is wasn't very good, but he LIKED it. there's a difference, he liked it because it was simple engineering which made the car heaps of fun.

and jason plato sucks ass, he caused another driver to roll at Bathurst last year because he didn't move far enough over

ruim20
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
^ yes that is awesome. ruim20, did actually see the viper review, he acknoweledged that is wasn't very good, but he LIKED it. there's a difference, he liked it because it was simple engineering which made the car heaps of fun.

and jason plato sucks ass, he caused another driver to roll at Bathurst last year because he didn't move far enough over

I have the viper review both from top gear and fifth gear... and i still don't get how top gear can be so shalow and don't say that the viper is crap!

johnnyperl
05-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Like I said,
Clarkson(TG) is more 'personality' of the car, what it is, what it can do to you and what it isn't, and what it cant do to you
Tiff(FG) is more 'technical' towards the car, just what it can do and just what it cant
good point.
i think both shows have alot of crap (FG's crash tests and TG's making fun of cheap cars, road trips), but i guess they cant review a ferrari or aston every week. I liked plato's review of the GTi and that it was choosen as their car of the year. (that DSG is pretty cool!)

does anyone know why Tiff and JC spilt, each wanted his own show?
doesnt JC have a political show aswell? is he very conservative?

Spastik_Roach
05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
I would doubt that J.C is conservative. I wouldn't know though.

2ndclasscitizen
05-21-2005, 12:16 AM
i'd say tiff probably got a better offer to do 5th gear before top gear restarted

IBrake4Rainbows
05-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Anyone who goes to TG looking for a Balanced opinion with the emphasis bein gplaced purely on telling you the good/bad points of the car should really be looking elsewhere.

I watch TG to be entertained; even, in such cars as the Maserati Quattroporte's case, they find severe flaws in the package, they judge the car almost as much on character as the sum of it's parts.

All I can say is; Looking at the popularity of FOX news, obviously just the facts don't cut it nowadays in Ratingsworld.