PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport 2005

lukeh
06-12-2005, 03:53 AM
What is happening with motorsport next year. I heard Ferrari were linking up with Red Bull and BMW geeting rid of Williams. Post information to what drivers are going were, anything. Does anybody know were Sebastion Loeb goes next year?

drakkie
06-12-2005, 04:01 AM
BMW leaves williams, ferrari supplies engines to Red Bull.

lightweight
06-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Well the rumour mill in F1 is alive and well.
Nothing is certain up to now. No healthy organization will give up all its secrets to the public. What is filtered down to the news (and what we eventually learn and discuss) is just a portion of the actual facts.
It's so funny but we are all speculating on speculations....

The thing is that BMW wanted to have its own F1 team. It will take a lot of time o start from scratch. That's a reason to buy Sauber. They have invested a lot in the past years, but the collaboration with Williams wasn't as fruitful as expected (I'm not blaming BMW or Williams, just stating a fact). So they have to choose between: 1. mediocrity with Williams or 2. start from scratch and have an uncertain future by starting a new team and purchasing Sauber.

OOPS! I just contributed to the rumour mill I bashed in the first paragraph :eek:

lightweight
06-12-2005, 05:22 AM
Well, once again I concluded that you just can't believe the rumours in F1. Frank Williams and Mario Theissen made a joint effort to stop these rumours with a press conference.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=24763

SlickHolden
06-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Williams BMW both have got there bad points.
Williams: Can't get the car right for a few rounds at the start of the season.
BMW: Can't get Straight line speed and lack some torque.

fpv_gtho
06-12-2005, 08:08 AM
What is happening with motorsport next year.

Ambrose is gunna try steer a NASCAR more than one direction thats what :p

Arent Suzuki stepping up their WRC involvement though?

Also, Ford should be starting a full season with the Focus locally in the ARC

lukeh
06-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Citroen and Puegeot are leaving WRC. I would imagine Chris Atkinson will go to Susiki.

lukeh
09-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Barichelo is going to Bar honda, does anybody else know more about where the other F1 drivers will be going next year?

lukeh
09-10-2005, 10:55 AM
BMW leaves williams, ferrari supplies engines to Red Bull.
ferrari will supply all engines to Red Bull? didn't hear that does that mean Red Bull will also run Bridgestones?

fpv_gtho
09-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Red Bull just confirmed another year with Michelin, whilst Williams are definately going to Bridgestone, and Toyota are "still" in advanced talks with them

2ndclasscitizen
09-11-2005, 12:19 AM
I just heard on the news that Red Bull has bought Minardi, and i heard ages ago that BMW was buying Sauber so they would have their own team