PDA

View Full Version : Forza Challenge: Round 1

Esperante
07-05-2005, 04:06 PM
I'll admit. This is a brutal ripoff, but it's a a chance for us car freaks with xBoxes to get in on the fun.

For the sake of keeping an organized event, and for the sake of having an easy to follow, website wide scoring system, I copied Simpleton's rules and modified them for Forza's sake. Please don't accuse me of plagerzing, if I made up my own set then UCP would have two different, unusual and pointless rules sets.

-Each comp. starts Monday morning, ending Sunday at midnight.
-The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tires, modifications of the new comp.
-If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
-You will PM your best time to me.
-The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
-Take a picture of your time at the end briefing and enclose it in your PM. I trust everyone here has some way of getting it a computer, so this is mandatory
-If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.
-Scoring goes like this:
-1st place recieves 10 points.
-2nd place get 8.
-3rd gets 6.
-4th gets 4.
-5nd gets 2.
-Everybody else recieves 1 point.
-There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will recieve an additional 1 point.

First track will be Road America, in the 2005 Ford Mustang GT. No tuning is allowed, and you must run a stock setup. Suggested line is allowed, and you have the option of turning STM, TCS and ABS on or off. Good luck, and another bit of thanks to Simpleton, who came up with this brilliant rules set. :)

Sweeney921
07-05-2005, 04:10 PM
about time we had our own competition, and my copy of the game is on it's way from ebay :)

Esperante
07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
You're in for a treat. :)

scottie300z
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
do we do this in arcade mode or what? Cause if it is then i should probaly start playing arcade to unlock the tracks.

LTT
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Excellent. Now Road America isn't exactly my specialty, but I'll give it a go. And to be 100% sure, no tuning means no buying upgrades right? I generally think of 'tuning' as changing the various settings, though I suppose you can't do that without the professional upgrades.

LTT
07-05-2005, 04:42 PM
do we do this in arcade mode or what?

I think Hot Lap would be the best idea.

250 GTO
07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I think Hot Lap would be the best idea.
Same here.
p.s. Is there also going to be a Forza Photo comp?

Sweeney921
07-05-2005, 05:52 PM
You're in for a treat. :)
I've been counting the days it's been in the mail.

clutch-monkey
07-05-2005, 09:21 PM
count me in!

Suka
07-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, count me in. I'll try and do it some time today.

Suka
07-06-2005, 01:35 AM
Done, and now we wait.

Suka
07-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Same here.
p.s. Is there also going to be a Forza Photo comp?
I've wanted one for a while but it would be hard to get a decent picture unless you play your eggbox through the computer.

Pando
07-06-2005, 03:53 AM
A brilliant idea! Bring it on! :cool: Just btw I have no problems trusting people, but it's quite hard to control that everyone runs on stock setup sooooooooooooooo an easier (but waaaay more boring) option would be to use the preset time trials, where you can only drive with one car.

If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.Hmm... There are huge variations in skill an unrealistically fast lap for one might be a normal lap for another... If I may suggest we could use a time trial track every other week, just to check that the fastest people are still on top? In the long run possible cheaters will be caught eventually.

unless you play your eggbox through the computer.
Do you know what kind of cables etc do you need to get that to work? I'm interested in finding out...

clutch-monkey
07-06-2005, 03:57 AM
A brilliant idea! Bring it on! :cool: Just btw I have no problems trusting people, but it's quite hard to control that everyone runs on stock setup sooooooooooooooo an easier (but waaaay more boring) option would be to use the preset time trials, where you can only drive with one car.
Hmm... There are huge variations in skill an unrealistically fast lap for one might be a normal lap for another... If I may suggest we could use a time trial track every other week, just to check that the fastest people are still on top? In the long run possible cheaters will be caught eventually.

Do you know what kind of cables etc do you need to get that to work? I'm interested in finding out...
using the timerials is a good idea, maybe every 2nd week like you said

Suka
07-06-2005, 04:24 AM
No, i'm not entirely sure, but i have a friend on XBOX LIVE that records some games and we plan to do a comedy video too (should be fun), so i will ask him how he does it.

Pando
07-06-2005, 05:18 AM
No, i'm not entirely sure, but i have a friend on XBOX LIVE that records some games and we plan to do a comedy video too (should be fun), so i will ask him how he does it. Cool, thanx! :) I mean if you can get the xbox image onto your cpu screen, the possiblilities are endless! And to make comedy videos of videogames is a great idea, just like Red vs Blue for instance... :D

Suka
07-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Cool, thanx! :) I mean if you can get the xbox image onto your cpu screen, the possiblilities are endless! And to make comedy videos of videogames is a great idea, just like Red vs Blue for instance... :D
Exactly, have you seen the Jump Tactics spoof series by HollywoodHalo? if not you should check it out.
HaloGrid (www.halogrid.com)

Esperante
07-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Guys, I'm going to be in Cah-lee-fohn-ya for the next week so you get an extra week of driving.

-Doesn't matter what mode, whatever you feel is best and follows the guidelines.
-I will know an unrealistic time when I see one, I know there are several different skill levels of people but there's some points which are just not feasible. ;)

Pando
07-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Exactly, have you seen the Jump Tactics spoof series by HollywoodHalo? if not you should check it out.
HaloGrid (www.halogrid.com)
It was new to me! :) Thanks for sharing! :D There was two videos that i couldn't download and some had quite bad sound quality... also the update videos were just ok. But. Those jump spoofs were hilarious:
"...and I'm gonna jump to that rock formation over there in the horizon..." :D lol

Suka
07-07-2005, 01:03 AM
It was new to me! :) Thanks for sharing! :D There was two videos that i couldn't download and some had quite bad sound quality... also the update videos were just ok. But. Those jump spoofs were hilarious:
"...and I'm gonna jump to that rock formation over there in the horizon..." :D lol
Yeah, good stuff.

Suka
07-07-2005, 06:37 AM
So...what is going on with this comp then? Has someone taken over this week? Should we post our entries in the thread? Whats happening?

Pando
07-07-2005, 10:20 AM
So...what is going on with this comp then? Has someone taken over this week? Should we post our entries in the thread? Whats happening?
Good question. When I first read esperantes post I thought he meant that it's two weeks until the results show up... but now idunno... I'm really eager to race :D Right now I have a time that I'm sort of satisfied with, but I think I could take of a second or so yet, so I'll keep trying later. But I don't see the point in training for two weeks so IMO someone else could take over... Volunteers? Ideas?

Suka
07-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Hm...last day of racing apparently, and no one knows what is going on.

Pando
07-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Hm...last day of racing apparently, and no one knows what is going on.
I was just thinking that myself. So time to decide... We send the pics to Esperante now? or next sunday? or send them to you or someone else? If we choose someone than Esperante everyone might not get the message soon enough... hmmm...

Suka
07-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I was just thinking that myself. So time to decide... We send the pics to Esperante now? or next sunday? or send them to you or someone else? If we choose someone than Esperante everyone might not get the message soon enough... hmmm...
I've sent mine already. Maybe we should all post the pics and then someone else start the thread next week?

Pando
07-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I've sent mine already. Maybe we should all post the pics and then someone else start the thread next week?
Yeah, I just sent my aswell. If no one objects I could start the second comp on monday...? And we'll probably have to wait for the results of the first until Esperante returns, atleast I think that's the best way to do it.

Esperante
07-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Sorry, guys, I feel bad that I didn't give any more information. I just walked in and got others results, and to keep this on time I think I'll post the results on Sunday and get this whole thing back on track. In the meantime, keep driving. :)

scottie300z
07-14-2005, 04:51 PM
So i can still race on this track and be eligable just as long as its in by sunday?

Esperante
07-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Saturday. I'm leaving early Sunday. :(