PDA

View Full Version : the past few days

targa
06-08-2005, 08:59 PM
the past few days have been kinda messed up....littered with good and bad

it all started like a week ago, i have full blown allergies this year: nasal congestion, nasal discharge(ha ha), sore throat, cough, sneeze, runny eyes...

tuesday, i was SUPERpsyched about the release of the new White Stripes album Get Behind Me Satan, it was a relativly good day until third period. in chemestry we were doing foolish things with the burners, melting various glass objects, blowing up hydrogen...things of that nature. well, i burned the living hell out of my hand with a pair of glass clamps....hurt like hell, teach didnt have anything but ice to put on it...i didnt learn my lesson, though, i was back on the burners today
------
the past two days, it has been 93ºF+, and my A/C has been on the fritz....humid and hot, in my house...not cool, really
------
afterwards, i went to the store and got Get Behind Me Satan, which is FVCKING AWESOME. even if you arent a fan of their first four albums, this one is ALOT different.....and great, i suggest it be bought as soon as possible

^that was the main thing i wanted to say, but the past few have been really messed up, and this is sapposed to be a great week, cause school gets out tomorrow, two parties afterwards

the first is kind of a "going away" party for four of my best friends, three are going off to college, the other is moving back to Costa Rica, im sad that he's leaving -should enjoy a good smoke with several of my closest friends

the second is ? im not sure what will be going on, the guys throwing it are kind of notorious for being partyers, but i dont know if thats what this will be, or not

most of this holds no relevance to any of you guys, just...

ScionDriver
06-08-2005, 09:30 PM
man its 90 here and humid. I live in a 100 year old house, and we don't have A/c, lived this way for 17 years, it builds character.

Quiggs
06-08-2005, 09:34 PM
It was 90* with 60% humidity. Tomorrow's supposed to be hotter and more humid. And my car's A/C has never worked. (I'm thinking when I do the VR swap I'm just going to take the A/C out... 10% loss is 10% loss...) And I have really bad sunburn on my neck from the carshow on Sunday.

I grew up in a 3rd story apartment with one window air conditioner. It barely worked. You had to lay in front of it to stay lukewarm. Those were the days...

my porsche
06-08-2005, 09:42 PM
its usually 100+ and around 80% humidity here in the summer

i havent been outside really in the last week and a half because i have a horribly viscous case of poison ivy i got from fishing and when i go outside in the heat it makes me super duper itchy, hence why i have had so much time in ucp :)

and my a/c works in the cars and my house

dont you even have a window unit scion?

pimento
06-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Used to hit over 45 Celsius here, now it's just between 35 and 40 and humid.

100F is about 37C, and 32F is 0C

SPHFerrari
06-09-2005, 04:25 AM
i am on allergy medicine so i dont have any symptoms at all. we havent been suing the burners in science and i havent burned myself.

its been high 80s low 90s here and humid, but our air conditioner is keeping it easily at 70.

2 weeks left in school, including exams.

Vaigra
06-09-2005, 05:28 AM
We are lucky to get over 30 degree celsius in the Summer over here..:rolleyes:

shr0olvl
06-09-2005, 12:24 PM
it's usually hot here but for the past few days its been pretty cool and nice out. my house is always cold. we keep the air conditioner at 79 degrees and i keep the fan on high speed in my room and its freezing in there. I can't seem to find the right temp for me :rolleyes: :p

now my computer is lagging and i gotta restart it :rolleyes:

QuattroMan
06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
the past few days have been kinda messed up....littered with good and bad

it all started like a week ago, i have full blown allergies this year: nasal congestion, nasal discharge(ha ha), sore throat, cough, sneeze, runny eyes...

tuesday, i was SUPERpsyched about the release of the new White Stripes album Get Behind Me Satan, it was a relativly good day until third period. in chemestry we were doing foolish things with the burners, melting various glass objects, blowing up hydrogen...things of that nature. well, i burned the living hell out of my hand with a pair of glass clamps....hurt like hell, teach didnt have anything but ice to put on it...i didnt learn my lesson, though, i was back on the burners today
------
the past two days, it has been 93ºF+, and my A/C has been on the fritz....humid and hot, in my house...not cool, really
------
afterwards, i went to the store and got Get Behind Me Satan, which is FVCKING AWESOME. even if you arent a fan of their first four albums, this one is ALOT different.....and great, i suggest it be bought as soon as possible

^that was the main thing i wanted to say, but the past few have been really messed up, and this is sapposed to be a great week, cause school gets out tomorrow, two parties afterwards

the first is kind of a "going away" party for four of my best friends, three are going off to college, the other is moving back to Costa Rica, im sad that he's leaving -should enjoy a good smoke with several of my closest friends

the second is ? im not sure what will be going on, the guys throwing it are kind of notorious for being partyers, but i dont know if thats what this will be, or not

most of this holds no relevance to any of you guys, just...

welcome a board, I have allergies too I take Claritin-D, so far
this is the only thing that works on me...good luck bro..

my porsche
06-09-2005, 05:47 PM
it's usually hot here but for the past few days its been pretty cool and nice out. my house is always cold. we keep the air conditioner at 79 degrees and i keep the fan on high speed in my room and its freezing in there. I can't seem to find the right temp for me :rolleyes: :p

now my computer is lagging and i gotta restart it :rolleyes:
we keep it at 77, i always turn it to about 68 and my dad charges me $5 everytime it is below 77 :p

johnnynumfiv
06-09-2005, 05:52 PM
The weather has been rediculous here for the past few days, it usually hits 100* by the afternoon and it is so friggin humid. I'm glad I have a window A/C, makes sleeping so much better.

CHEESE-TACULAR
06-09-2005, 05:55 PM
shooting for mid 90's here at SI. theis years been one of the worst allergy seasons recorden in history, good thing my mom is an Alergist :D not allowed to turn on my fan because were having central air pit in :cool: it is hell but 3 1/2 years of living in hong kong and vacations to egypt come in handy :)

shr0olvl
06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
we keep it at 77, i always turn it to about 68 and my dad charges me $5 everytime it is below 77 :p

jesus man, 77 degrees :eek:

Im freezing at 79 :o Its probably because my air conditoner was broken for like 2 weeks and we just fixed it. When it was broken it was at a constant 88 degrees. Not bad, just hard to sleep when its that hot. :p

my porsche
06-10-2005, 10:40 AM
man it was like 77 or 75 last night in my room and i was burining i had the ceiling fan on and everything

targa
06-10-2005, 09:25 PM
sorry about posting this and then leaving it hanging, i didnt expect to be out as late as i was last(thursday) night, the last party ended around 11pm, but we hung around and until about 2am, then i crashed at a frends house

the burns dont hurt anymore

THE A/C is FIXED!!!!...and...ugh....you guys must be used to being hot, 75? 77? my ac is set to 63ºF-65ºF all summer, and i get charged if its ever changed from that range....but i like the cold

and my allergies are getting better, i started on Claritin, and theyre all but gone

school is out, but it doesnt feel like it....i think i may have subconciously given up on school a few weeks ago...we have a much shorter summer this year because our school is changing schedules next school year...we start back in the first week of august....i dont really mind except that i will have even less time with the friends that are going to college....have made plans to go see them....when is a ?......

(what that hell is up with the name ?uestlove........?)

but on the bright side, no summer reading projects...last year i had to read a 1100 page biography of John Adams, and The Sound and The Fury....[Faulkner is a genius]....and write three papers on it, a biographical sketch on Faulkner's life and a paper for teh John Adams book

next year is English 111/112 and british lit......damn honors