PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Car

FREDZY
04-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Let us discuss the ultimate car of all time, the Chevrolet Corsica. Especially the one with a 2-liter inline 4. It is likely that most people on earth have owned one at one time, and that they all totally loved their Corsica, until it disintegrated or they saved up $200 for a new car.

dondon2003
04-24-2003, 08:00 PM
I love the new engien on this 60's beast. the body is unbelieveable how old it can look but, its stylish inside and fast engien. I think Cadillac has out done them selves.

Meluion
04-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by FREDZY
Let us discuss the ultimate car of all time, the Chevrolet Corsica. Especially the one with a 2-liter inline 4. It is likely that most people on earth have owned one at one time, and that they all totally loved their Corsica, until it disintegrated or they saved up $200 for a new car.

Could you explain your ultimate-car choice a bit more please?

Aych Es Vee
04-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by FREDZY
Let us discuss the crappest car of all time, the Chevrolet Corsica. Especially the one with a 2-liter inline 4. It is likely that no people on earth have ever owned one, coz they suck, and that they all totally hated their Corsica, until it disintegrated or they saved up $200 for a new car.

hotflank
04-28-2003, 01:51 AM
excuse but that is not the best

steven flanagan
05-01-2003, 12:10 AM
The ultimate car is the Pontiac GTO which down here in Australia is the Holden Monaro which kicks your Chevrolet Corsica in the ass. (no taste at all in cars)

Gilly
05-01-2003, 10:34 PM
this is a pic of the CRAPPEST CAR in the world, no offence

motorhead
05-04-2003, 01:15 AM
corrola looks better - really

ewingss
05-04-2003, 09:54 AM
when i was 17 i think the same about american cheap cars, as i grow up i bought a toyota and i saw the light, no more blow ups radiators , no more squeaks, no more lack of power, no more water pumps replacements.
i encourage you to try a toyota , mazda, or honda , and u will see how big is the crab that you have in a corsica.

austinreed2
05-04-2003, 07:26 PM
well freedzy u r an idiot corsicas suck i mesn it looks terrible its slow bad handling i bet the only reason u said that is because u probably have one!!ford mustang kills the corsica by a mile !!!!

GM_rocks!!!
05-20-2003, 11:04 AM
well guys! i think that i would have to say that one of the ultimate cars of all time is the Dodge Viper GTS Coupe!!!!!!! http://www.vipercentral.com/pics/gts/gts19.jpg

Egg Nog
05-21-2003, 10:04 PM
I can't belive how few people actually caught on to the sarcasm of the first post...

Anyway, ultimate car? See this post:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311

motormaniac
06-02-2003, 04:32 AM
corrola is much better, especially reliabilty,

RS6
06-07-2003, 07:55 AM
The Ultimate car does not come from America.

motorhead
06-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by motormaniac
corrola is much better, especially reliabilty,
erm that is by far the mosy bullshitting theory i have ever heard - you are comparing cars which are totally totally and i mean totally different - and you suddenly come up with corolla - take your bullshit somewhere else

motorhead
06-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by RS6
The Ultimate car does not come from America.
then what and where - let me guess Rs6 from GERMANY right??

motormaniac
06-08-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by motorhead

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

motorhead
06-08-2003, 06:44 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa ]
relax man

motormaniac
06-09-2003, 04:41 AM
]
relax man

hahahahahahah

RS6
06-10-2003, 02:33 PM
No offence, but only 2 truly great cars came out of America. The Ford Mustang and the Hummer.

RS6
06-10-2003, 02:34 PM

No, wrong. The Citroen DS from France.

motormaniac
06-11-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by RS6
No, wrong. The Citroen DS from France.

this came out from my backyard, ya? :P

motorhead
06-12-2003, 10:38 AM
this came out from my backyard, ya? :P can you shut the F**K up you bullshit

motormaniac
06-13-2003, 01:38 AM
can you shut the F**K up you bullshit

well, Mr Know-it-all

i ain't speaking sucker

typing

get the in ur brain

correction, do u have one

mcbrusen
06-14-2003, 05:23 PM
No offence, but 1/2 of all the posts on this forum is involving fighting about silly things between Motorhead and Motomaniac. Please, isnt it possible to discuss cars without having to nag on eachother 24/7? :)
Just my 2 kroner.

motormaniac
06-15-2003, 11:31 PM
small minded eh - good

there is no such thing as small minded loser

IBrake4Rainbows
06-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Sure there is, your living proof....

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by IBrake4Rainbows
Sure there is, your living proof....

u fail to amuse me

RS6
06-16-2003, 12:53 PM
u fail to amuse me

He doesn't fail to amuse me. :D

motorhead
06-18-2003, 07:52 AM
yeah i have gained a lot of respect for ibrake nowdays - hes one of the few powerhouses on this site - not like AHEM - someone acting SWANKY

IBrake4Rainbows
06-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Thankyou for the vote of confidence Motorhead. I don't really think i'm a powerhouse (60 something posts) but i do try to keep a high standard. plus, that joke was just so begging to be pulled apart....

motorhead
06-19-2003, 10:50 AM
no i am not talking about your post - its how you deal with some of the F**KS here - good job man

SUPERMAN
06-21-2003, 02:48 PM
The Best Car In the World is by Far Hummer H2 sure i like the low riders that can go from 0 to 100 in 2 seconds put come on, what sports car can match a hummers capabilaties let me tell you the hummer is the best thing to happen to the military and i think i's the best thing for every day life to i don't care about speed i'd rather go off roading with my car

IBrake4Rainbows
06-21-2003, 08:23 PM
The HUMMER? THE HUMMER? dude, your seriously on crack. The hummer may be the best thing that ever happened to the military but in all seriousness, it is one of the most crud riding, wasteful and meaningless forms of ROAD transport that is on offer in the wasteful (Sorry, the free) country. If you base your idea of a best car by watching rappers drive around wearing "Bling-Bling" and bouncing up and down on air suspension you will have one of the most twisted views of greatness yet known to man. Either grow a brain or get the hell out, coz if it was a best car, it would certainly not be a TRUCK like the hummer. Hell, even trucks like the Jeep Wrangler or the Land Rover Defender could be considered then, and lets face it, neither is a technological marvel. Neither is the Hummer. So what if it can run over landmines, would youdo that to your $200,000 "Bling-Bling" mobile? most that i've ever seen are usually mounting curbs or fighting for two parking spots instead of the usual one msot road cars take up. Is that really the measure of a great Automobile?

motorhead
06-22-2003, 09:40 AM
what design does it have also - its a square box with four wheels(a bit like a rolls) - damn right about off roaders never going off roading - i've said that many times on this website on comments and in the forum but nobody seems to really care - then you have the fuel economy - bloody petrol company will be out of petrol if everyone was driving one of those bullshits - and if the engine is soooo bloody big where the hell is the performence - yeah it is heavy but its fat ass is too heavy to even move decently - its way better than the even fatter assed h1 in performence but its still bullshit compared to its rivals. so huge, so boxy, so ugly(come to think of it it really sucks big time)rappers like it don't know why - and what so bling bling about it - i think a x5 will be a much better choice - get an x5 - with the extra money you have gotten yourself a sports pakage - send it to AC schnitzer or hamann and fly past all the bloody boxes or in other words HUMMERS on the road. no you can't go past them they are so ugly that you would probably die when you see it so you will crash and die - or its fat ass will be blocking the road you will not have space to pass - you would have to put your x5 in reverse gear because once there is a hill the hummer is so heavy it will start rolling down and you would have to reverse your x5 in the process - ultimately it is a total and complete waste of money and yeah next time watch and see if a missle is flying towards you because maybe they will mistake you for a millitary personel

SUPERMAN
06-22-2003, 02:22 PM
you don't know nothin sure a hummer is alittle unnesessary, but thats the fun have having one just to know that the slow little jeep in front of you could easily become road kill if you desided to speed up a little bit i don't care about those rapper want to bes drive'n around in there huge escalades with 30 inch chrome wheels they can do want they want but i don't want a hummer to show off how big my wallet is or so i can look like 50 cent hell no i'm actually going to go off roading thats the fun of having one. it's a whole lot better to have a car that can go over a speed bump then it is to have a car that would get stuck in a 1 inch pot hole.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-22-2003, 09:03 PM
But the sad thing is, Superman, that most of these cars are used for that purpose, and the image-stigma that attaches itself to those sorts of cars is truly horrible for Resale/Brand image. Go take it out for offroading, sure, but i think you missed the point in my previous comment about how most i have seen are only used in the city because they cost so darn much. Parts and damage caused by off-roading could leave a severe dent in your wallet. If you have the dosh i'm sure it's a great off roader, but for the purposes it is used for today, ie: soccer mom, it serves a somewhat less clear purpose. And for the record, i sure do know Something, including how to spell.

lindy_adams
06-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Well as I am from the USA, I like all cars that have some grunt and power not these stupid cars from europe.

E.g. Aston Martin, Audi and of course BMW (I hate them a man brought one into the garage that I work in, it was such a pain to work on)

So as you can see I really like american cars and nothing will change that.

dwayneperry
06-23-2003, 09:46 AM
I am still laughing at Lindsy Adams post! I have lived most of my life in Canada and I have driven everything from a 69 1/2 Super Bee (440+6) to a Chevy Cavalier... I was recently posted to the UK for business and I was ASTOUNDED by the output of the tiny econo boxes they have there. A good example it the Peugeot 206... lots of grunt and one hell of a top end kick. Have you ever been to Europe? I doubt it. And by the way what BMW did you get a chance to drive?

If I live to be 200 I will never understand americans love for fuel gulping V8's... sure they are quick 1320 ft at a time... but haven't you ever wanted to do more turning than just into the return lane?

motorhead
06-23-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by lindy_adams
Well as I am from the USA, I like all cars that have some grunt and power not these stupid cars from europe.

E.g. Aston Martin, Audi and of course BMW (I hate them a man brought one into the garage that I work in, it was such a pain to work on)

So as you can see I really like american cars and nothing will change that. you're the worst person i have ever seen - euro cars - they are still the best - aston martin - man have you sat in one moving - audi - go see the rs4 and rs6 - bmw - yueah maybe that wanker brought in a 316 - take a look at the m3 and m5 - stop your bullshit about EURO cars man - take your bullshit somewhere else

RS6
06-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by lindy_adams

So as you can see I really like american cars and nothing will change that.

You P**s me off.

SUPERMAN
06-23-2003, 04:23 PM
american cars kick ass in my opinion the bigger the better. but hell what are these people smoking BMW's audi's these cars are the best! and by the way what do you drive

Nildo
06-23-2003, 05:40 PM
How can anyone claim European cars are all gutless? Aston Martins have heaps of meaty grunt, as do RUF, AMG Mercedes, M haus BMW, Maserati, TVR....the list goes on. Some american cars can be ok, but the Europeans are much more consistent at creating reliable, well built, stylish vehicles.

IBrake4Rainbows
06-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Superman, i drive a BMW 328i and find it better than any american car that has been on sale in my part opf the world. insipid cars such as the Chrysler Neon and Dodge Viper (Great power, but what about the rest of the car, did they just engineer the engine adn left the rest to chance?) seem to have significant downfalls that mean you either love the cars fault,s or you go somewhere else, and judging by sales figures it seem many are goign elsewhere....

P.S. i am talking about the old viper, the newer one is a much more coherant machine.

motorhead
06-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by IBrake4Rainbows
Superman, i drive a BMW 328i and find it better than any american car that has been on sale in my part opf the world. insipid cars such as the Chrysler Neon and Dodge Viper (Great power, but what about the rest of the car, did they just engineer the engine adn left the rest to chance?) seem to have significant downfalls that mean you either love the cars fault,s or you go somewhere else, and judging by sales figures it seem many are goign elsewhere....

P.S. i am talking about the old viper, the newer one is a much more coherant machine. BMW 328I - ****in nice car man is it the E36 or E46 model - and you do not really drive don't you(hehe)

SUPERMAN
06-26-2003, 09:22 PM
I love BMW They are my second favourite car. BMW's are alot better then most american cars, but American cars are (in my opinion) better then European cars, but thats my opinion. im sure none of you really like any big ass SUV gas guzlers that can scale a mountain but hell just your opinion

BMW's kick ass

motorhead
06-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by SUPERMAN
I love BMW They are my second favourite car. BMW's are alot better then most american cars, but American cars are (in my opinion) better then European cars, but thats my opinion. im sure none of you really like any big ass SUV gas guzlers that can scale a mountain but hell just your opinion

BMW's kick ass I LOVE IT

modena
10-22-2004, 03:36 PM
have you guys ever even sat in some european cars nothing can size up to them look at these american v-8s they are useless with gas prices going up in here in the states ($2.00) most of these american companies in a few years are gonna be scrambling in a few years trying to find new ways to increase economy without sacrificing power something europeans have almost perfected it may hurt but the recent bulky v-8s may dissapear one day

jcp123
10-22-2004, 11:17 PM
have you guys ever even sat in some european cars nothing can size up to them look at these american v-8s they are useless with gas prices going up in here in the states ($2.00) most of these american companies in a few years are gonna be scrambling in a few years trying to find new ways to increase economy without sacrificing power something europeans have almost perfected it may hurt but the recent bulky v-8s may dissapear one day

I'm keeping my bigass V8.

Slicks
10-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Where are all these noobs coming from?
These "useless" V8s are getting better gas milage than alot of cars in their class with non V8s. American companies have already made a solution to get better EPA without deecreasing perfomance, its called dispacement on demand. The new 300C already has it, along with the magnum, and GM is intoducing a new small block with it soon. BTW these "bulky" V8 are actually smaller than most other engines they compete against...

modena
10-24-2004, 05:42 PM
but think of it they have just started do we really wanna ration gas again i say the goverment does something about all engines

modena
10-24-2004, 05:45 PM
NOOB!!!! i'VE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN YOU

NoOne
10-24-2004, 05:57 PM
NOOB!!!! i'VE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN YOU
You still qualify as a NOOB, you have (at this time) 18 posts in the past 9 months to his 458 in 8 months. Being a NOOB is not derogatory, it just describes someone who hasn't spent a lot of time in the forums. :)

gtface
10-26-2004, 11:29 AM

The corvette gets great gas mileage. In fact it gets better gas mileage than any of its nearest competitors, from europe, japan, or wherever.

sixspeed-V8
10-26-2004, 01:57 PM

There are some newer us-cars who uses less fuel than we are used too. Everything goes by the throttle, a big engine does not mean more fuel. I agree that European cars are better with the fuelconsumption (v8 vs v8) but the newer US V8 are NOT the V8 we are used too have. You be amazed how less fuel a new corvette uses!!

Slicks
10-26-2004, 02:20 PM
There are some newer us-cars who uses less fuel than we are used too. Everything goes by the throttle, a big engine does not mean more fuel. I agree that European cars are better with the fuelconsumption (v8 vs v8) but the newer US V8 are NOT the V8 we are used too have.
Still not fully correct, let me show you.
European V8s
(not even going to bother with Ferrari)
'00 BMW M5 13/21 (ha, comparable to the 500hp V10 Viper)
BMW M3 16/24 (not a V8 but just for comparison)
Jaguar XKR 16/22
'02 Jaguar S-Type R 17/24
Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG 16/24
Mercedes-Benz CL 55 AMG 14/22
Mercedes-Benz E 55 AMG 14/20
American V8s
Corvette /Z06/C6 -19/27
Camaro SS/Trans Am 18/27
Mustang GT/Mach1 17/25
Mustang SVT Cobra 16/24
Ford GT 14/21
Cadillac XLR 17/24
Cadillac CTS-V 16/25
Mosler MT900S Photon 17/27

Notice the American V8s get gas milage like perfomance European performance 6 cylinders.

charged
11-01-2004, 06:00 AM
The corvette gets great gas mileage. In fact it gets better gas mileage than any of its nearest competitors, from europe, japan, or wherever.Just saw the Corvette on Top Gear get absolutely hosed in a drag between a TVR,Honda NSX,corvette beat the 911 though.Dont think the corvette would get better gas mileage than a Honda NSX,TVR.Lap time of 1.28.6 nearly as fast as a Evo8,but they said shocking ride,cheap controls,plastic body,leaf springs,clunky manual box,very hard to drive near its limits.If 2 average persons was driving a Evo and a Corvette,the guy in the Corvette wouldnt see which way the Evo went and if its a bit wet GAME OVER,Evo would get better fuel economy,has better build quality etc,etc,etc,etc :)

Slicks
11-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Just saw the Corvette on Top Gear get absolutely hosed in a drag between a TVR,Honda NSX,corvette beat the 911 though.Dont think the corvette would get better gas mileage than a Honda NSX,TVR.Lap time of 1.28.6 nearly as fast as a Evo8,but they said shocking ride,cheap controls,plastic body,leaf springs,clunky manual box,very hard to drive near its limits.If 2 average persons was driving a Evo and a Corvette,the guy in the Corvette wouldnt see which way the Evo went and if its a bit wet GAME OVER,Evo would get better fuel economy,has better build quality etc,etc,etc,etc :)
Weve gone over this before, the C6 tested by top gear was the MSRC suspension (one above base) and not the performance Z51 (quickest model). Also look at the hot lap times... The C6 embarrasses just about everything...

Looks like you need to do some more research. The C5 (Z06 and base) and C6 both get 19/27+ mpg, while the NSX gets a jokeable 17/24mpg, and the EVO gets 18/26.
The ride quality was very much over exhadurated like the rest of the car. Plastic body? Ever squeezed the butt of a 360 ferrari? same thing there, its not cheap its smart, it wont dent like steal. Leaf springs? Did you notice that the "old tech" leaf springs worked wonderful, and the vette still beat the "high tech" coil over cars? Very hard to drive near its limits for the weakling brits...
HAHA EVO better quality? I wont even start there...

09-13-2005, 07:40 PM
TVR Cerbera speed12 and TVR Sagaris

Esperante
09-13-2005, 07:43 PM
It's definitely right up there among the ranks of the Ford Pinto and Pontiac Bonneville.

Fleet 500
09-13-2005, 08:29 PM
No offence, but only 2 truly great cars came out of America. The Ford Mustang and the Hummer.
You forget:
- '55-'65 Chrysler 300
- '55-'57 Chevy (a little overrated, though)
- '59 Pontiac
- '55-'58 Thunderbird
- '64-'70 Dodge Dart
- '66-'67 Ford Fairlane (390 preferred)
- '67-'71 Camaro SS and RS
- '68-'71 Chevelle SS 396; '70 Chevelle SS 454
- '68-'71 Dodge Charger R/T 440 and Hemi
- '68-'70 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 and Hemi
- '65-'71 Olds 4-4-2
- '64-'71 Pontiac GTO
- '69 Ford Fairlane 428 Cobra-Jet
- '70 Buick GSX 455 Stage 1
- '66-'76 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
- '59 Cadillac (any model but especially Eldorado Seville)
- '55-'76 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limousine
- '66-'78 Lincoln Contintental
- '68-'70 Lincoln Mark III
- '70 Plymouth Hemicuda
- '68-'70 Plymouth Road Runner
- '70 Dodge Challenger T/A; Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340-6 Pack
- '69 Plymouth Road Runner 440-6 bbl
- '68 428 Mustang CJ
- '70 AMC Rebel 390 H.P.
- '69 Dodge Charger Daytona 440 and Hemi
- '70 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird 440, 440-6 bbl and Hemi
- '68-'70 Buick Electra
- '68-'70 Oldsmobile 98
- '69-'75 Chrysler Imperial
- '57-'60 Chrysler Imperial
etc, etc, etc. :)

Matra et Alpine
09-14-2005, 02:17 AM
You forget:
etc, etc, etc. :)
Responding to a TWO YEAR OLD comment !!!!!

Wow.

Nice list Fleet but how many of these were sold outside of America and it's dominions ????

If we're trying to raise debate on 2 year old comments at least recognise that RS6 DID say "came out of America" :D Getting answers for this month's debates would be time better spent :p

WHAT is it with this month, there seems to have been a DELUGE of old threads getting re-openeed with not much being added :(

spi-ti-tout
09-14-2005, 02:41 AM
WHAT is it with this month, there seems to have been a DELUGE of old threads getting re-openeed with not much being added :(
Well school season started which means two things
1) Everybody has come back from vacation and UCP will gradually fill like every year
2) Many of our members (myself included) have now gone into highrer-year classes which means more time needed for studying anyway

You pick and suggest :)

P4g4nite
09-14-2005, 06:40 AM
Geez fleet, did it take you two years to think up that comeback?

PS, they continued building cars after the 70's.

Fleet 500
09-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Responding to a TWO YEAR OLD comment !!!!!

Wow.

Nice list Fleet but how many of these were sold outside of America and it's dominions ????

If we're trying to raise debate on 2 year old comments at least recognise that RS6 DID say "came out of America" :D Getting answers for this month's debates would be time better spent :p

Actually, I didn't even notice that it was an old thread.
Probably because there were two others before me who bumped the thread up.

I don't know how many in my lists were sold outside America, but it doesn't matter... I was showing the other person that there were many more American cars which were desirable than the Mustang and Hummer.

Fleet 500
09-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Geez fleet, did it take you two years to think up that comeback?

PS, they continued building cars after the 70's.
As stated, I didn't realize it was a two-year old post because last two posters (who bumped the thread) were recent.

For a classic car fan like me, there are no cars after the '70s. ;)

For instance, for me, the last real Cadillac was the 1976 model year.
The last muscle Mopar was the 1971 model year (however, the '72-'73 Duster/Dart Sport 340s and Charger 440s were not too bad).

Rockefella
09-14-2005, 01:06 PM
As stated, I didn't realize it was a two-year old post because last two posters (who bumped the thread) were recent.

For a classic car fan like me, there are no cars after the '70s. ;)

For instance, for me, the last real Cadillac was the 1976 model year.
The last muscle Mopar was the 1971 model year (however, the '72-'73 Duster/Dart Sport 340s and Charger 440s were not too bad).
Yeah, because they started building better cars later on.

Matra et Alpine
09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Actually, I didn't even notice that it was an old thread.
Probably because there were two others before me who bumped the thread up.
That's OK, THEY added their own inputs to the thread.
Slightly different to responding to a 2 year old COMMENT as pointed out :D

but, yeah, it's easy to screw up like that. Just we seem to be having a whole pile of new members resurrecting old pointless threads/posts. It seemed crazy for you to be doing it in sympathy.

I don't know how many in my lists were sold outside America, but it doesn't matter... I was showing the other person that there were many more American cars which were desirable than the Mustang and Hummer.
As stated, the comment you were ostensibly responding to was "came out of America", I dont think any of those cars were officially exported at any time, were they ? AS ASKED in the post I made. If you'd answer question rather than defend it would have all been useful and moved on by now. How many ?????

Fleet 500
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah, because they started building better cars later on.
Depends on what you mean "better."
For long-term longevity (which is a high priority for me) it's too early to tell how the late-model cars will hold up. However, I'm sure glad my cars aren't computer-controlled. I can imagine the cost of those when they need attention.
When one of my cars idles rough, usually a new set of $10.00 spark plugs or adjusting the carb with a .99 cent screwdriver works. With a late-model car, it has to be hooked up to a $80,000 diagnostic machine (in which you are charged just for the diagnosis).

Fleet 500
09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
That's OK, THEY added their own inputs to the thread.
Slightly different to responding to a 2 year old COMMENT as pointed out :D

but, yeah, it's easy to screw up like that. Just we seem to be having a whole pile of new members resurrecting old pointless threads/posts. It seemed crazy for you to be doing it in sympathy.

As stated, the comment you were ostensibly responding to was "came out of America", I dont think any of those cars were officially exported at any time, were they ? AS ASKED in the post I made. If you'd answer question rather than defend it would have all been useful and moved on by now. How many ?????
I agree with you... as a rule, I don't think dozens of old threads should be brought back to life. But, once in a while, what is it going to hurt?

I have no idea how many of those American cars I listed were available outside the U.S. and I don't care. :p
The person who made the comment said, "The best cars that came out of America," meaning the best cars which were built in American. He didn't say anything about if they were available for export. How you came to that conclusion, I'll never know.

denisvn93
09-15-2005, 08:47 AM
The ultimate car to me is the Veyron

Matra et Alpine
09-15-2005, 10:03 AM
I agree with you... as a rule, I don't think dozens of old threads should be brought back to life. But, once in a while, what is it going to hurt?
You are MISSING the point 100% - why so often ??

Old threads aren't a major probrlam as some who HAD posted.
BUT you responded to a comment that was TWO years old :)

I have no idea how many of those American cars I listed were available outside the U.S. and I don't care. :p
The person who made the comment said, "The best cars that came out of America," meaning the best cars which were built in American. He didn't say anything about if they were available for export. How you came to that conclusion, I'll never know.
"out" - you and I have a different dictionary on our desks AGAIN :(

Coming to "conclusion" wasn't in my mind, only UNDERSTANDING the English language :D

Mustang
09-15-2005, 11:07 AM

lets discuss the ultimate twat of all time

karrmann ... :p

Fleet 500
09-15-2005, 02:23 PM
You are MISSING the point 100% - why so often ??

Old threads aren't a major probrlam as some who HAD posted.
BUT you responded to a comment that was TWO years old :)

"out" - you and I have a different dictionary on our desks AGAIN :(

Coming to "conclusion" wasn't in my mind, only UNDERSTANDING the English language :D
Exactly how often are old threads brought back? Not much, I would say.
Yes, I responded to a comment that was two years old (but I did not revive the thread). I didn't realize that was such a horrible "crime" on UCP. :D

You'll try to start an argument over anything, won't you! The poster made the claim that only two good cars *came out of America* (he didn't say exported, he said came out- meaning built). I posted examples I thought he should have included.
The end (I hope).

Matra et Alpine
09-15-2005, 04:10 PM
The poster made the claim that only two good cars *came out of America* (he didn't say exported, he said came out- meaning built). I posted examples I thought he should have included.
The end (I hope).

Your hope is as good as your debate :(

See we need to make a flash card for "out" for you !!!!

Can you show me one single dictionary entry that says that CAME OUT OF A COUNTRY does NOT mean exported - how else does something LEAVE - ie come out - of a country anyway ????

Fleet 500
09-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Lol. Are you still talking about this? You make the biggest cases over nothing!
I have a great idea... if you're so concerned, why don't you ask RS6 what he meant?

scottie300z
09-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Couldnt "come out" also mean realeased by? Like say i was in the city of my birth and i told somebody this is where i come from. How could i come from there if i was there? Maybe b/c thats where i came into existance, and that was where i came out from non-existance.

Fleet 500
09-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Couldnt "come out" also mean realeased by? Like say i was in the city of my birth and i told somebody this is where i come from. How could i come from there if i was there? Maybe b/c thats where i came into existance, and that was where i came out from non-existance.
Yeah, I think RS6 meant "the only good car made/built in America..." he said "come out," but I think he meant built in.

RS6
09-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I think RS6 meant "the only good car made/built in America..." he said "come out," but I think he meant built in.

As time goes on, opinions change. ;)

Matra et Alpine
09-17-2005, 12:33 PM
I have a great idea... why don't you ask RS6 what he meant?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

scottie300z
09-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Well he could have made it clearer what he meant. b/c it could mean either one so no reason on coming down on somebody for interpreting it as one of the other possibilities.

and here is your definition by the way. its from dictionary.com

Into public circulation: The paper came out early today.

those cars fleet mentioned came out of america into public circulation. it was not mentioned in any thread which public circulation in particular.

Matra et Alpine
09-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Scottis your English is ok EXCEPT the sentence has the assumption about the locale the author is in :)

SO it's NOT definitive.

Anyway the point was made and it's up to RS6. The big issue that it's been drawn away (no great surprise:)) from was that we were having a spate of posts on OLD comments in threads which is kidn of silly when you think about it as seldom is a 2 year odl cometn relevant.

scottie300z
09-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah but if rs6 did not make it clear what he meant and there are other possibilities why not atleast consider that he meant something other than what you think he meant?

And a paper came out today in china, doesnt mean i was there or it will get to me, but it did come out. Another example, "that is the best work ive seen come out of those people." doesnt mean im in the same country just means i am able to see the work done by a group of people. be it through magazines, internet, in person or whatever. So ford may come out with a car, or america may come out w/ a car but that doesnt imply to where you are it just says where the car was produced or where it originated from but not where its going.

Out implies a starting point not an end point. So unless an end point is discussed (which it wasnt until now which is after the fact) any possible end point should be open to discussion.

VIPERMIKEY
09-17-2005, 01:25 PM
The ultimate car of all time is the Dodge viper venom 1000TT. Thats if your talking speed and power. If your talking luxury i would say the rolls royce phantom.

Classic Anycar
09-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Chrysler ME Four Twelve

Matra et Alpine
09-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah but if rs6 did not make it clear what he meant and there are other possibilities why not atleast consider that he meant something other than what you think he meant?

And a paper came out today in china, doesnt mean i was there or it will get to me, but it did come out. Another example, "that is the best work ive seen come out of those people." doesnt mean im in the same country just means i am able to see the work done by a group of people. be it through magazines, internet, in person or whatever. So ford may come out with a car, or america may come out w/ a car but that doesnt imply to where you are it just says where the car was produced or where it originated from but not where its going.

Out implies a starting point not an end point. So unless an end point is discussed (which it wasnt until now which is after the fact) any possible end point should be open to discussion.

Scottie, you taking Fleet-lesson in tripping yourself up repeatedly.

You have AGAIN made a comment about the phrase "came out IN" and the original phrase was "came out OF". So in essence you give examples proving the poitn you DONT agree with :D

As stated there IS a difference in the English language. You have to taken context and articles and rules of grammar if you're going to try to understand it.

As said, the ISSUE was the old post responses. The English was minor except the point raised was tried to be defended wrongly and made it a bigger thing than it deserved. But if anyone tries to say black IS white then it WILL create 'discussion' :D

Quiggs
09-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Need I remind you all what the ultimate car is?

http://culttvman.net/assets/images-shop-2003/HomerCar01.jpg

Fleet 500
09-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Matra,
I think you have way too much spare time on your hands!

Using 109 words to try and describe two words (come out) must mean you have lots of leisure time. ;)

Fleet 500
09-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Need I remind you all what the ultimate car is?

All right... The Homer!!!

Matra et Alpine
09-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Matra,
I think you have way too much spare time on your hands!

Using 109 words to try and describe two words (come out) must mean you have lots of leisure time. ;)
no just an excellent command of the Queen's English :)

THe dictionary also sits open at my desk at the entry for MODEST :D

Now, COUNTING the words woudl indicate an excess of time :eek:

Yes, I agree, but that's the beauty of English and debate. It DOES take hundreds of words to convey meaning !!!!

Fleet 500
09-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Yes, I agree, but that's the beauty of English and debate. It DOES take hundreds of words to convey meaning !!!!
Well, it certainly does for you! ;)

Matra et Alpine
09-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Well, it certainly does for you! ;)
at least I do it Fleet.

I've a list longer than those 109 words you counted of unanswered questions :)

The only things that can be stated simply are simple things :D

scottie300z
09-17-2005, 07:25 PM
You have AGAIN made a comment about the phrase "came out IN" and the original phrase was "came out OF". So in essence you give examples proving the poitn you DONT agree with :D

Thats the best work that has ever came out OF that employee. Same difference. doesnt refer to where the work went but where it came from. like i said earlier came out refers to the originality not its destination. regardless of "in" or "out"

And the definition was right, out of can refer to something going into the public circulation. it was stated otherwise.

Fleet 500
09-17-2005, 07:47 PM
at least I do it Fleet.

I've a list longer than those 109 words you counted of unanswered questions :)

I would do it, but I don't want to bore everyone on this board.

Please, no more. I don't think anyone here wants to read essays! ;)

scottie300z
09-17-2005, 07:50 PM
thats cool w/ me.

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2005, 03:45 AM
And the definition was right, out of can refer to something going into the public circulation. it was stated otherwise.
oh dear, FLeet will love that I'm spending more words :D

You hit it 100% in English comprehension by your use of the words "public circulation". You've explained it correctly but don't realise it (yet:))

SO when a "public person" says that, it's true for THEIR locale.

So "public circulation" for a Brit would be BRITISH "public circulation".

English sentences involve objects, subjects and verbs ( and a few others :) ).
The meaning of a sentence involves ALL of these even when some are not written and are taken from context.

To clarify then needs investigation, which we've been doing :D

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2005, 03:47 AM
I would do it, but I don't want to bore everyone on this board.

Please, no more. I don't think anyone here wants to read essays! ;)
You're right Fleet.

BUT IN OTHER THREADS THERE ARE A LOT WAITING ON YOUR RESPONSES.

So don't include here for sure...... but a wee visit to all those other threads woudl be interesting :D

scottie300z
09-18-2005, 10:21 AM
ok, then ill reply on both topics.

SO when a "public person" says that, it's true for THEIR locale. Thats an assumption that the definition isnt being more general in the use of the word public. as that can be general. Also it should be noted that those cars can be imported to any country so they are available to the british public. And the poster didnt say his public, so your just assuming. Assumptions leave other possibilities. and those cars address the other possibility.

THE ULTIMATE CAR? I think the ultimate car would have to be a nice mercedes amg. i dont really care too much which one. But you get a practical car that performes great. And it may need to get serviced but from what ive been told the mercedes people tend to take care of you.

Wait, i change my mind. this is the ultimate car. I think they stole the idea from homer's car.

Matra et Alpine
09-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Thats an assumption that the definition isnt being more general in the use of the word public. as that can be general. Also it should be noted that those cars can be imported to any country so they are available to the british public. And the poster didnt say his public, so your just assuming. Assumptions leave other possibilities. and those cars address the other possibility.
Well you know what they asy abotu the word ASS--U--ME :)

it all goes back to the statement writne where a single ASSUMPTINO was voiced. THAT was being corrected by showing the alternatives. Just as you have recognised - as I did - that there were mutliple possibilities.

"The person who made the comment said, "The best cars that came out of America," meaning the best cars which were built in American. He didn't say anything about if they were available for export. How you came to that conclusion, I'll never know."

You take it up with Fleet :) he doesnt' like listening to me :D

THE ULTIMATE CAR? I think the ultimate car would have to be a nice mercedes amg. i dont really care too much which one. But you get a practical car that performes great. And it may need to get serviced but from what ive been told the mercedes people tend to take care of you.
Do all AMG cars come under Mercedes servicing ? Anyone know ??
Kind of gettign the extra performance and teh M-B service support sounds good, except US M-Bs don't have a great rep in recent years.

scottie300z
09-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Do all AMG cars come under Mercedes servicing ? Anyone know ??
Kind of gettign the extra performance and teh M-B service support sounds good, except US M-Bs don't have a great rep in recent years.

thats a good question. i would hope they would as they are sold by and under a warranty by mercedes.

ska57
09-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Ultimate car???? Hmmmmmm....how about a 1977 Trans Am (Smokey & the Bandit edition) with a '68 Race Hemi under the hood (680hp). Sounds nice? YES IT DOES.