PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited budget

Homem de Gelo
01-25-2004, 01:08 PM
What car would you mod if you had an unlimited budget?

baddabang
01-25-2004, 01:22 PM

unlimited budget huh? well all of them :D :D but if i had to pick one i think id actually take a older vw golf, surley not no damn honda civic :p

Smokescreen
01-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Either a 2002 Viper GTS or a 2004 Corvette Z06. theres alot you can do with 8 liters.

Egg Nog
01-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Unlimited budget? I would probably take the chassis of a Ferrari Enzo, an have everything else custom-made. Body shell, engine, tranny...everything.

mechanixfetch
01-25-2004, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't mod anything I'd just put so much pressure on Jaguar they'd have to sell me the only XJ13 in existance. Now that is a unique/sexiest ever car.

Egg Nog
01-25-2004, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't mod anything I'd just put so much pressure on Jaguar they'd have to sell me the only XJ13 in existance. Now that is a unique/sexiest ever car.

Can't afford the real thing? Go for a replica :)

http://www.ciltd.co.uk/Replica/xj13.htm

I must agree... that is a devastatingly good-looking machine.

Homem de Gelo
01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Unlimited budget? I would probably take the chassis of a Ferrari Enzo, an have everything else custom-made. Body shell, engine, tranny...everything.

What would you do with a car like an Enzo??? :confused:

hec16
01-25-2004, 08:53 PM
I would grab the engine of a ferrari enzo tune-up the engin to its maximun, the I would grab a Mercedez -Benz CL-600 put the engine and put a lot of more aerodynamics :o :D
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Egg Nog
01-25-2004, 09:34 PM
What would you do with a car like an Enzo??? :confused:

Well, it would only be the chassis of the Enzo, because it would make for a great platform. Everything else would be made to my specifications around that.

The only reason why I said the Enzo is because you asked us to pick any car to mod. It wouldn't count as modifying a car if I started from scratch :)

EDIT: I've changed my mind. I'll start with the chassis and powertrain of the BMW/Williams 2004 F1 entry :)

Batmobile_Turbo
01-26-2004, 09:06 AM
i'd put a ferarri V8 in the mid of an old VW GTI and turbocharge it, or maybe put a V12 into a corvette Z06.

Egg Nog
01-26-2004, 03:39 PM
i'd put a ferarri V8 in the mid of an old VW GTI and turbocharge it, or maybe put a V12 into a corvette Z06.

Actually, I like the idea of that sleeper. I think I'd take a Mazda 323, and do an entire chassis and powertrain conversion, with the engine mounted transversely where the back seats used to be.

The Lexus V8 tuned like Wally Larson's LE-1 Groundfighter, nestled nicely at around 2000hp. I'd get replicas made of the stock wheels, except larger, with extremely wide tires in the rear. This car would look as utterly stock as possible.

The custom exhaust's main outlets would be hidden underneath the sides of the car, except for a small portion looped out of the stock exhaust. Efforts would be made to keep the couple thousand horses as silent as possible, at least until it's under (relatively) hard throttle.

Who would suspect that?

Batmobile_Turbo
01-26-2004, 05:59 PM
i might also take a W12 and put it into a Lotus Esprit, or an Elise (if it would fit)

malihu
01-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I would extract the V12 575 Maranello engine. Next, I would open a hole, modify a Lotus elise and place the V12. And finally I would get the 650 Kg / 515 bhp (that's about 1.2 weight-power ratio) little roadster to go for a G test ;)

Egg Nog
01-28-2004, 06:07 PM
I would extract the V12 575 Maranello engine. Next, I would open a hole, modify a Lotus elise and place the V12. And finally I would get the 650 Kg / 515 bhp (that's about 1.2 weight-power ratio) little roadster to go for a G test ;)

Actually, a stock European Elise 111S tips the scales at 806kg. With the added weight of the Ferrari V12, it would be more than 900kg. Anyways, good luck making that engine fit :)

Batmobile_Turbo
01-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Actually, a stock European Elise 111S tips the scales at 806kg. With the added weight of the Ferrari V12, it would be more than 900kg. Anyways, good luck making that engine fit :)
a W8 would probably fit into an elise, but a W12 like i said i'd want before might not fit, W8s are pretty short but pretty wide.

Homem de Gelo
01-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Nah, I'd rather put two turbos on a 360 Modena than a V12 in an Elise. The Elise is too small, it would be a devil to drive with that much power.

Evil Ewok
01-29-2004, 04:09 PM
That's a hard question. But what I would do with an unlimited budget would be pay Lancia to get back into the groove of rallying. Pay for what ever expenses they need. Designing for car, funding for rally racing, driver payments. Everything. I would also ask for 2 Lancia Delta Integrales, one custom made to my liking for classic rally racing or other forms of racing, and a completely stock one. Since Lancia's are hard to come by in america, that seems like a good choice to me.

SPHFerrari
01-29-2004, 07:21 PM
i would take a reletively small car like a civic, take out its little fourbanger, and drop in a crate ford or chevy racing engine in the rear to turn it into a mid-engine. Id then put some nice ground effects on it. that would be great wouldnt it.

Matra et Alpine
01-29-2004, 07:31 PM
That's a hard question. But what I would do with an unlimited budget would be pay Lancia to get back into the groove of rallying.
They've been out for too long.
Do they even have a competition department any more ?
Give the moeny to Peugeot or Citroen they seem to be the most innovative in the WRC guidelines. If they could apply that in and unrestricted class they could produce some superb machines.
If Renault could learn the lessons from the 60s through 80s when they shared engine and chassis design across teams doing rallying, Le Mans and F1. The Renault F1 turbo can trace a lineage back to Alpine A110 turbo special and the later R5 Turbo 2 specials. With rumours that they'll return to WRC I'm awaiting some annoucnements :)

Matra et Alpine
01-29-2004, 07:34 PM
i would take a reletively small car like a civic, take out its little fourbanger, and drop in a crate ford or chevy racing engine in the rear to turn it into a mid-engine. Id then put some nice ground effects on it. that would be great wouldnt it.
For posing, drag strip or road use ?
Would sound nice.
Likely have terrible handling - that's a short wheelbase to put that much weight to the rear !! Either that or the driver's going to have a warm ass coz he/she will be sitting on the block !!
'Ground effects' ? do you mean bolt on plastic wings ?
Again, it's a short car, you'll struggle to get true "ground effects".
Tell me, do you think FF and 2F2F were the best movies ever ? :)

DiabloGTR
01-29-2004, 08:48 PM
I'd stick the W12 found in the Bentley Continental GT and stuff it in a Corvette, I'd also stick the Murciélago's V12 in the back of an NSX.
Put the SL 55 AMG's supercharged V8 in a M3.
Thats all I think of for now. ;)