PDA

View Full Version : Progress: Ferrari Enzo

carsnut
07-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Underbody painted, engine being assembled, lots of ideas for modifications :confused: , looking for more pics(I'll try my best to make this enzo to the highest detail possible(especially the engine) :D . I've decided to go like this:

1. Plain body version
2. not too many modifications
3. Red exterior
4. Black interior with red accents
5. Challenge Stradale-like steering wheel(for a more racy feeling, maybe I'll even put those shift lights you usually find on F1 steering wheels)
6. MAYBE. put a trunk(although the trunklid won't open, just 4 fun :D) with all the stuff in it.
7. Red seat belts.
8. MAYBE. I'll try my very best to add the wiring to the engine, just like the real-life enzo.
9. I promise, I'll post some pics once I finish assembling the engine.

As this being my first model(Revell, Lvl 3), I hope to do my best on this, so don't be too suprised if there is no update for a while. But here's a small list of project cars I look forward to after the Enzo:

Ferrari 360 Spider
BMW Z8( I will convert to Alpina Roadster, maybe)
1953 Corvette(debut model)

scottie300z
07-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Good luck, so this is your first model ever? cant wait for pics.

man 430gt
07-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Ditto.

carsnut
07-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Update 7/14/05:

More options coming in. Engine must be rebuilt(again!) :mad: (need to redetail)heres some of my ideas:

1. Car will sorta be based on Maserati MC12 Competizione.
2. adding mini plaque to engine w/ my initials on it. ;)
3. prolly won't add spoiler, though(ran out after adding one to my mitsu evo)
will keep chrome wheels
4. make an exposed trunk(won't open, bummer)
5. try to build a roll cage from scratch(cheap one of either toothpicks or the plastic from the parts tree.don't have much $$$)
6. Ferrari horse on engine air cleaner may be replaced by a larger pipe connecting to an air vent being added to hood
7. still checking out more race cars. ideas inspired by:
Maserati MC12, ARTA NSX-R GT, Pagani Zonda LM, Ferrari F399-F2005, McLaren-Mercedes MP4-13 to MP4-20, Pagani Zonda F

So far the progress is very slow. Strict deadline is June 23, 2005.

PS. Inspired by a Picture of an Ferrari F2005 I found in F1 Magazine that had a black nosecone, I will add one, along with a veryveryvery tiny vent on the nose(found on some Formula 1 cars).

henk4
07-14-2005, 11:56 PM
So far the progress is very slow. Strict deadline is June 23, 2005.

oops...

Esperante
07-15-2005, 06:56 AM
LOL!!! :D

carsnut
07-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Chassis built, but theres problems w/ my camera. Can't find stupid driver to upload pics I took. Promise they'll be up soon :)