PDA

View Full Version : Canadian car company?

Acura/subarufan
05-24-2005, 06:08 PM
I was wondering, was there ever a canadian car company? i heard something about one before, does any one have any info? also here are two cool pics of a 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT i found.

Vaigra
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
cool pics...?

Acura/subarufan
05-24-2005, 06:11 PM
got the pics!

gregvl52
05-24-2005, 06:19 PM
There was Bricklin.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1766

That's the only one I know of.

carrera_gtcrazy
05-24-2005, 06:24 PM
There was Bricklin.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1766

That's the only one I know of.
I was going to mention this. But technically it was only produced in Canada, but its still an American car..

Rebirth of Xar
05-24-2005, 06:27 PM
heres a pic I took of a Bricklin I saw in the city.

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-24-2005, 06:37 PM
heres a pic I took of a Bricklin I saw in the city.
how do you have the guts to walk around the city and just snap pictures of cars! :eek: !

Vaigra
05-24-2005, 06:40 PM
how do you have the guts to walk around the city and just snap pictures of cars! :eek: !
what I wanna know is how he gets to see all these cars all the time!:eek:

Rockefella
05-24-2005, 06:44 PM
There are nice cars in Manhattan.

Vaigra
05-24-2005, 06:46 PM
no fair :rolleyes:
I've seen a couple of murcielago's and 355s here but always on the move so not been able to get pics :(

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-24-2005, 06:46 PM
i noticed but he lives there...i hate walking around the city like im a tourist

Rockefella
05-24-2005, 06:48 PM
no fair :rolleyes:
I've seen a couple of murcielago's and 355s here but always on the move so not been able to get pics :(
I see nothing, so don't worry.

ZeTurbo
05-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Bombardier, made an attempt at producing an electric car last year...

couple of prototypes were produced but they kept having "unexplainable fires" in the batteries so they scraped it.

Rebirth of Xar
05-24-2005, 07:24 PM
sometimes i dont take pics of the cars.. it depends. for the nsx pic i used in last weeks contest i didnt want to just take pics infront of everyone eating so i didnt get alot of good key shots like the wheels and rims and stuff but im ok with the shots i took from across the street.

when you live in the city you either dont have enough pics of the city or you have wwaaaayyy too many pics of the city. I try to take pics of all the nice buildings without cars in front then i try to reproduce shots but with nice cars in the picture. Thats how I always do my car hunting. I have certain routes I walk to and from train stations so I see alot of different parts of town while out car hunting. Its really fun because You can always go car hunting on a small break while working or just running errands all you need is to have the camera handy.

remember.. If you see something unique parked on the street there is a very large chance that youll never see it again so you have to make the best of every moment!

clutch-monkey
05-24-2005, 11:34 PM
remember.. If you see something unique parked on the street there is a very large chance that youll never see it again so you have to make the best of every moment!
unfortunately i hardly ever carry a digicam :( so i'm always missing opportunities

drakkie
05-25-2005, 04:43 AM
unfortunately i hardly ever carry a digicam :( so i'm always missing opportunities

sounds all very familiar... :(

Egg Nog
05-25-2005, 03:45 PM
This is a pretty cool Canadian car.

550hp-1000hp will be available.

Zondaboy1
05-25-2005, 05:55 PM
i always take my digital camera with me but it is a right hand SLR camera and i cant use it with my broken hand and the first day i went without my camera i saw my favorite car- the pagani zonda c12s 7.3 roadster!!(for the second time) and a lamgorghini gallardo and a ferrari 612 scagletti(lucky day)

Egg Nog
05-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Haha :)

That was sooo out-of-context. :D

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Haha :)

That was sooo out-of-context. :D
your awesome man, likeley one of the most lighthearted mods on this forum...what engine does that car use? why is it amidst nissans? :)

Egg Nog
05-25-2005, 06:19 PM
your awesome man, likeley one of the most lighthearted mods on this forum...what engine does that car use? why is it amidst nissans? :)

Haha, sorry about those few posts I deleted. For some reason I thought you were making a parody of that weird out-of-context post, and then I parody'ed your post ;) - It was for the humour factor. Once I realized you were actually asking me a legitimate question I noticed how weird that must've sounded ;)

The Locus supercar (I posted above) comes with an 8.2 litre big block Chevy engine. Pretty huge engine for such a lightweight car (no official specs, but the frame and body is all carbon fibre).

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-25-2005, 06:22 PM
ok now it makes sense-no i wasnt talking about your other posts (in the question anyways) still, why is it with a bunch of nissans?

ZeTurbo
05-25-2005, 10:31 PM
This is a pretty cool Canadian car.

550hp-1000hp will be available.
holly shit!

where is this thing being made? i want one.. or several...

Acura/subarufan
05-26-2005, 01:05 PM
wow! whats that car called?

Egg Nog
05-26-2005, 07:59 PM
ok now it makes sense-no i wasnt talking about your other posts (in the question anyways) still, why is it with a bunch of nissans?

I don't know. I didn't take the photo. Probably just coincidence - this car has nothing to do with Nissan.

holly shit!

where is this thing being made? i want one.. or several...

It is the "Locus" supercar, in development by Luc Chartrand. It's really close to you - Laval, Québec.

www.locussupercar.com

Oh! I forgot to mention! It's going to be a 3-seater, McLaren F1-style layout!

ZeTurbo
05-26-2005, 10:11 PM
For 250 000$ CAN, this car has a competitive price for the performnce it offers. the engine chassis and style look awsome.

i am going to get a mate of mine to come with me, i have the adress and it barelly 20 mins from my house :D

I'll bring my camera in case i get near that car!

Egg Nog
05-26-2005, 10:46 PM
For 250 000$ CAN, this car has a competitive price for the performnce it offers. the engine chassis and style look awsome.

i am going to get a mate of mine to come with me, i have the adress and it barelly 20 mins from my house :D

I'll bring my camera in case i get near that car!

Wicked! Good luck on finding any information and snapping some photos. Yeah, very awesome price. Not bad considering the 3-seater layout, full carbon fibre body/chassis, and huge power numbers. Costs exactly the same as a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Maybe if you phone in advance, you'll be able to talk to Luc and get a tour or something. The number is (450) 975-9876.

dydzi
05-27-2005, 12:33 PM
remember that castagna t-rex is also canadian.
http://www.go-t-rex.com/
you've also got brookland
http://www.noisette-software.com/brooklands/
and gulf coast vitesse
http://www.vitessesportcar.com/

canadian cars look funny :D

spi-ti-tout
05-27-2005, 01:14 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=brandlist.php&country=Canada