PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear in America?

runner06
07-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Just today my brother's friend told me that he saw Top Gear on tv last night so i looked in the tv guide book and sure enough it had top gear listed at 10:00 pm on the discovery channel. It wasn't listed for tonight so im guessing that it will be on once a week every wednesday. Unfortunatley i wont be around next week to see if it is on again but ill find out somehow. Obviously though the episode that was on wasnt the newest episode since my brothers friend told me it was the episode with the whole Exige and Hellicopter battle thing but none the less this would be awesome if top gear was consistently played in america for all of those people who cant or dont want to download it

Prius
07-07-2005, 06:34 PM
yes, it airs wednesdays at 10:00 on the discovery channel, what they do is they take clips from old shows and throw them together, but they specially tape the in studio parts for the American audiance.

gregvl52
07-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Meaning, no interviews and the anti-American comments magically disappear?

johnnynumfiv
07-07-2005, 07:11 PM
I think they just add in sub titles so people will know what the exchange rates are and who the people are, I don't think they film the things all over again.

Niko_Fx
07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I think they just add in sub titles so people will know what the exchange rates are and who the people are, I don't think they film the things all over again.

No, the subtitles are there to understand the British accent.

;)

my porsche
07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
oh my god that reminds me! my grandparetns kept having me translate in ireland, they coulndnt understand anyone! it was so annoying!

runner06
07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
additionally i hope the americans dont destroy the show with an excess of ads

gregvl52
07-08-2005, 12:13 AM
additionally i hope the americans dont destroy the show with an excess of ads

Well, there are going to have to be SOME ads, it's not the BBC... Taking out the interview would just about make it the correct length, I think.

johnnyperl
07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Meaning, no interviews and the anti-American comments magically disappear?
they still refered to the Apache's "soft American under-belly" ;)

I don't think they film the things all over again.
they film the talking bits in the studio over again.
in the first part of the first episode they explained The Stig, the lap time board, and the Exige was the first to post a time.

next time you make a thread search the forums first.