PDA

View Full Version : F1 Threatens to Skip European Races

mechanixfetch
01-23-2004, 05:35 PM
What do you think of Max Mosley's threat to not race in Europe this season if the EU does not change its laws regarding on track deaths for drivers. Personally I think that the idea of arresting Team heads if a driver dies is absurd but that is just me.

NAZCA C2
01-23-2004, 06:40 PM
F1 is needs to get rid of Max Mosley and Bernie Eccelstone, they are both idiots. The law about arresting the heads of the team is ridiculous. The europeans sure got some dumb ideas. Race car drivers know the risks of what they are doing and accept the risks. Racing isn't the safest thing in the world and it shouldn't be that is why racing is exciting.

DasModell
01-23-2004, 06:57 PM
to my knowledge .. Italy has this kind of laws .. but i think the threat real . and in fact they already are getting outside Europe ... i do not like it . but i can't oppose . :)

Homem de Gelo
01-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Nah, they can't afford to do that.

orbitalex2000
01-24-2004, 01:42 PM
They can always come to the U.S.
Long Beach is still available.
Plus, we've got about 50 race tracks in North America.

SPN:DOC
01-26-2004, 08:36 PM
No way they will never do that, half of the races are in Europe and its where F1 started.

mechanixfetch
01-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Important people/Organisations can be stubborn and petty though. We'll just have to wait and see.

Matra et Alpine
01-27-2004, 04:49 AM
No way they will never do that, half of the races are in Europe and its where F1 started.
Bernie only cares about money.
More tracks will be banning cigarette advertising and still most of the sponsorship comes from them..
So, Bernie wants to take the F1 circus to where the tobacco companies have a growing market to try to retain their HUGE incomes for his tracks and teams.
That and he wants out of France unless they move it back to hs track - well that's not the reason given :)

Ferrari Tifosi
01-28-2004, 11:27 AM
I think the laws about charging team heads if a driver dies works in some cases where. For example when Senna died, Patrick Head and others were brought to trial because the inspection lead detectives to believe that he died because of a broken steering column allowing him not to steer the car, and as a result crashing. If proper inspection of a weld holding the steering column together would have been made then Senna may have not died. In cases like these, team heads should be charged.

DodgeNitroBIRM
01-28-2004, 06:10 PM
I think the laws about charging team heads if a driver dies works in some cases where. For example when Senna died, Patrick Head and others were brought to trial because the inspection lead detectives to believe that he died because of a broken steering column allowing him not to steer the car, and as a result crashing. If proper inspection of a weld holding the steering column together would have been made then Senna may have not died. In cases like these, team heads should be charged.

Yes, however, it was found that the impact didn't kill Senna. It was the right front tire impacting his helmet. It just flew up at the wrong time.