PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say...

CdocZ
06-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Ok, realistically, this thread has no purpose. It contains no information or cars, or on anything. But, mods, please do not delete it.

Considering my August is psychotically and mentally (perhaps even physically) very very busy August, I decided I would do a thread about a year of UCP for me, and how it has been, now, nearly 2 months early. And you know what? It's crazy.

To start off, I would like to say congrats to our new mods. Taz, I can't believe your a mod now. I mean....I remember joining back when you were still just barely coming out of newbhood! :p

What else? Well, I can here a little over 10 months ago, knowing......well, not too much about cars. That has changed, DRASTICALLY. From you guys, my love for cars went from a blind, mostly empty passion, into a full blown and still fast growing hurricane, sucking up whatever is thrown at it. From simple facts like "what is the REAL fastest car ever?" to things as complicated as "how an LMP race car is built", I have learned from you guys, on various topics (Matra, I'm still trying to find a topic you don't know about!) to things as specific as the very politics of America and Europe in high detail.....but I can live without the politics! Really! :rolleyes:

But you guys have done more then taught me. This is quite a community. There are no real divisions in this place. Everyone, from every country, talks to everybody else. Everyone shares what they knoe with everyone else, and real friendships are made. I look at other forums, with specified main-topics (us and cars for example), to general forums such as Ebaumsworld. What do I see? Everyone takes a forum section, and just posts there. Except here. In fact, while I am on that point, I'd really like to increase my out-of-UCP dealings with alot of you, via email, instant messaging, whatever. You guys....aren't just random guys on the internet. You guys are "my car buds" really. This is a huge plus for UCP, making it quite unique. Let this feeling of a real community never die off, and if anything, be felt even more with each passing day.

UCP is unique. In every way. This forum....well, awhile ago I said I would barely post anymore, because I wouldn't have the time. Well, maybe here and there, I can make some time. Over the next two weeks I won't be around, I'm off to camp for a bit. But when I get back I have one last week before things go #$%T^Y&*(ERY!, and I'll try to post then.

Thank you UCP, for making my year, just that much better. I look forward to another year of increasing my knowledge, and just talking to you guys.

See you later people. I'm still on for a bit tonight, so don't think I'm off JUST yet.

Egg Nog
06-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Sweet. That's always good to hear! (I don't mean the bit about you leaving for a while) ;)

CdocZ
06-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Sweet. That's always good to hear! (I don't mean the bit about you leaving for a while) ;)

Hahhaaa! I should hope not! :p

taz_rocks_miami
06-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Well said dude, the things you point out are the reason I stuck around UCP, I had never been a member of an Internet forum before but got hooked on UCP. The people here rock, hence UCP rocks :)

Cotterik
06-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Glad to see someone else enjoys this community so much :) you're right this is a great place and its down to each and every one of us, unique in its own right.

CdocZ
06-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Exactly. Taz and Cot, you guys have what I wanted to say....perfectly. I love this place. I mean, ok, some of the things are a bit....wierd. Like when someone makes a repost vs. reviving a thread, we bash them for both. But really, once you get past all that........it's by far probably the greatest online community around.

clutch-monkey
06-25-2005, 08:03 PM
i love you too, man *sniff* :D j/k i'm with everything you said, i hope you can make time over the next few months to log on.
seriously, every single person on this site is awesome. there might be a few that get on each others nerves, but we're all able to tolerate it and forgive, there's none of the viciousness you see on some forums. this is the first forum i ever joined foer that reason.

taz_rocks_miami
06-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Wouter should be proud :)

whiteballz
06-25-2005, 08:24 PM
very well said. :) your posts will be missed.

WM 4 PREZ!

CdocZ
06-25-2005, 08:25 PM
very well said. :) your posts will be missed.

WM 4 PREZ!

I never said I was leaving, heheheh. If anything, I'm going to make time to just post here and email you guys.

Spastik_Roach
06-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Well said dude, the things you point out are the reason I stuck around UCP, I had never been a member of an Internet forum before but got hooked on UCP. The people here rock, hence UCP rocks :)

Same case here, I had never been a fan of any forums before I came here!

Rockefella
06-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Nice thread, good luck with the crazyness and try to stick around. UCP is my wife.

drakkie
06-26-2005, 12:41 AM

i first got to know ucp of some pics from kazaa, with ultimatecarpage.com copyright things.i had a look at the forums too, and i was sold !!!it was the first forums for me to join and to post on a regular base.after a few months i found out that only a few days had past without going to ucp.since that time, i made ucp my starting page, so that everytme i go on the net, to do anything, i first check the forums/website out. (every school thing i have to do , takes a lot longer :p).when i came to this forums, i knew some things about cars, but by far not as much as i know now.from someone that likes cars, i have become someone that loves cars and wants to continue with cars for the rest of my life (after my study, automotive engineering).i was doubting for a long time what i would do exactly,but im sure now !!thanks to so many great members, this forums still rock !!!!UCP da best !!!

r1ckst4
06-26-2005, 01:25 AM
i agree with u all... i joined other forums as well... but none of them come even close to UCP and its members... this forum is the best.

NoOne
06-26-2005, 06:08 AM
I don't think anyone could have put it more clearer CdocZ, this forum is more community than a regular forum.

Wouter and the original members - meaning the members that have stuck around since pretty much day one, (Matt, fpv_gtho, henk4, homen de gelo, IB4R, Egg Nog, McReis, crisis, et all) laid the foundation, but its been the constantly growing membership that have increased, and maintained the community feel to these boards.

I'm more than just proud to be a member, I'm proud to know I can call many of you guys friends. :cool:

ZemoButts
06-26-2005, 08:23 AM
i go to this fourm for the cars and gamspot ,elecplay and next gen fourms for the games, upc is pretty good compaired to the rest