PDA

View Full Version : fujimi curbsides

Digitor
07-06-2005, 04:12 AM
The other day i went to my local toy shop and to my surprise, they had got in some Fujimi kits. I'm still an inexperienced modeller compared to some of you others but from the hobby link japan site i knew that fujimi made some curbside models (no engine detail). When i checked the prices about half of the kits were $40 and the other half were $30 (Australian dollars). I assumed that the more expensive kits had more detailed engines but i was still not sure. I asked one of the staff and he offered to open up a kit to have a look. We ripped open a Lancer Evo V ($40 kit) and to my surprise it had no engine whatsoever.

I'm wondering how many fujimi kits contain engines. Are most or nearly all curbside kits? Is there any way to tell on the box?

On the hobbylink japan site it says that some are curbside. When i looked up that exact same Evo it said nothing about it being just a curbside kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have no experience with Fujimi kits.

Dino Scuderia
07-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Fujimi kits are curbside except for the Enthusiast series like the recently reissued Ferrari Daytona Spyder.

Digitor
07-06-2005, 04:51 AM
You mean to say that ALL Fujimi kits are curbside???

As in, every single kit that they make except the enthusiast series?

:eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Dino Scuderia
07-06-2005, 04:55 AM
You mean to say that ALL Fujimi kits are curbside???

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

Practically, and most Tamiya, Aoshima and Hasegawa's are too.

Fujimi's Enthusiast series were made in the late 80's/early 90's, they are not for beginners.

henk4
07-06-2005, 05:07 AM
and while we are at it, finding a properly fitting Fujimi curbside kit is pure luck, although I haven't tried their latest ones :)

Digitor
07-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Okay, maybe i'll stick with the trusty old Revell and AMT for a while!

Thanks guys :)

Dino Scuderia
07-06-2005, 05:47 AM
Building AMT and Revell will make you a better modeler quicker beacause they are imperfect, just don't allow yourself to become frustrated.

My motto: There is a lesson in every model.

henk4
07-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Building AMT and Revell will make you a better modeler quicker beacause they are imperfect, just don't allow yourself to become frustrated.

My motto: There is a lesson in every model.

but if you want Fujimis with an engine try to find some of their 1/16 scale kits, there is a beautiful 288GTO, the Porsche 959 was recently reissued and there is also a very nice Miura

Dino Scuderia
07-06-2005, 06:05 AM
but if you want Fujimis with an engine try to find some of their 1/16 scale kits, there is a beautiful 288GTO, the Porsche 959 was recently reissued and there is also a very nice Miura

Again, those are in the Enthusiast series.

henk4
07-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Again, those are in the Enthusiast series.

some of them were Otaki moulds but without the engine. I still have original Otaki Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale :)

Dino Scuderia
07-06-2005, 06:21 AM
some of them were Otaki moulds but without the engine. I still have original Otaki Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale :)

I know they are Otaki molds but I've never seen one boxed by Fujimi without an engine.

henk4
07-06-2005, 06:24 AM
I know they are Otaki molds but I've never seen one boxed by Fujimi without an engine.

I expressed myself poorly here, meant was an electic motor, which came with the Otakis

Dino Scuderia
07-06-2005, 06:28 AM
I expressed myself poorly here, meant was an electic motor, which came with the Otakis

Oh, okay, that makes sense.

henk4
07-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Oh, okay, that makes sense.

so when I built it properly I can have a selfpropelled Alfa Stradale, it can be joined by a motorised Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 910, which I paid ludicrous amounts of money for in a shop in Buenos Aires in 1988

byronleehk
07-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Fujimi is trying to improve.

Check this Lancia Stratos (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5985803385&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1) out, it's from their Enthusiast series with photo-etched parts ;)

Dino Scuderia
07-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Fujimi is trying to improve.

Check this Lancia Stratos (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5985803385&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1) out, it's from their Enthusiast series with photo-etched parts ;)

The only reason there is a Stratos Enthusiast kit is because the Stratos uses the Dino drivetrain...so Fujimi just repopped the engine parts tree from their old Dino Enthusiast kit to make this kit.

Digitor
07-07-2005, 05:03 AM
Are the enthusiast series heaps more expensive than regular Fujimis?

Dino Scuderia
07-07-2005, 06:05 AM
Are the enthusiast series heaps more expensive than regular Fujimis?

No, not if you get the reissued ones, but if you resort to Ebay or such to find the originals they are more. So far only the 1/16 scale kits and the Daytona Spider in 1/24 have been reissued.

henk4
07-07-2005, 06:12 AM
No, not if you get the reissued ones, but if you resort to Ebay or such to find the originals they are more. So far only the 1/16 scale kits and the Daytona Spider in 1/24 have been reissued.

If you are lucky you may find a few that are still carrying their original price, which is now quite comparable to what you pay for a new curbside kit