PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Photo Comp: Week 8

Rockefella
06-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Congratulations to NuclearCrap!

http://img230.echo.cx/img230/7612/f1drifting5nc.jpg

ญญญญ• Photo must be taken in Gran Turismo 4.
• Photo can not be edited through any other means becides the Photo-lab at the in-game garage.
• Competition will alternate themes. Every odd week is the open comp where all pictures are acceptable, on even weeks the theme will be chosen by the winner of the prior competition. Themes can include: rally, flying cars, cars by brand, tracks, etc.
• Picture MUST be in the format of 800x600 or 600x800 to be acceptable in the competition and to coincide with UltimateCarPage.com's rule regarding inline images.
• Pictures should be no more than 30 days old. This can not be tested so please use the honor system.
• Competition will last one week, beginning on Wednesdays with a vote starting on Tuesday and lasting exactly one day.
• Once a photo is submitted, it is final. No if's and's or but's. (suggestions allowed)
• No late entries are permitted. Photo should be submitted before voting thread is made by yours truly.
• Good luck, may the best member win. :)

We're in week 8, an even week. What theme will you give us Nuclear?

Rockefella
06-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Bump. Nuclear if your there, can you get us started? :)

NuclearCrap
06-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Theme:
Course---Special Stage Route 5
Car---Mazda RX-7 FC (Any except for the the Falken tuner FC)
Modifications---new wheels, no wing, and whatever you wanna do under the hood
Action---drifting

Muahahahahahahaha....................... :D

Quiggs
06-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I can tell already, my picture's going to be 'drifting' right before it gets away from me and I spin out. At least I'll have lots of angle. :)

NuclearCrap
06-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Ok, one more rule then, the photo must show you exiting the corner by drifting and must have smoke seen. Muahahahahaa.........

TheOne
06-15-2005, 09:37 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113222&stc=1

well here's my entry....hope you guys like it.(tho you might not like the rims, i couldn't get it to show as if they were runnin)

twinspark
06-16-2005, 02:11 AM
Damn, a black RX7 with black wheels looks nice but I just realised that you can't see it in there (because it's dark). :(
So I'll have to come up with some another colors...

NuclearCrap
06-16-2005, 04:00 AM
well here's my entry....hope you guys like it.(tho you might not like the rims, i couldn't get it to show as if they were runnin)

I didn't mean to have photos of FCs that look like they're about to crash..............but you can do whatever you want as long as it's in drifting position..............*sighs* :(

Damn, a black RX7 with black wheels looks nice but I just realised that you can't see it in there (because it's dark).
So I'll have to come up with some another colors...

Trust me, a white FC would make you the finest photos :) , but probably not with the gold 3-spoke wheels...............

One more request, can you guys just make your FC look like it's doing an actual drift but not like it's gonna crash or something?

TheOne
06-16-2005, 11:53 AM
hey i wasn't about to crash:(, i was about to steer to the other corner, which was easy since the wheels were allready spinning.(this was i believe in 2nd gear....with little help of nitrous)

oh yeh, me dunno why i chose those wheels, i was gonna choose others, but i first bought those to see the look....then i forgot to buy the other wheels.(then i took the pic....and found out)

Rockefella
06-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Your guidelines are quite anal, but ok. I'll get to work, and come back w/ a masterpiece.

NuclearCrap
06-16-2005, 08:07 PM
hey i wasn't about to crash:(, i was about to steer to the other corner, which was easy since the wheels were allready spinning.(this was i believe in 2nd gear....with little help of nitrous)

oh yeh, me dunno why i chose those wheels, i was gonna choose others, but i first bought those to see the look....then i forgot to buy the other wheels.(then i took the pic....and found out)

Uhhh........I can tell that you steered too much, especially when you're in second gear, plus you don't have enough space to steer right, which you would skid too much and lose control, so even if you didn't crash, you probably did went into a spin or a complete stop. But if you did manage to steer back, you still wouldn't gain enough speed to drift the next corner because it's the corner right after that left that you took. :cool: Try some high speed drifting.

TheOne
06-16-2005, 08:21 PM
oh no i couldn't get the next corner to keep drifting, by that time the drifting was done,lol.

twinspark
06-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Here you go, the best of the few dozens I took.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113488&stc=1

NuclearCrap
06-18-2005, 02:42 AM
oh no i couldn't get the next corner to keep drifting, by that time the drifting was done,lol.
Yeah, it's kinda hard if you don't practice much. I'm gonna post mine as late as I can because some settings need to be perfect before I start photoshooting, this FC is kinda hard to tune to perfection. I donno why I have no problem with F1s at all. I just need to practice on drifting corners like the Corkscrew on Laguna Seca and some other ones with big elevation changes. It's quite hard to time it right so I can have enough space to steer the car back to drift the car in another corner right after one. ;)

twinspark
06-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Have to bump this up, the voting is due to be tomorrow (if Rockefella is on schedule ;) ) and we only have tho pics!

Rockefella
06-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Have to bump this up, the voting is due to be tomorrow (if Rockefella is on schedule ;) ) and we only have tho pics!
I know. Get your damn pictures in fellas. :)

NuclearCrap
06-21-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm so sorry. :o I had to fix the power supply of my computer because I overdid it while gaming.

http://img199.echo.cx/img199/9908/mazdarx7fc2wh.png

Sorry again, I had to make the pic smaller than 800x600 so I could upload. :o

Rockefella
06-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Voting should be in a few hours. I'll go transfer my picture.

Rockefella
06-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Here you go, you guys have a few hours to submit a picture before I setup voting.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113903