PDA

View Full Version : A friend's Gallardo Le Mans delivery day!

-TT-
06-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, there is this friend of mine owning already a couple of Lambo that got a call Saturday about his new Gallardo Le Mans beeing ready to be taken home. So Yesterday I picked him up and with a friend we drove the 200 km north to the famous Affolter garage. Later another friend with his orange Diablo SV joined the party. We spent a marvellous morning up there while they were explaining him the control for the E-Gear and such and after a quick lunch we took the baby back home! He was so happy and it was so nice to share such precious moments with him! The E-gear seems a joy to use and those throttle blips while downshifting always make you smile, even after a couple of hours!
it has a sport exhaust and I also have a small vid to give a rough idea about the loudness:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2636828/Mvi_0847.avi.html

Now for some pics, all the others can be found here: http://www.swisscarsightings.com/updates/updates080.html

-TT-
06-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Some more

-TT-
06-28-2005, 03:18 PM
and the last ones

Mustang
06-28-2005, 03:19 PM
that orange diable is fit

and love the gallardo too :) so much nicer than the murc

spi-ti-tout
06-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Holy.

I usually absolutely HATE Gallardo's but on this instance I just can't say anything. It looks just fantastic with that theme and if it's got that name they must have done something to it so two thumbs up to Lamborghini.

Sweeney921
06-28-2005, 03:21 PM
why does lamborghini make a "le mans" version of the gallardo when they don't race one at le mans?!?!?

anyways, it still looks nice

Dino Scuderia
06-28-2005, 03:23 PM
That looks pretty good.

clutch-monkey
06-28-2005, 03:24 PM
that colour is hot, a pity about the wheels

Pando
06-28-2005, 03:40 PM
That looks pretty good.
I second that.
Looking at the pics i realized how much better regular doors look than "lambo"-doors... :rolleyes: ;)

taz_rocks_miami
06-28-2005, 03:46 PM
why does lamborghini make a "le mans" version of the gallardo when they don't race one at le mans?!?!?

anyways, it still looks nice

Good question. I didn't know they made a Le Mans version. What difference is there with the "regular" Gallardo? Aside from the racing stipes.

SPHFerrari
06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
i would say that lamborghini doesnt make that, it was tuned by some other company. they wouldnt release a le mans version, especially before the spider is even officially unveiled, and more likely and sv will follow that.

Pando
06-28-2005, 04:42 PM
i would say that lamborghini doesnt make that, it was tuned by some other company. they wouldnt release a le mans version, especially before the spider is even officially unveiled, and more likely and sv will follow that.

you're correct. Here's some further info:

http://www.lambocars.com/gal/galllm.htm

... The only problem now is that Automobili Lamborghini SpA no longer allows tuners to radically modify their cars, so only some minor modifications can be performed on the latest Lamborghini models ...
...there is also pics of a Murc LM edition

Egg Nog
06-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I won't go so far as to say the new Lamborghinis are ugly, but damn does the Diablo ever make them look bad.

crisis
06-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Personal preference I would loose the stripes but it is magnificent. And I love the Murc as well. Whats wrong with you people?

Vaigra
06-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Personal preference I would loose the stripes but it is magnificent. And I love the Murc as well. Whats wrong with you people?
they've all had major head trauma :rolleyes:
the Murcielago is beautiful, as is the Diablo. The Gallardo looks amazing too, especially in that blue. I've seen a blue one on the road..and I loved it.
I don't see anything wrong with the Lamborghini line-up at the moment..which is more than I can say about Ferrari..;)

Quiggs
06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I didn't think you could make the Gallardo uglier. I was wrong. It looks like garbage next to that Diablo, and I don't like Diablos...

Downgrade.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Bling Bling; Please, Just leave it alone.

Nice car (s), shame about the attempted "Spicing Up".

Nice blue on the Gallardo though.

Nogger
06-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Fantastic looking Gallardo. The theme makes it look very tight and nimble. Cool as hell!
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

Sweeney921
06-28-2005, 08:22 PM
is that blue "Tour de France blue"? that happens to be my favorite color, and it's hot.

crisis
06-28-2005, 08:28 PM
is that blue "Tour de France blue"? that happens to be my favorite color, and it's hot.
What a name for a colour! :rolleyes:

1(8L)1
06-28-2005, 10:09 PM
that thing's ugly with those wheels, but it's good if u cover them up

ScionDriver
06-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I didn't think you could make the Gallardo uglier. I was wrong. It looks like garbage next to that Diablo, and I don't like Diablos...

Downgrade.
Sometimes I think you havce nothing nice to say. And thats good because I like when people speak their minds.

I think it looks good though, I think most new Lamborgini's are beautiful. Well actually they all are, but I will say that they are not quite as good as some older ones (Diablo especially)

-TT-
06-29-2005, 12:01 AM
To clarify things a bit: the Le Mans kit is not an official Lamborghini offer. It's done by Ital Car Design, a company owned by Affolter Garage. Basically it's just about visual mods, but of course you can always ask for more power. In this case, the only other mod is a free exhaust, all the rest is stock.
The full kit has the stripes, the colored part on the side, the rear wing, the engine cover, the rear bumper and 4 exits exhaust, but it's constantly evolving so I am not sure I am up to date. You can also have "Enzo style" doors now. And they are working on a second offer, the Gallardo Miami. I saw the first Miami "proto" at the dealership, I am attaching the picture but you can't really see very well.. for now just a bi.color paintjob..
There are many Murci and Gallardo Le Mans around here and that's why Lambo actually close one eye when it comes to Affolter's mods. They are one of the biggest Lambo garage (and seller) in the world afterall.