PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Gaming

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-29-2005, 01:01 PM
i just wanted to know...is it possible to connect PS2's through a wireless connection instesd of LAN? details and please tell howand where i can find the device

car_fiend
05-29-2005, 09:23 PM
i don't think you can connect PS2's through a wireless connection, while PS3 on the other hand will have that feature.

Suka
05-30-2005, 09:07 AM
i just wanted to know...is it possible to connect PS2's through a wireless connection instesd of LAN? details and please tell howand where i can find the device
I bet you could! You wouldn't get much distance. It may be very difficult, i am not sure what devices you would need, but it must be possible.

Matra et Alpine
05-30-2005, 09:34 AM
I bet you could! You wouldn't get much distance. It may be very difficult, i am not sure what devices you would need, but it must be possible.
You can get PLENTY of distance. BUT it's expensive as you need a wirless router on each PS2 :(
It woudl need configured from another port as normally these go look to the host for setup info and vice versa. Edimax have thought all that out and produced one pre-confgured to do the business - http://www.edimax.nl/final/products/datasheets/EW-7206GAb.pdf
BUT again at a high cost :(

matek
05-30-2005, 10:09 AM
thats about right
netgear do a good gaming router to be connected specialy to ps2
so at the internet connection u'll have a wireless router which willl transmit the internet signal.
u can also use this in u have a lan party with ps2's all of u can hook up ps2 togehter and for instance play gt4.

Matra et Alpine
05-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Just remember if someone has a clunky old microwave you'll all lose connection for a while :)

ZemoButts
05-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Xbox360 And Ps3

Suka
05-31-2005, 12:47 AM
You can get PLENTY of distance. BUT it's expensive as you need a wirless router on each PS2 :(
It woudl need configured from another port as normally these go look to the host for setup info and vice versa. Edimax have thought all that out and produced one pre-confgured to do the business - http://www.edimax.nl/final/products/datasheets/EW-7206GAb.pdf
BUT again at a high cost :(
Thats what i thought, when i said, you wouldn't get much distance i meant like you wouldn't be able to play your mate down the road.

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-31-2005, 04:25 AM
oh i mean like from one floor to the floor below and like 7 feet over. ill check it out later

Matra et Alpine
05-31-2005, 05:27 AM
Thats what i thought, when i said, you wouldn't get much distance i meant like you wouldn't be able to play your mate down the road.
You can get up to 200-300metres and with a Pringles tin can extend that to a couple of kms :)

There are new a few extenders availabel for 802.11g as well, but you need to place them in between the ends to get max extension !!