PDA

View Full Version : 18 certainly doesn't feel any different ;)

Egg Nog
01-26-2004, 01:23 AM
Well, today I hit the big one-eight and I got to thinking, what should I do to celebrate?

So, for all of the users out there that've already journeyed beyond this humble milestone, what did you do when you turned 18?

henk4
01-26-2004, 06:39 AM
Well, today I hit the big one-eight and I got to thinking, what should I do to celebrate?

So, for all of the users out there that've already journeyed beyond this humble milestone, what did you do when you turned 18?

Happy birthday again, and when I turned 18 it was time to get my drivers license, which took just over 4 months. Those were the days eh?

NoOne
01-26-2004, 07:37 AM
Happy B-day !!
Don't sweat the milestones, they're more hype than anything ... Here's a light-hearted look at my milestone history ...
16 , I can legally drive a car ... but I can't afford one, my folks are not the loaning sort and none of my friends have cars either, I do however still have my dirtbike ...I officially drive when I'm 17
18 ... I can now vote, but I know nothing of politics nor do I have a desire to learn, lets party and drink while the thrill of being underage is still with us !!
19 ... I can drink legally in Canada, I go out with friends get drunk in public, get thrown out of the bar and thrown into the drunk tank for the night ...thrill is definitely gone
21 ... can legally drink in the states, go to a bar called the "Late Show" (old movie house), friends and I get into a fight with some other guys, bouncers broke it up while taking their own cheap shots, everyone hurts too bad to care if we won or lost
23 ... left home to move in with long term girlfriend ...long term relationship goes south after several weeks , I move back home
27 ... move in with next girlfriend , things are awesome, we marry the next year
29 ... I have a son !!!
30 ... I have another son !!!
33 ... I have a daughter !!!
35 ...I join UCP forums !!!

Some milestones are important and some are way beyond that.

Matt
01-26-2004, 07:41 AM
I'm glad the average age seems to be higher here than it is over at supercars.net. I was really beginning to feel old over there - and I'm only 25!

Swissbeatz
01-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Happy birthday.
When I was 16 y.o. I was thinking about my 18 y.o. And the day of my 18 y.o. I was dreaming about my driving license, older girls (20-23) and many things.
But the day of my 18. It was like others days. Going to school and thinking about my 25 y.o. lol.

And now I'm 25 y.o. and it's like others days lol.