PDA

View Full Version : PS3 vs Xbox360

werty
06-18-2005, 05:50 PM
First off, i'd like to start by saying that these specs are not completely official. It looks as though both systems will be worth buying, but in the end it's going to be the PS3 for me. I have been researching the two systems alot and at every credable website i browsed, xbox 360 has more memory, but less of it is dedicated to superb graphics like the PS3.

You can decide on your own. The link shows the specs of both systems side by side.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/xbox360_vs_ps3.asp

these two pictures showing the difference in graphics quality, PS3 owns xbox360

250 GTO
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
360 for me.

werty
06-18-2005, 05:59 PM
360 for me.
care to explain why?

Vaigra
06-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I'd take better graphics over most other features.
PS3 for me.

GT F1
06-18-2005, 06:08 PM
PS3, better hardware, better games (expect for halo), and looks better.

Spastik_Roach
06-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Ps3 Thank you..

car_fiend
06-18-2005, 07:07 PM
i'd have to say 360 for the reason that the console can do more (download movies, music, tv, etc.), as well as the controller is much better than the ps3's.

blackcat77
06-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm planning to get the 360 for the same reason that the poster listed above -- it does more things than just games. It will be nice to be able to access all the stuff on my computer with the entertainment system.

deffenbaugh03
06-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I would like a the PS3 because well for one, i'm gonna need to buy Gran Turismo 5 and 6 and how ever many they come out with before their new system. Another reason being that i want better graphics, i don't care about this media center feature on the 360.

NuclearCrap
06-18-2005, 07:59 PM
PS3 is better. The Cell Processor definitely owns the X360, plus it can connect up to 7 Bluetooth controllers, avoiding the use of multi-tap. PS3 has better graphics and games too, that's for sure. I never liked the X360.

Wolf03
06-18-2005, 08:02 PM
PS3, no doubt. Microsoft is a crappy company. Gates has no idea what he's doing. Sony has had a lot of experience with consoles and Microsoft knows sh**.

Yes, I really hate Microsoft and will never support their products.
Note that even though I am using Microsoft products, I never paid for them and never will.

Blitz_
06-18-2005, 08:32 PM
hell yes, this is where i now step in. Following gamespot's feature, where there were analysis figures comparing poth the PS3 and the xbox360, i can say that the two consoles are very close when you consider specifications ( technical of course ) Why is that?

Let me start of by saying that Sony isn't the greatest corporation in the world. When you look at their track record for manufacturing reliance and promises to the public, i can personally say that they are not a company to be trusted to the fullest degree. What i am basically saying is that don't take what they say as the gospel.

Take Pre-release PS2, Sony went out of thier way to promote the console with specs and the new engine in which the console was based around. They promised so much and sure as hell, the public bought it. When the PS2 was released, it was a great console, probably one of teh greatest, but they did leave out a plethora of features in which they promised and technical specs were also different from what they had said.

This is the same situation with the PS3. Sony has done the public in again with the new promotion war with this blatant act of throwing wild numbers and specs into the air to make it seem more powerful than its competitors. Why? Well, bullshit the public and get away with it once, why not do it again. I hope that a member here with technical knowledge can back me up because i was reading teh specs of teh PS3 and i realised that alot of those numbers meant absaloutely nothing when you consider the grahpics components of a console. The numbers were there because they were quite a big number and internet browsers would be like "omg!! w00t 2390483 something, thats l33t'

But this is no sony bashing time, Microsoft are well known to do exactly the same, i just see Sony's as being much worse. Tv's, audio, video products, you name it, sony has let me and millions of others down with their shit heap products.

Well, lets move on shall we.

The Cell Processor is not as powerful as one may think. This is partially due to the way the power is divided amongst several processes that needs to undergo. The complex Cell has a greater degree of difficulty to work and program with for game developers, meaning that in the end, games can be produced and released faster for the xbox360. The graphical element is the same case. Xbox 360's 3cores is also blindingly fast and very very close to the Cell, and as pointed out by Gamespot's handy feature comparing the two in technical aspects, it is actaully better than the PS3 in several areas. I'd even go as far as saying Sony's overated Cell isn't as good as the Xbox360's xenon.

Side by side comparions mean shit to me actaully. The "1.8 teraflops" is indeed most definetely bogus and supports my theory that the two are very close.

Online is where the battle is to be one. Today's changing society is leaning towards the online environment and personally i think Microsoft has got this aspect won before the lights have even gone green. Why may you ask? Microsoft's long experience and professionalism with networking and online gaming and social community has Sony left for dead. With the new features that teh xbox360, i find it extremely difficult for the Sony boys down in Japan to tackle the MS giants on their home turf.

First person shooters. We all love them, dont lie :D They are a staple diet for millions of war mongering wannabe's all over the world, and thus i have to say that this is another aspect of the console war in which MS has a clear advantage. Perfect Dark 0, Halo 3, Gears of War, etc etc etc, developers are jumping on board the MS wagon, whether they be first or third party, and the FPS are going to be flooding. I must say, that with the controller staying almost the same, and the ps3 gone disgustingly awful, FPS will still remain suited to the xbox when you look at consoles.

RPG's are also hugely popular in the world, well more so in japan and other asian nations, and with Square Enix siging with MS, it looks like a bright future for RPG for the xbox360.

NuclearCrap, your comments about better games is certainly light considering you have no proof to back up your far fetched claim. There are fabulous games on all consoles and the three have thier little niche in the market. PS3 and XBOX360 launch date games list are impressive i must say and i can't exactly say which looks better, but with the news of perfect dark 0, made by the fabulous rare, I have to tip my hat to the 360.

Lol you've never liked the 360? it hasn't even been released yet, only pictures and specs, can't say that i like the george foreman grille, erm ps3 either, but then again that too hasn't been released.

Well that's enough from me, have a good1 pplz.

Oh and beware the dark horse, Nintendo still has a few tricks up thier sleeves.

Blitz_
06-18-2005, 08:33 PM
PS3, no doubt. Microsoft is a crappy company. Gates has no idea what he's doing. Sony has had a lot of experience with consoles and Microsoft knows sh**.

Yes, I really hate Microsoft and will never support their products.
Note that even though I am using Microsoft products, I never paid for them and never will.

Yes, Gates has no idea what he is doing at all, and he's the richest man in the world. Erm, makes sense..i think :confused:

Spastik_Roach
06-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Let me start of by saying that Sony isn't the greatest corporation in the world. When you look at their track record for manufacturing reliance and promises to the public, i can personally say that they are not a company to be trusted to the fullest degree. What i am basically saying is that don't take what they say as the gospel.

Take Pre-release PS2, Sony went out of thier way to promote the console with specs and the new engine in which the console was based around. They promised so much and sure as hell, the public bought it. When the PS2 was released, it was a great console, probably one of teh greatest, but they did leave out a plethora of features in which they promised and technical specs were also different from what they had said.

This is the same situation with the PS3. Sony has done the public in again with the new promotion war with this blatant act of throwing wild numbers and specs into the air to make it seem more powerful than its competitors. Why? Well, bullshit the public and get away with it once, why not do it again. I hope that a member here with technical knowledge can back me up because i was reading teh specs of teh PS3 and i realised that alot of those numbers meant absaloutely nothing when you consider the grahpics components of a console. The numbers were there because they were quite a big number and internet browsers would be like "omg!! w00t 2390483 something, thats l33t'

But this is no sony bashing time, Microsoft are well known to do exactly the same, i just see Sony's as being much worse. Tv's, audio, video products, you name it, sony has let me and millions of others down with their shit heap products.

I think your Sony Bashing is a little far fetched, I have 3 Sony products (Cellphone, CD Walkman, and a 29" Triniton Telly) .

None of these in the 1-3 years i've owned them have ever broken down, let me down or anything.

I also have friends and relatives with Sony products and its been smooth sailing for them aswell.

targa
06-18-2005, 09:35 PM
PS3, no doubt. Microsoft is a crappy company.yeah, they fail at everything, especially making the most popular operating system in the world.....they really fail at that

as to the question, i own a PS3 and and XBox 360, and i will opt for an Atari 2600 instead

KeRmIt
06-18-2005, 09:35 PM
looking through the specs i cant really see a big difference between the two
but im leaning towards the PS3 ... 7 wireless controllers wooohooo ! and then it mentions 6 usb ports ? thats another 6 controllers or something ?
The graphics are supported by Nvidia on the PS3 ive always favoured Nvidia over ATI
as for the memory i guess the PS3 has been beaten on this factor but not by much i dont think. newaii i wont be buying neither for at least a year after release or something they will be worth mroe then a gran when they first come out NO THANKS ! i mite get a stolen one somehow :D shhhhhh dont tell anybody

clutch-monkey
06-18-2005, 11:16 PM
xbox 360, because i prefer forza to GT4, and all the reasons blitz posted. plus the ps2/3 controller sucks ass unless you've grown up on it, the joysticks are almost unusable for me, nowhere near as precise as xbox controllers joystick. also cause i like FPS games

dul
06-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Xbox 360 for me, because PGR3 and Forza 2 is comming out and the ps don't have any good racing games on it. And Halo3 will come on the xbox first(before pc) :D

johnnyperl
06-19-2005, 12:21 AM
Xbox 360 for me, because PGR3 and Forza 2 is comming out and the ps don't have any good racing games on it. And Halo3 will come on the xbox first(before pc) :D
Sony unfortunatly owns the license to F1.

i prefer the xbox over PS2 since it is clearly superior (games/graphics/online/controler) but im still undecided on the next gen. i bought a PSP (enough for now) and wont have any time or money over the next year anyway so i dont care :D
i just hope those F**ks at sony dont decide to keep F1 GP and WRC for the PSP out of the US, im close to selling the damn thing anyway.

APoCaLiPs_30SDC
06-19-2005, 01:12 AM
i dunno why everybody is stucc on PlayStation. PlayStation is a regular ass game system, they never woulda came up wit the shit for PS3 if Xbox aint become the first actual computer-like game console. all their shit is based off improving to try to beat Xbox. Xbox is made by Microsoft.....MICROSOFT!!! dont they be building shit for NASA an' shit...?? do you REALLY think a technology powerhouse like Microsoft is gonna make worse shit than.....Sony?? come on now, people say PlayStation cuz they cant afford a fuccin Xbox, everybody knows damn-well Xbox is a better game console.

Xbox 360 is my next purchase. PS3 aint gone be on my list.

Blitz_
06-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Yes i do agree that my statement tended slightly towards sony bashing because i didn't highlight microsoft's problems, but MS certainly does not fail at everything, i am confident to say that i would rather own a microsoft product than a sony product. About 2 or 3 of my friends whom own a PS2 have complained about the disc drive being jammed or malfunctioning, this same problem occuring all over the world.

@ targa, well i suppose that if people know that MS fail at everything, then why do they still have to most operating system? Imo they are reliable, i've never had troubles with XP, installed Linux and all hell broke after a while.

lmfao @ targa, atari kicks ass :D

EDIT: yer, sony is a bit cheapo in some aspects, in terms of car sound systems, there the lowest of the low when you don't consider the generic brands that nobody buys.

EDIT2: USB drives aren't related to controller connections, lol pretty freaky having something like 13 controllers, but im expecting that you can upload pics and video's through your usb cards and what not. Funny thing is that the SONY PSP can connect to the XBOX360 :)

F1_Master
06-19-2005, 03:09 AM
Both.

Not because one has better graphics or one is has "OMG! Teh (insert here) has teh awesome power!"

Because each has games coming out for it I want. I really can't give a sh*t if the other one can handle all sorts of sh*t or the other one isn't known for great quality.

I just want them to play the games. Not study everything about them in tech.s and then go online and argue with some d*mn idiot fanboys who can't stfu.

Not meant towards anyone here.

spi-ti-tout
06-19-2005, 04:34 AM
PS3. Always been a supporter of the PS series. They've lived up to their name and hopefully will now aswell. I can't bloody wait for GT5 and GT6 if the graphics are that ace. We'll just have to see though, because, like werty mentioned, the specs aren't official yet. No use squibble-squabbling like the Evo vs STi (and don't anybody mention that now!) over stuff we don't know yet. Blitz_ man, I have lotsa Sony stuff that haven't failed in years so don't start going over to the bashing jus' yet. Who knows? I'm saying PS3 right now 'cause I hate the green of the 'box but what if I end up buying it anyways, for whatever reasons? C'mon guys, grow up.

Oh and Atari kicks ass.....yeah :D

andy.muc
06-19-2005, 04:36 AM
i dunno why everybody is stucc on PlayStation. PlayStation is a regular ass game system, they never woulda came up wit the shit for PS3 if Xbox aint become the first actual computer-like game console. all their shit is based off improving to try to beat Xbox. Xbox is made by Microsoft.....MICROSOFT!!! dont they be building shit for NASA an' shit...?? do you REALLY think a technology powerhouse like Microsoft is gonna make worse shit than.....Sony?? come on now, people say PlayStation cuz they cant afford a fuccin Xbox, everybody knows damn-well Xbox is a better game console.

Damn boy. You can curse! But you're still talking shit!

Niko_Fx
06-19-2005, 06:13 AM
Damn boy. You can curse! But you're still talking shit!

I agree and I suggest he starts typing like a regular person.

Both consoles are awesome, but I'm getting a PS3 (Or my little brother for that matter)

GT F1
06-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Will you have to buy a memory card for the PS3?

ZemoButts
06-19-2005, 07:50 AM
yo u should add a poll to this thread

Wolf03
06-19-2005, 08:27 AM
yeah, they fail at everything, especially making the most popular operating system in the world.....they really fail at that

as to the question, i own a PS3 and and XBox 360, and i will opt for an Atari 2600 instead

Did I say they failed? Huh??? Where the hell did I say that? I said they are crappy because they make poor-quality software. Windows is bullsh**. It has too many problems, bugs and it is easily hackable (for experts).

And I quote:
"The M$ OS crashes completely on it's own. Why should Windows crash due to modifying an Office key (Office wasn't even open)? Why should it crash if a small part of the filesystem is damaged because of nothing you did (check Stop: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME). A simple tool called chkdsk fixes it but M$ basically says you need to reinstall. It doesn't take an idiot to crash Windows...it does a fine job completely on it's own.

The point of this is that a good, stable OS should allow users to pretty much do anything except like taking a sledgehammer to it without it crashing. Why are we just accepting that M$ Windiws XP is "pretty good"? Maybe because the others were so horrible that it's good by comparison. I've hardly ever crashed Linux and I've done some prettty funky things to try to crash it. Other than intentional modification of system/boot files or bad hardware, I haven't been able to crash it yet.

M$ needs to get off their butt and make a rock-solid OS. No more crashing for no reason (I got a BSOD the other day because my cable modem lost the Internet..caused a an IRQ fault appearently). No crashing over simple changes that have nothing to do with the OS. No security flaws that enable somebody to have complete control over your computer over the Internet (they have like 2 each week that require patches to fix).

One more note...Microsoft didn't truly create Windows 95. It stole Apple's codename "Chicago" OS and then sold it to IBM before he even had a single copy of Windows 95. Look up the old Windows 95 .inf files...they even refer to the OS being called Chicago."

The only reason they are rich is because:
1. Stupid people actually buy the products
2. Companies have no choice but use Windows products

Well, whatever console you may want, I'll stick with my trusty computer with real facts. No teraflops jibberish.

Vindesh17
06-19-2005, 08:31 AM
I will be buying both seeing as I also have PS2 and XBOX. I love them both equally.

NuclearCrap
06-19-2005, 09:31 AM
NuclearCrap, your comments about better games is certainly light considering you have no proof to back up your far fetched claim. There are fabulous games on all consoles and the three have thier little niche in the market. PS3 and XBOX360 launch date games list are impressive i must say and i can't exactly say which looks better, but with the news of perfect dark 0, made by the fabulous rare, I have to tip my hat to the 360.

Ask your friends and neighbors for proof. More and more people are tipping towards simulation games, and Sony did it. They currently have simulations for almost every category and has more games to keep the public interested. Most of Xbox's games are "unreal" as in "not existing in real life", and even the small number of Xbox's simulation games couldn't beat PS2's, for example, Forza vs. GT4. Xbox's sequel games are even more disappointing, they're basically updates for the previous games. On the other side, most PS2's sequel games evolve each time so people won't get bored so easily. Ever since the PS, Sony had earned gamers' trusts around the world. Same goes for the next generation, PS3 and X360 are almost exactly the same in specs, but the first Xbox didn't earn as much of the public's trust as PS2 did, for example, Halo 2 didn't impress much people as everyone looked at it as an update for the first Halo, and not much changes had been made. But look at the difference between GT3 and GT4, GT4 had impressed so many people because of evolution, not just simple changes. Even if Gates is gonna launch Halo 3 on PS3 release, only few would be convinced because of the small amount of trust that had been earned previously. Sony also sponsor a lot of different activities such as Le Mans, adding more fame to it's brand as Microsoft does with their computer softwares. If you seen the night part of Le Mans you should see a little build flashing lights in it near the pit exit, that was the "PlayStation party".

NuclearCrap
06-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Will you have to buy a memory card for the PS3?

Uhhh.....how about start using some compact Memory Sticks that have more storage? PS3 is gonna be using that. :) Memory Sticks are so useful, I can put a movie in my 2 Gb Memory Stick. :D

xbox 360, because i prefer forza to GT4, and all the reasons blitz posted. plus the ps2/3 controller sucks ass unless you've grown up on it, the joysticks are almost unusable for me, nowhere near as precise as xbox controllers joystick. also cause i like FPS games

FPS are best with keyboard and mouse, they should make a Bluetooth version of those for both systems, Lol. :D

Esperante
06-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Project Gotham 3 has been announed (with some very vague footage, but in game footage nonetheless[of New York]) and it looks like........God. xBox 360 for me.

Oh, and whoever thinks GT4 is the best racing game ever, clearly never played Forza. The difference is incredible.

dul
06-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh, and whoever thinks GT4 is the best racing game ever, clearly never played Forza. The difference is incredible.

That's so correct. ;) But I still think PGR2 is the best racing game out now.

car_fiend
06-19-2005, 10:42 AM
looking through the specs i cant really see a big difference between the two
but im leaning towards the PS3 ... 7 wireless controllers wooohooo ! and then it mentions 6 usb ports ? thats another 6 controllers or something ?
The graphics are supported by Nvidia on the PS3 ive always favoured Nvidia over ATI
as for the memory i guess the PS3 has been beaten on this factor but not by much i dont think. newaii i wont be buying neither for at least a year after release or something they will be worth mroe then a gran when they first come out NO THANKS ! i mite get a stolen one somehow :D shhhhhh dont tell anybody

um... yeah, so what if you can get 7 wireless boomerangs, i mean controllers hooked up to the PS3, is the PS3 capable of having a 50 PLAYER!!!! online multiplayer game. ... no, i didn't think so. and still, the fact remains as stated before, if it hadn't been for MS coming out with xbox, leading upto the 360, PS3 wouldn't have changed much from what PS2 was.

F1_Master
06-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Project Gotham 3 has been announed (with some very vague footage, but in game footage nonetheless[of New York]) and it looks like........God. xBox 360 for me.

And whoever thinks Forza is the best racing game ever, clearly hasn't played enough racing games. Same goes for GT4.

F1_Master
06-19-2005, 10:55 AM

Everybody knows d*mn well your Xbox fanboy.

Esperante
06-19-2005, 10:57 AM
And whoever thinks Forza is the best racing game ever, clearly hasn't played enough racing games. Same goes for GT4.
Definately, but I was severely dissapointed upon playing the over-hyped GT4. ;)

250 GTO
06-19-2005, 04:25 PM
care to explain why?

I already have Xbox games and I have trouble with the Play stations controlls

GT F1
06-19-2005, 04:28 PM
um... yeah, so what if you can get 7 wireless boomerangs, i mean controllers hooked up to the PS3, is the PS3 capable of having a 50 PLAYER!!!! online multiplayer game. ... no, i didn't think so. and still, the fact remains as stated before, if it hadn't been for MS coming out with xbox, leading upto the 360, PS3 wouldn't have changed much from what PS2 was.
You can play online multiplayer in ps3, I don't know up to how many players though.

werty
06-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I love how all the halo fanboys have said the ps3 controller sucks....even though none of them have actually held one, or seen one in person.

Give it up, the only thing Microsoft has ever done right was halo, and its not even that spectacular of a game.

ZemoButts
06-19-2005, 07:35 PM
ps3 controller looks like 2 dildos attached to each, when the PS3 comes out they will be useing the controller in porno movies insted the dildos

werty
06-19-2005, 07:37 PM
ps3 controller looks like 2 dildos attached to each, when the PS3 comes out they will be useing the controller in porno movies insted the dildos
i rest my case ;)

F1_Master
06-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Definately, but I was severely dissapointed upon playing the over-hyped GT4. ;)
I know, but I enjoy it.

Halo2...god, the game was ruined before it wasn't even 2 months from release. :mad:

Now, I'm 25/100% chance that'll I'll get Halo 3. My 360 will definately be for PGR3, and Test Drive Unlimited.

Niko_Fx
06-19-2005, 07:44 PM

WTH is up with you and sex mate? Remember these posts?

my penis has shrunk from too much masterbation can anyone help me??

got milk? got porn?

+ We all know what your nick is all about.

Chinky_boi
06-19-2005, 08:12 PM
People should not judge the consoles yet. Both have not came out yet and you people are talking about it like you know everything about it.

clutch-monkey
06-19-2005, 08:36 PM
there is an easy solution to this.... if your like me and will probably get an xbox 360, chances are a close freind will get a PS3, problem solved, you can play/test both consoles. i'm not gonna buy one straight away, i'll probably wait for the big price drop, and i'll still look at a revolution on the side. but hey, if i see a 2nd hand PS3 for cheap i'm not gonna say no.

ZemoButts
06-20-2005, 11:16 AM
WTH is up with you and sex mate? Remember these posts?

+ We all know what your nick is all about.

i think i might have a problem

Acura/subarufan
06-20-2005, 12:56 PM
go sony go sony! (ahem) ps3 for me
btw i played both forza and gt4 and gt4 is way more fun. in the menu the cars in forza look like they are from a cartoon or somthing

VtecMini
06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
People should not judge the consoles yet. Both have not came out yet and you people are talking about it like you know everything about it.My sentiments exactly. I fail to see the point in debating something that hasn't happened yet. They'll both be very good, not doubt, I'll pick one after they've been out for a while. Or buy both, I did that this time and regretted it, I barely ever use my PS2 and when I do, I'm playing GT4.

matek
06-20-2005, 02:43 PM
we're all car lovers here but u have to admite that 4 grand turismo gettin slightly on the boring side so the 360 will have a better version of forza, 360 being microsoft will have every car manufacture and more tracks.

ps3 will be better technically. but xbox live is alot better than the playstation version .

so id be forced to get both. :D

werty
06-20-2005, 03:31 PM
so id be forced to get both. :D
I plan to buy all three, when they come out. Why not :D :)

matek
06-20-2005, 04:42 PM
duno nintendo games dont really apeal to me any more,
they used to be more apealling back in the day :rolleyes:

carlover
06-20-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm waiting until the price goes down though it will probably come down to PS3. The graphics are ten times better and they have much better games.

The PS3 controller is a CONCEPT. Don't freak out. It's not really gonna be like that. :rolleyes:

ZemoButts
06-20-2005, 06:02 PM
i think im addicted to porn

Blitz_
06-20-2005, 08:07 PM
The graphics are ten times better

lol sony fanboys....

aNOBLEman
06-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Did I say they failed? Huh??? Where the hell did I say that? I said they are crappy because they make poor-quality software. Windows is bullsh**. It has too many problems, bugs and it is easily hackable (for experts).

And I quote:
"The M$ OS crashes completely on it's own. Why should Windows crash due to modifying an Office key (Office wasn't even open)? Why should it crash if a small part of the filesystem is damaged because of nothing you did (check Stop: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME). A simple tool called chkdsk fixes it but M$ basically says you need to reinstall. It doesn't take an idiot to crash Windows...it does a fine job completely on it's own.

The point of this is that a good, stable OS should allow users to pretty much do anything except like taking a sledgehammer to it without it crashing. Why are we just accepting that M$ Windiws XP is "pretty good"? Maybe because the others were so horrible that it's good by comparison. I've hardly ever crashed Linux and I've done some prettty funky things to try to crash it. Other than intentional modification of system/boot files or bad hardware, I haven't been able to crash it yet.

M$ needs to get off their butt and make a rock-solid OS. No more crashing for no reason (I got a BSOD the other day because my cable modem lost the Internet..caused a an IRQ fault appearently). No crashing over simple changes that have nothing to do with the OS. No security flaws that enable somebody to have complete control over your computer over the Internet (they have like 2 each week that require patches to fix).

One more note...Microsoft didn't truly create Windows 95. It stole Apple's codename "Chicago" OS and then sold it to IBM before he even had a single copy of Windows 95. Look up the old Windows 95 .inf files...they even refer to the OS being called Chicago."

Well, whatever console you may want, I'll stick with my trusty computer with real facts. No teraflops jibberish.

Actually my almost 10 year old computer...with Windows 98...hasn't crashed once.

targa
06-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Actually my almost 10 year old computer...with Windows 98...hasn't crashed once.my six year old mac crashed like 17 times when it had 9.2 on it, that goes to show that nothing is perfect

it hasnt crashed once since i put osx on it though

targa
06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
so anyone who buys a computer with a microsoft operating system is basically a jackass? guess what Sony uses...and they undoubtedly bought it as to not be sued

and i dont know the laws up there in communist canada, but here in america we have these things called anti-trust laws, so companies have every choice on everything they use, if someone wants to use what you consider inferior systems, so be it

i would but a microsoft system just out of spite of someone like you

GT F1
06-20-2005, 10:01 PM
A lot of companies are buying Windows products AND Linux products.

Blitz_
06-21-2005, 04:54 AM
i would but a microsoft system just out of spite of someone like you

owned :D

cuntukimushroom
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
PS3 for me, I saw a prototype version of it.... and it was a TOASTER

ZemoButts
06-21-2005, 03:59 PM
u kno graphics arent everything in a game, xbox has way more interractive featuers than the PS3 in the X360 version of XBL u can send voice messages to ppl and it will work with MSN

targa
06-21-2005, 09:38 PM
u kno graphics arent everything in a game, xbox has way more interractive featuers than the PS3 in the X360 version of XBL u can send voice messages to ppl and it will work with MSNyou know you can spell u with a y and o too

now you know

2ndclasscitizen
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
The specs are basically the same. PS3 has a better CPU, 360 has a better graphics chip. And it seems to me that PS3 games aren't gonna be taking real advantage of all that stuff for a while. Most of the CPU/RAM hardware is new and the developers won't know the limits of it XBOX for me though. What is the point of three Ethernet ports, when one is input and two are output? Don't network ports work in both directions?

ZemoButts
06-22-2005, 09:50 AM
you know you can spell u with a y and o too

now you know

really i would have never figured that out, thnx for the help a$$h01e

targa
06-22-2005, 10:04 AM
really i would have never figured that out, thanks for the help, a$$h01easshole isn't filteres

Suka
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
really i would have never figured that out, thnx for the help a$$h01e
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smiliegenerator/ablage/133/139.png

ZemoButts
06-22-2005, 02:56 PM
is there a smilely for everything

Suka
06-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Ha ha, im my case....yes.

ZemoButts
06-23-2005, 06:44 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smiliegenerator/vorschau/20629.png

Blitz_
06-23-2005, 07:59 AM
rofl, damn this thread is going of course :D

targa
06-23-2005, 08:10 AM
rofl, damn this thread is going of course :Dyes, its coming along nicely

Ferg
06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smiliegenerator/ablage/133/269.png

targa
06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
http://img281.echo.cx/img281/4534/sign9uk.png

carlover
06-23-2005, 11:08 AM
lol sony fanboys....
I have a gamecube right now.

BTW have you seen the killzone trailier?

carlover
06-23-2005, 11:10 AM
u kno graphics arent everything in a game, xbox has way more interractive featuers than the PS3 in the X360 version of XBL u can send voice messages to ppl and it will work with MSN
So then why don't you just use a ... computer? You know, buy a webcam and use AIM or something? It's the same thing. :rolleyes:

Blitz_
06-24-2005, 01:38 AM
yes i have seen the killzone trailer, it looks great, but hey its a CGI movie and is a slice of what the developers are hoping to achieve. Lol so it is not gameplay at all, but it was a good clip.

danno
06-24-2005, 07:02 AM
So then why don't you just use a ... computer? You know, buy a webcam and use AIM or something? It's the same thing. :rolleyes:

computer = $2500AU
Xbox 360 = $500-600AU (probably)

hmmmm.............

PC = 3.4ghz x 1
Xbox 360 = 3.2ghz x 3
PC = ATI X850XT (probably the best out there atm)
Xbox 360 = ATI R500 (ATI's next card for pc is R250, then R520 or R600 which will be equivalent of R500)

double hmmmmm...............

now, if you were to ask me, i would say that the 360 is slightly better value eh?

oh, also i forgot the fact that you can download mp3s, movies, music, pictures, etc. pretty much anything from your PC/Internet and stick it on the hard drive.

same thing goes for ps3. = better value than pc.

danno
06-24-2005, 07:05 AM
go sony go sony! (ahem) ps3 for me
btw i played both forza and gt4 and gt4 is way more fun. in the menu the cars in forza look like they are from a cartoon or somthing

dunno about you, but i prefer to spend my time racing (shock horror!!) than looking at the cars in the menu..... :p

danno
06-24-2005, 07:10 AM
Ask your friends and neighbors for proof. More and more people are tipping towards simulation games, and Sony did it. They currently have simulations for almost every category and has more games to keep the public interested. Most of Xbox's games are "unreal" as in "not existing in real life", and even the small number of Xbox's simulation games couldn't beat PS2's, for example, Forza vs. GT4. Xbox's sequel games are even more disappointing, they're basically updates for the previous games. On the other side, most PS2's sequel games evolve each time so people won't get bored so easily. Ever since the PS, Sony had earned gamers' trusts around the world. Same goes for the next generation, PS3 and X360 are almost exactly the same in specs, but the first Xbox didn't earn as much of the public's trust as PS2 did, for example, Halo 2 didn't impress much people as everyone looked at it as an update for the first Halo, and not much changes had been made. But look at the difference between GT3 and GT4, GT4 had impressed so many people because of evolution, not just simple changes. Even if Gates is gonna launch Halo 3 on PS3 release, only few would be convinced because of the small amount of trust that had been earned previously. Sony also sponsor a lot of different activities such as Le Mans, adding more fame to it's brand as Microsoft does with their computer softwares. If you seen the night part of Le Mans you should see a little build flashing lights in it near the pit exit, that was the "PlayStation party".

heres a suggestion. visit an xbox forum before wasting your time on big posts.

also, i thought GT4 was pretty much GT3 with better graphics/more cars and tracks, but then thats just me. (i still enjoy it though)

littlestinger21
07-19-2005, 12:53 AM
First off, i'd like to start by saying that these specs are not completely official. It looks as though both systems will be worth buying, but in the end it's going to be the PS3 for me. I have been researching the two systems alot and at every credable website i browsed, xbox 360 has more memory, but less of it is dedicated to superb graphics like the PS3.

You can decide on your own. The link shows the specs of both systems side by side.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/xbox360_vs_ps3.asp

these two pictures showing the difference in graphics quality, PS3 owns xbox360
ps3 wont win, xbox360 will caz look.. Video RAM Up to 512 MB GDDR3 system RAM (700 MHz) plus 10 MB embedded DRAM frame buffer 256MB GDDR3 (700MHz) ps3 less ram only 256.you can do more with 512.and come on how can u say people didnt like halo 2.every one bought it the first day it came out.and every one playes it on line still after all this time and ps3 will suck on tiger woods caz of joy stick placement.xbox much easyer.and i think halo will out sell ps3 caz ps3 will be up there in money,and people love halo.and win 400,000 people own xbox360 no one will have money for ps3.i dont think they will have 400,000 made to sell of ps3 right off the bat.so that why i think a game will beat ps3

Blitz_
07-19-2005, 01:28 AM
erm, ur argument has more holes than a golf course, firstly, get your real specs rite boy, even though i bat for the 360 team, the ps3 uses its technical prowress in different areas and when they do come out, both consoles will be very similar. And no, a game will not outsell a console you smacktard, it is not possible. And price? well remember the price of both the xbox and ps2 when they came out, and the number of people who bought them? go figure.

2ndclasscitizen
07-19-2005, 02:10 AM
developers are complaining that on both systems they can't take advantage of either systems amazing tech. leaps, because they either don't actually need to, or don't know how

Matra et Alpine
07-19-2005, 02:55 AM
developers are complaining that on both systems they can't take advantage of either systems amazing tech. leaps, because they either don't actually need to, or don't know how
You got a reference for that ?

The developers shoudl not HAVE to get "down and dirty" with the technology on the Xbox. The MS "vision" is everything is in DirectX and develoeprs just make calls to get it do the rendering. Sony have LONG had the problem that without such a rich library there developers all have to get "dirty" programming the guts fo the hardware. It means they can get more OUT of the h/w but it takes them a long time to learn how :( If Sony still expect develoeprs to do all the 'smarts' rather than a decent OS and libraries then it will be slow uptake and that might lose it the fight against the Xbox360 :(

Alastor
07-19-2005, 05:11 AM
You got a reference for that ?

The developers shoudl not HAVE to get "down and dirty" with the technology on the Xbox. The MS "vision" is everything is in DirectX and develoeprs just make calls to get it do the rendering. Sony have LONG had the problem that without such a rich library there developers all have to get "dirty" programming the guts fo the hardware. It means they can get more OUT of the h/w but it takes them a long time to learn how :( If Sony still expect develoeprs to do all the 'smarts' rather than a decent OS and libraries then it will be slow uptake and that might lose it the fight against the Xbox360 :(

I do not know about the previous posters comment in regards to not being able to take advantage of the new technology.

But here is a article about the fact that new CPUs are not exactly what developers expected:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.sony-playstation2/msg/62ff83d96ea78ea9?hl=en

As a result, both the Xbox 360 and PS3 will represent about a 2x improvement in performance with respect to the previous models. Obviously, a 200% improvement is great but hardly the earth shatter performance many people are expecting.

quattro_20v
07-19-2005, 05:15 AM
I always hear ppl say the graphics on consoles are so 'great'... my opinion is still that graphics on consoles look vague and ugly... no matter what kind of hardware is in there, so I will always prefer a pc above both. And ever tried a shooter with a gamepad? it sux...

danno
07-19-2005, 05:51 AM
I always hear ppl say the graphics on consoles are so 'great'... my opinion is still that graphics on consoles look vague and ugly... no matter what kind of hardware is in there, so I will always prefer a pc above both. And ever tried a shooter with a gamepad? it sux...

graphics on xbox were very good when it came out. you shoulda checked out halo and dead or alive 3.

now they look crappy compared to pc cause pcs have advanced more.

you shouldnt say they "always" look vague and ugly. Check out gears of war, UT2007, killzone, prey, etc.

also, try halo. its perfect with a controller.

quattro_20v
07-19-2005, 07:41 AM
Having done over 5 years online gaming on a pc, I really need my mouse. I've seen halo, didnt impress me at all. All the battlefield series are a lot more fun then halo.
But I barely play any singleplayer game anyway, I almost only play online and in a competitive way, I wouldnt want to trade my mouse for a joypad.

Suka
07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Thats fair enough. My mate is unreal at FPS games in the PC, but i can beat him on his own games on his PS2 because i am better with a joypad. I have an XBOX and always play Halo 2 on live.

quattro_20v
07-19-2005, 08:00 AM
the last console I had was a N64, I always loved mariokart back then.

Suka
07-19-2005, 08:05 AM
the last console I had was a N64, I always loved mariokart back then.
I kind of took a jump myself. It went: Sega Master System, Sega Megadrive II (or Sega Genesis) then xbox.

targa
07-19-2005, 09:51 AM
best games system ever
http://www.ataritimes.com/2600/images/2600jr.jpg

werty
07-19-2005, 11:57 AM
and come on how can u say people didnt like halo 2.every one bought it the first day it came out.and every one playes it on line still after all this time and i think halo will out sell ps3 caz ps3 will be up there in money,and people love halo..so that why i think a game will beat ps3

Can you say halo fanboy? :p

Look, one game is not worth buying a system for, and yet you halo fanboy's think it is. I think it's time you got your head out of your butt, and relize how many better games there are than halo. I dont understand why its so popular. I'm not saying its boring or anything, but its just another first person shooter, nothing extremely unique or spectacular.

Yeah a few people will go out and buy halo 3 when the PS3 comes out. But then they are going to go over to a friends house who bought a PS3 and see the amazing difference in attention to superb graphics and gameplay. In my opinion microsoft has released the xbox360 out way too soon, giving its competitors plenty of time to outdo them. If they were smart they shouldve waited to release after the PS3.

And one more thing to point out, you have not even touched a controller from either system so STOP saying one is better than another, it makes you look stupid!

Blitz_
07-19-2005, 07:03 PM
well werty, there is serious debate over microsofts decision to release before the ps3. Firstly, there are the advantages. They have a clear period of sales time between the release of the 360 and ps3, meaning that they have the jump and consumers can get thier first taste of next generation console gaming. Furthermore, if what they say is true, that the ps3 is not as powerful as they say, and it is in fact less powerful in several key areas, then the 360 should have a better advantage. I know for a fact that more ps3's will be sold than halo3, but then again there will be some dent in the sales, even if it is minimal, and microsoft will use this to thier advantage.

There are the obvious disadvantages that you just pointed out. In my opinion the 360 isnt being released to early. The cost of redevolping alpha kits then re-adjusting a whole system for the production line is costly and Sony will attempt to make last minute readjustments minimal. Remember, the ps3 is one expensive machine, and it is highly likely that Sony will make thier money from the games, not from the console.

So in conclusion, Microsoft are smart with their release strategy, its just risky! And risk is part of the puzzle if they want to take the console crown, and if you don't take the risk then in my opinion you are worse off because sometimes playing it safe won't get you as far as you need.

There will be no "amazing" difference between the ps3 and 360 but they will have thier own unique strenghts and weaknesses.

And on the controllers, the ps3's still looks like a heap of plastic sh*t if you ask me, comfortable or not, I'd take the 360's gem of gamepad anyday.

**EDIT: Halo was so popular because it was a game released with the xbox when it first came out. And furthermore it was so damn good! BEfore Halo on xbox, ps2 did not have a good FPS, and still they don't have one (Killzone, pos.) and for Halo to be that good and being released the day xbox was, it was a great triumph. It was basically a great taste of PC FPS action on a console, and more! The controller was suited perfectly and the controlls were well suited. Nuff said.

Alastor
08-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Official pricing of the Xbox 360 revealed

Microsoft has confirmed that there will be two Xbox 360 packages at launch: one with a hard disk and accessories and one without. The full package details and prices are detailed below.

Xbox 360 Core System - $299 (299 Euros, 209 GBP)
• Xbox 360 console
• Wired controller
• Detachable faceplate
• Xbox Live Silver membership
• Standard AV cables

Xbox 360 - $399 (399 Euros, 279 GBP)
• Xbox 360 console
• 20GB detachable hard drive
• Wireless controller
• Wireless Xbox Live headset
• High-definition AV cables
• Ethernet cable
• Xbox 360 Media Remote Control (limited time)
• Detachable faceplate
• Xbox Live Silver membership

The many peripherals will retail for the following:
• Faceplate ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Hard Drive (20 GB) ($99.99, 99.99 Euros, 69.99 GBP)
• Memory Unit (64 MB) ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 22.99 GBP)
• Wireless Networking Adapter ($99.99, 79.99 Euros, 59.99 GBP)
• Wireless Controller ($49.99, 44.99 Euros, 32.99 GBP)
• Play and Charge Kit ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Rechargeable Battery Pack ($11.99, 14.99 Euros, 9.99 GBP)
• Controller ($39.99, 34.99 Euros, 24.99 GBP)
• Headset ($19.99, 19.99 Euros, 14.99 GBP)
• Universal Media Remote ($29.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
• Component HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)
• S-Video AV Cable (US) ($29.99)
• SCART AV Cable (Europe) (24.99 Euros, 17.99 GBP)
• VGA HD AV Cable ($39.99, 29.99 Euros, 19.99 GBP)

"The sheer entertainment value of Xbox 360 cannot be overstated," said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer for Microsoft. "While the system has the muscle to power awe-inspiring graphics, audio and online play, it's also got the intelligence to serve as a one-of-a-kind entertainment device that plays CDs, DVDs, MP3s and digital content from an array of devices, including portable music players and digital cameras."

"With both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Core System, we're offering consumers real choice and real value," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of worldwide marketing and publishing for the Home Entertainment Division at Microsoft. "We're bringing true next-generation experiences into gamers' living rooms this Christmas."

Well, the rumours can now end. There will be two different packages and the hard disk will not be as standard. No word has been given on the release date, but we'll keep you updated.

Original Link: http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/1307/