PDA

View Full Version : Forums getting BORING

Misho
01-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Is it just me, or are these forums getting kind of boring ?! It seems that all i have been doing for quite a while now, is participate in the Miscalleneous and Website related threads, kinda like this one !
I can't find car-related threads that just attract me anymore. They all seem to be on the side of cars that i dont really like.
maybe i'm just getting bored or maybe what i just mentioned is true, i dont know for now. i was just wondering if anyone has a similar or opposite experience.
as for now, i think u wil be seeing less of me gradually till i vanish !

Pliz
01-19-2004, 10:59 PM
yes i too have been having the same problem :( so thats why im trying to buy UCP and improve it ;) and if I do buy it, before doing any changes I'll ask what other forum members think of my idea and members will also have a say in the way the forum runs so that will mean members will be happy.

crisis
01-20-2004, 12:07 AM
I have found that there is less of interest to respond to. Maybe banning antagonists is not a good idea. At least they get the conversations going. I found the off topic threads like politics interesting but there is little there now. I find posts of pics and "what do you think of this?" type threads aimless as well as "whats your favorite so and so." I suppose people are just trying to get things going. Mechanixfetchs's census has potential though.

henk4
01-20-2004, 03:10 AM
Misho gave just one of the reasons why I would like to see the comments section to cars being revived. That's a much better place to talk about individual cars than on the forum, which is more about general issues. I am not sure whether the software will allow to go straight from a car on the main page to a corresponding section in the forum but I think it's good way of making people talk about cars.

I know that both Crisis and Misho have been actively involved in the thread about politics, but when nothing spectecular comes about, interest wanes. The unsollicited supply of pictures (just taken from elsewhere on the internet) adds little, unless it's done on special request for a specific car, or if there is a specific story that goes with the car.

Misho
01-20-2004, 08:30 AM
ok , so i am not alone on this one. this means that there is a problem with the forums, at least from 3 senior members' point of view so far.
i do like Henk's suggestion. the user comments on cars is all about the car. there is no i like this or i would buy this if i was rich type comments.
however at the current scheme with the great time lag between submitting a post and actally posting it, it is very hard to have a sort of conversation discussion.
so what else can we do to sort of revive back the forums and keep them car related more than anything else. please post ur thoughts and suggestions and weather u think Crisis, Henk and I are just 3 old farts qith nothing better to do than diss the forums !!
for the time being, all i could do is wait for a huge political issue to take place so that I can go at it with crisis again !! ;)

Matra et Alpine
01-20-2004, 11:19 AM
for the time being, all i could do is wait for a huge political issue to take place so that I can go at it with crisis again !! ;)
or exercise the grey cells and come up with some women driver names and post your enswers over on the other thread. I've decided that if you post a picture of the driver you get extra (virtual) credits.

Batmobile_Turbo
01-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Is it just me, or are these forums getting kind of boring ?! It seems that all i have been doing for quite a while now, is participate in the Miscalleneous and Website related threads, kinda like this one !
I can't find car-related threads that just attract me anymore. They all seem to be on the side of cars that i dont really like.
maybe i'm just getting bored or maybe what i just mentioned is true, i dont know for now. i was just wondering if anyone has a similar or opposite experience.
as for now, i think u wil be seeing less of me gradually till i vanish !
me too, i think they are getting a little boring, when i first came here they were awseme but now......
so then, WHAT HAPPENED???!?!?!!!!?!!!!!?????!

white devil
01-20-2004, 02:22 PM
well actualy i see you r point guy s..............cause i have the same problem

it s just that i am passing my free time on this site .. the boring thing is that some people just post new thread that we have 1000 like them ...for ex

{enzo,black enzo, white enzo, red enzo, yellow enzo , best enzo pics......}
you knw what ta hell is that ... i am having the same problem 2 .... lets think of somthing to make us more interested :confused:

baddabang
01-20-2004, 03:23 PM
i could surley agree with you on those enzo threads. but is there any possible way to get a ucp chat room that way theres always people to talk to instantly :D

Misho
01-20-2004, 06:33 PM
the chat room idea might actually do something in adding to the interest of the forums. although its probably a two sided blade , as it could also turn into a stupid idea.
and i really hope that Wouter and the rest dont think that i am trying to diss the forums or anything, its just that i really like this place and a sort of virtual relationship has developed betmeen me and most of the users. i had so much fun in this place and i really care for it, as i am sure many of us do. and thats the main point of this thread, trying to get it back on track so that all of us could enjo it to the maximum !

Pliz
01-20-2004, 08:56 PM
wouter should get something like bravenet chat, parachat or digi chat, they are very good

mechanixfetch
01-20-2004, 11:30 PM
True the fourms may be slow but they'll pick up, what we need is disgruntled users to come up with interesting threads to do with cars. More dedicated posters would also be a plus.

Batmobile_Turbo
01-21-2004, 11:38 AM
True the fourms may be slow but they'll pick up, what we need is disgruntled users to come up with interesting threads to do with cars. More dedicated posters would also be a plus.
hehe, watch for a semi-controversial thread from me then, it's not just spur of the moment however, i've been thinking of it for a while.

DiabloGTR
01-31-2004, 01:39 AM
The forums are getting boring because of some users who are complete idiots. They just post the same old boring threads over and over again. Like making posts or topics about "which car is best", without providing any valid reasons what so ever.
They are like, "OMG BMW ROX BECAUSE I SAID SO LOLOL" and "FERRARI ROX AND IT'S THE BEST"
:rolleyes:

Falcon500
01-31-2004, 03:17 AM
Welli have noticed too the forums have dropped back recentlythat wouldent be helped by the fact that school in a lot of places in the world would be going back about now (ours went back nearly a week ago) which reallyshrinks numbers.And while the forums may be getting boring im not complaining i have several net based hobbys that keeps me entertained (chat,collecting wrecked skyline pics,reasherch,ebay....) so i rarely get bored when things slow down i just wait for my new email sound to go off.
And i dont mind the idea of a chat either. And somthing i suggested to the other mods is anyone else interested in a sort of a juke box or net based radio becuase as i said cars and music go hand in hand...but does anyone know how we could set somthing like this up (rember this is just an idle queastion to guage intrest amd find out if its hard or not)

lfb666
01-31-2004, 07:54 PM
My English is horrible, but they know that am always making an effort to do the best of this forum. I think the people only think about Ferrari, Porsche or Lamborghini and other interesting cars exist for they be commented.