PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren f1 book Driving ambition.......

pavo_roddy
06-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi all,

Is this book really worth buying?? Anyone know??? IF you do have one, does it have tech pics of the roadcar?? Pics while in the build process??

Egg Nog
06-23-2005, 05:56 PM
I have this book. It is 100% pure unadultered awesome. It has pictures of absoutely everything you could possibly imagine and covers every model, prototype, etc. There are hundreds of full-colour pictures of the design and build process/roadcar/etc.

It is definitely worth buying.

Vaigra
06-23-2005, 05:59 PM
really worth buying? In that case I might consider it..as a gift to myself ;) lol
btw...where's the multimedia? :confused: lol

nopassn
06-23-2005, 06:56 PM
I have this book. It is 100% pure unadultered awesome. It has pictures of absoutely everything you could possibly imagine and covers every model, prototype, etc. There are hundreds of full-colour pictures of the design and build process/roadcar/etc.

It is definitely worth buying.

I couldn't agree more - it's got the history, about how the car came to be, all the stuff that went in to it is covered in detail - a TON of engine, car, chassis pics and tech sketches. It is a great book with great content. It's got to be the single best car book I own... it is well worth the purchase price. Also, it comes with a 2 sided poster - 1 side, has the roadcar, parked next to a jet fighter, the other side has a "chart" with every chassis number, it's specification, and the color it was painted - it includes all the road cars, all the race cars, and the prototype cars.... it's just awesome.

Egg Nog
06-23-2005, 06:56 PM
I couldn't agree more - it's got the history, about how the car came to be, all the stuff that went in to it is covered in detail - a TON of engine, car, chassis pics and tech sketches. It is a great book with great content. It's got to be the single best car book I own... it is well worth the purchase price. Also, it comes with a 2 sided poster - 1 side, has the roadcar, parked next to a jet fighter, the other side has a "chart" with every chassis number, it's specification, and the color it was painted - it includes all the road cars, all the race cars, and the prototype cars.... it's just awesome.

Which side of the poster do you have up? I've got the jet/roadcar :)

Vaigra
06-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Which side of the poster do you have up? I've got the jet/roadcar :)
I'd have the other side up for easy reference ;)

nopassn
06-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Actually, the poster is sitting in the closet, in it's frame, of course - it got moved after California last year (Currently, have a Saleen S7 poster up in it's place - I wouldn't have put the Saleen poster up in it's place, but it is signed from Steve Saleen to me, so it's kinda special ;) )

At some point I'll probably rotate them back out...

F1_Master
06-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm going to get it soon.
Looks great!

Stratoraptor
06-24-2005, 12:07 AM
If anyone wants a good price for a sealed 2002 reprint, shoot me a PM. I bought my copy for $35 brand new.

SilverG35SportC
06-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes I have Driving Ambition and it is an amazing book. So detailed, so many amazing pictures. Definitely worth buying!!!

fastautos
06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm hopefully going to get mine signed by Gordan Murray in July :)

Vaigra
06-24-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm hopefully going to get mine signed by Gordan Murray in July :)
where are you hoping to see him?

pavo_roddy
06-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi all,

Thanx for all your input, gotta get a copy now......

fastautos
06-25-2005, 12:45 AM
He's going to be at the Pasadena Art Center Classic

http://www.artcenter.edu/carclassic/

PETERSON
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/860786-post13.html

raipic2
01-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Thank you so much for the photos