PDA

View Full Version : Forza Challenge: Round 2

Pando
07-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Ok, so now we have one week of intense driving behind us (right?)
But just because Esperante is out of town doesn't mean we get to rest just yet... ;) Some things have been rather confusing, but I reckon things'll clear up this week. Like suggested every other week the Forza challenge will be one of the time trials. We will continue off where the track is still warm from last weekend, Silverstone. It's "Time Trial 3" on the shorter Silverstone circuit with the TVR Tuscan R. Tuning isn't an issue since we will all be running on the same default setups and as usual you may turn your Suggested Line / STM / TCS / ABS on or off as you please.

-Each comp. starts Monday morning, ending Sunday at midnight. (we're a bit late, sorry about that, but we'll manage!)
-The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tires, modifications of the new comp. (we still havn't got the results in from the first week, but the winner of the second challenge chooses what we do in week 3)
-If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
-You will PM your best time to Esperante or me (either way we make sure they get where they belong)
-The one with the fastest time will be the winner. (you could never figure that out, right)
-Take a picture of your time at the end briefing and enclose it in your PM. I trust everyone here has some way of getting it a computer, so this is mandatory
-If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.
-Scoring goes like this:
-1st place recieves 10 points.
-2nd place get 8.
-3rd gets 6.
-4th gets 4.
-5nd gets 2.
-Everybody else recieves 1 point.
-There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will recieve an additional 1 point.
Let the games begin! :D
Good Luck!

Suka
07-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Great, well done, taking over the role of Esperante for a week.

Suka
07-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Right i am only in the house for the next three days this week so i am going to work hard on getting my time down. Anyone else even taking part??

Pando
07-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Right i am only in the house for the next three days this week so i am going to work hard on getting my time down. Anyone else even taking part??
I am! Lol! :D ...and I know Dul is aswell... and perhaps Clutch-Monkey? Anyone else?

The track is quite hard even if it is short, it's likely that most of us will have pretty even times... every second is valuable! :D It's even harder since you have to do one lap at a time!

scottie300z
07-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I think i will give it a shot. I dont really know how good i am at it, i havent really been able to compare how good i am w/ other people as almost all my friends have playstations. But i hope for a podium finish.

Esperante
07-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Great, we can get this going. :) You might have to do this subbing for me another week-I'm going to be an impromtptu trip to Ohio. (yay). ;)

Pando
07-15-2005, 12:25 AM
Great, we can get this going. :) You might have to do this subbing for me another week-I'm going to be an impromtptu trip to Ohio. (yay). ;)
Sure, I don't mind! If you're able you could squeeze in the results at some point... Are your trips business or pleasure? Or Both? :)

Esperante
07-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Well, my trip to San Francisco was just a vacation and my trip to Ohio is a volunteer relief thing for the poor people of Ohio. (I would feel bad if I lived there, too. ;)) But I'm only 15. ;)

scottie300z
07-19-2005, 09:06 AM
is the contest dead? i thought the results would have been up by now. just wondering.

Suka
07-19-2005, 09:10 AM
is the contest dead? i thought the results would have been up by now. just wondering.
Esperante seemed to fail to post the results, but Pando is going to create the round three thread.

scottie300z
07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
oh, i thought that pando was doing the round 2. im confused. oh well, hope it all gets sorted out.

Pando
07-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Sorry about the confusion, I got *some* of the results, but since I don't know how many/if any more Esperante got I sent all mine to him and we just have to wait for him to get back...