PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Dorifto

Blue Supra
06-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Thats right. Dorifto in GT4. ive seen it done extremely well in GT3 and now im trying to get my maxed out S15 R spec Silvia to drift.

I need help. Ive tried adjusting the height and spring ratios, toe in and out camber and the whole box and dice and i still cant get it to do anymore then an inertial drift (speed into a corner and let it slide) i cant get it to power over or anything more practical.

What settings do you guys know of/use? ive tried differnt tyres and taking the traction control of but it just smokes up to about mid 3rd gear with it off.

any help heaps appreciated lads:)

SIMPLETON
06-09-2005, 06:11 PM
how much power does it have? You dont need more than 500 or then it will only be out of control. It should be 1100 to 1200 Kgs. Put a little weight on the front. If you drive any of the drift cars in the game youll notice they feel very light in the back. I've heard the best way to do drift is to come up to the turn, quickly turn the wheel the opposite way while braking to screw up the cars balance, then quickly get the wheel turning the right way. That should get it sideways a little bit. Gun the throtle a little bit to get it more sideways. Coutersteer and hold the throttle about 1/2 - 3/4. Dont get crazy with the gas: too much and youll spin; too little and your not going to get that drift you want. Remember that the best drifts come lots of practice.

Rockefella
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
how much power does it have? You dont need more than 500 or then it will only be out of control. It should be 1100 to 1200 Kgs. Put a little weight on the front. If you drive any of the drift cars in the game youll notice they feel very light in the back. I've heard the best way to do drift is to come up to the turn, quickly turn the wheel the opposite way while braking to screw up the cars balance, then quickly get the wheel turning the right way. That should get it sideways a little bit. Gun the throtle a little bit to get it more sideways. Coutersteer and hold the throttle about 1/2 - 3/4. Dont get crazy with the gas: too much and youll spin; too little and your not going to get that drift you want. Remember that the best drifts come lots of practice.
Foto_Choppa posted a nice tut w/ one of his favorite drift cars over on Illu's board, lemme dig it out. BTW, you MUST be driving Manual and MUST have all assists off= (TCS, etc.) Best thing to do is what the post above me says but remember to shift down a gear or two right into the turn to get those wheels spinning.

NM, PS-Garage.com/forum seems to be down...

illusionest
06-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Foto_Choppa posted a nice tut w/ one of his favorite drift cars over on Illu's board, lemme dig it out. BTW, you MUST be driving Manual and MUST have all assists off= (TCS, etc.) Best thing to do is what the post above me says but remember to shift down a gear or two right into the turn to get those wheels spinning.

no its not... :S

its at gran turismo forum, must be u rocke :p

register and u will be able to view it, foto_choppa's drift thread
http://www.ps-garage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108

Rockefella
06-09-2005, 06:52 PM
no its not... :S

its at gran turismo forum, must be u rocke :p

register and u will be able to view it, foto_choppa's drift thread
http://www.ps-garage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108
Illu, I get this:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not open MorpheusXSteelBlue template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 361
File : functions.php

illusionest
06-09-2005, 07:18 PM
crappies

i know why, i guess morpoheus x doesnt work after the big crash
rocke i will change your account to nfsu for now until i can find out why

edit: i found out why, theres a incorrect code in one of my theme files
i will see if i can fix it soon, for now use nfsu.

Blue Supra
06-09-2005, 07:43 PM
ill give those tips a whirl:) thanks heaps guys!

Rockefella
06-09-2005, 07:52 PM
crappies

i know why, i guess morpoheus x doesnt work after the big crash
rocke i will change your account to nfsu for now until i can find out why

edit: i found out why, theres a incorrect code in one of my theme files
i will see if i can fix it soon, for now use nfsu.
THX. BTW, good luck Bluey. :)

NuclearCrap
06-09-2005, 09:22 PM

Not precisely, I drift with a little assists, and do something to the Limited-Slip as well. You don't need a lot of power depending on the course. 400 horses is more than enough. AWD drifting is the best. :D Try the older 2-door Impreza, I forgot what year that one is.

F1_Master
06-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Give GTPlanet.net a go. They have plenty of drift settings to help you out.

Remember to search if possible. :D

Radoman
06-09-2005, 09:36 PM
I've noticed that drifting and smoking the tires up in general is a real hassle and feels unnatural in this game. Ever taken a Chevelle SS with traction off to Gymkhana and tried to do doughnuts?

So, why the hell can't you light 'em up real nice like and fill the entire area with tire smoke?? It just kinda shows a small puff out the wheels and holding the stick just gets you stilted spins that feel unnatural.

Why can't I do crazy-assed burnouts??? Don't they know that this is the best thing to do when your bored with a racing game, load 'er up and light 'em up?? :mad:

fpv_gtho
06-09-2005, 09:50 PM
These are the specs from my 2 best drifting cars:

Blitz ER24 D1 spec 2004

Stage 4 turbo (698hp)

Super Hard Racing Tyres
(front) (rear)
Brakes: 3 24

Driving Aids: 0 (ASM Oversteer) 0 (ASM Understeer) 1 (TCS)

Spring Rate: 5.9 17.3

Ride Height: 100 100

Damper Bound: 4 10

" Rebound: 4 10

Camber Angle: 1.0 0.5

Toe: 0 0

Stabiliser: 2 7

No LSD changes (other that full custom LSD)

HKS Genki Hyper Silvia

Stage 4 turbo (590hp)

Super Hard Racing Tyres

Brakes: 1 24

DA: 0 0 1

Spring Rate: 7 15

Ride Height: 80 80

Damper Bound: 1 10

" Rebound: 1 10

Camber Angle: 1.0 0.5

Toe: 0 0

Stabilisers: 1 7

Max Downforce (13 18)

No LSD changes (other than full custom LSD)

For those settings, i usually just plant it straight into a corner and it powers out itself, then i just try and catch the drift, then hold it. Needs alot of practise, also as you can probably see, to get both cars to drift requires slightly different approaches

my porsche
06-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Why can't I do crazy-assed burnouts??? Don't they know that this is the best thing to do when your bored with a racing game, load 'er up and light 'em up?? :mad:
you can, use a slr with 850 hp and no assists :cool:

SIMPLETON
06-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Try drifting on some of the street courses like New York, because of the low grip surface, wide track, and no runoff it makes it much easier to drift.