PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates will release Halo 3 on PS3 launch---cheater!!!

NuclearCrap
05-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Bill Gates is just a big cheater, he said that he's gonna release Halo 3 on the same day PS3 launches, so people will buy his damn game but not PS3. I think he's going to get a lot of complaints about him being an ass. I hope Sony's reputation in console gaming will beat XBox despite Gates' Halo 3. :mad:

johnnyperl
05-24-2005, 01:35 AM
HAHA
PS bad, XBOX good.

Merrill
05-24-2005, 01:51 AM
I prefer PS than XBOX. The control of the XBOX is rather small too.

Cotterik
05-24-2005, 02:31 AM
what a tit, i think thats taking it too far, seeing as its already been shown that the ps3 is technically more advanced than the xbox 360, he's obviously trying everything to stop the ps3 from overtaking it.

clutch-monkey
05-24-2005, 02:51 AM
not a fan of either console, and i do harbour a supreme distate for playstations- but bill gates is still a dick

Jonny Flash
05-24-2005, 03:08 AM
ok geeks:

1) XBOX and PS are COMPETING products from COMPETING companies - he's just being smart so shut up.

and 2) stop being such losers, whinging about computer games? GET A LIFE!

SPHFerrari
05-24-2005, 03:38 AM
stop bitching jonny flash.

Coventrysucks
05-24-2005, 04:51 AM
so people will buy his damn game but not PS3.

What?

"Oh I don't think I'll bother with this £350 PS3, I'll just buy this £35 game and an Xbox instead."

Lay off the drugs man...

drakkie
05-24-2005, 05:37 AM
stop bitching jonny flash.

he is right though :p :)

Matt
05-24-2005, 06:06 AM
It's just the way heavy competition works. Get over it.

Blitz_
05-24-2005, 06:51 AM
NuclearCrap get over it!! omfg that is sad if u complain about that, its a bloody marketing strategy and i hope he will pull it off, its a part of the business world, get over it.

man 430gt
05-24-2005, 10:06 AM
It's just the way heavy competition works. Get over it.
Matts right, it the way of the game.

Quiggs
05-24-2005, 10:09 AM
This will have very little effect on PS3 sales. People who want to buy Halo will buy Halo. People who want to buy PS3 will buy PS3. People who want both will buy both.

It's just marketing.

Rockefella
05-24-2005, 10:14 AM
It's actually a genius move, and things have been that way for years. Think about Primetime television and how shows compete..

Tuscan666
05-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh come on, after Halo 2, people would of gave up on Halo anyways. I'm sure it wont change a thing. People are not going to go out thinking ahhh yes ill buy a PS3 OMFG new HALO!!!!!! forget the ps3. it aint gonna happen. PS3 will still sell VERY well. Sony have nothing to worry about.

ZemoButts
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
they are only trying to divert attention from the PS3

And

I prefer PS than XBOX. The control of the XBOX is rather small too.

too small?? thats a first everyone was saying it was too big

Vindesh17
05-24-2005, 02:14 PM
why does it matter if its released on the same day? PS3 is a gaming console and Halo 3 is a GAME!!! so they are not even directly competing against each other.

Quiggs
05-24-2005, 02:16 PM
why does it matter if its released on the same day? PS3 is a gaming console and Halo 3 is a GAME!!! so they are not even directly competing against each other.
But the number of Xbox 2 sales will go up on that day, as many people who want to play exclusively Halo will buy it on that day. Hence it could possibly effect PS3 sales. Very doubtful.

NuclearCrap
05-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm worried since I like Sony, it's just that I don't like the idea of Gates, it sure calmed me down after I heard some of you say that it's not going to affect Sony. I still do think that Sony's PS series is better than Xbox since it's been well-trusted for a decade.

Viper007
05-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Somebodys better

Blitz_
05-25-2005, 05:31 AM
ROFL sony well trusted!!! omg largely over-rated comment there, sony's products are well renowned for malfunctions from personal cd players (personal experience), plasma screens, tv's, electronincs and what not, oh and the ps2, bloody renowned for the cd drive malfunctioning and buggering the whole system, so dont say its more TRUSTED, just more popular

danno
05-25-2005, 06:17 AM
ROFL sony well trusted!!! omg largely over-rated comment there, sony's products are well renowned for malfunctions from personal cd players (personal experience), plasma screens, tv's, electronincs and what not, oh and the ps2, bloody renowned for the cd drive malfunctioning and buggering the whole system, so dont say its more TRUSTED, just more popular

dont forget the promises of toy story graphics too.....

back on topic, its a smart move by microsoft. thats about all there is to it really.

Blitz_
05-25-2005, 06:34 AM
hahha toy story graphics, yer im sure, they showed off killzone 2 "demo" and it was all along a cgi movie

spi-ti-tout
05-25-2005, 07:03 AM
"If its got to go wrong, its got to be Microsoft!"

Blitz_
05-25-2005, 07:25 AM
yer, and sony is squeeky clean? their unreliable as hell and are definetly known for causing problems from developers and consumers alike, just like the ps3, the cell will never be as powerful as they say it is, same thing about the ps2 when it was first released. IMO sony are just as bad, if not worse than MS, the problem is that MS problems are publiscised in far greater detail and range, giving us the impression that MS are always shite, hence the saying from spi-ti-tout

spi-ti-tout
05-25-2005, 07:55 AM
Did I say any of that? :)

Suka
05-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Now, what you want is an PSApplebox, works fine , does exactly what the XBOX and PS2 do but for some unknown reason it is less popular.
lol

Blitz_
05-25-2005, 08:28 AM
rofl

or u could have the applecast or xstation ds

CdocZ
05-25-2005, 09:18 AM
This thread should just go and shoot itself in the knees, right before it has to run from 5,000 very pissed off grizzly bears.

Why?

Ok, Microsoft's idea IS good, money wise. And that is what many many companies are made to do in the first place: make money for the founder. Financially, that was a smart move.

What some of you are failing to see, is that even though the Halo series is Microsoft's cutting edge and flagship-game, that only means that it will hurt Microsoft's reputation, but will make them more money.

GOOD MOVE!!!

Yeah, I am slightly irratated about how Microsoft is practically giving away some of the rights to their flagship game, which also happens to be my favorite, but look at it this way: without all those guys who buy Ferrari's simply because the car IS a FERRARI, Ferrari would be some useless crap company in some dirt-poor land making razors out of the metal from their old cars.

As for an "all CGI" game, thats basically Halo 2. They did this because it may take more time, but in the end there is less lag, and it looks better (I may be confusing CGI with something else, but I think this is right). Really, graphics will not be the major strongpoint of the PS3 and X360, but the new multi-thread/multi-proccessor core technologies allowing amazingly good and detaild AI systems running for every character in the game.

Proccessing power is the future of gaming at the moment. Not in total amount of ghz, but in amount of individual programs the system can run all at once.

Rockefella
05-25-2005, 09:31 AM
In summation, PS2 may claim to have higher cells and what not, but in the end it's all the same. If I'm not mistaken, they're using the same Video Cards and similar IBM busses?

6'bore
05-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Bill Gates is just a big cheater, he said that he's gonna release Halo 3 on the same day PS3 launches, so people will buy his damn game but not PS3. I think he's going to get a lot of complaints about him being an ass. I hope Sony's reputation in console gaming will beat XBox despite Gates' Halo 3. :mad:

I doubt that all the people who don't have an xbox, and are planning on buying a PS3 will think,

'hmmmm, sack off the PS3, let's get Halo!'