PDA

View Full Version : Best car-spotting ever!!!

dracu777
07-12-2005, 09:29 PM
On a recent trip to Zurich, I stumbled upon this. You can barely find any decent pictures of this car online, so how can I expect to see one in this condition in person. I was amazed. It is an OM, which I believe to be a Tipo 469 Sports Two-Seater (11.9 HP from a 1,496cc engine) from around 1921-1925. Correct me if I am wrong.

henk4
07-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Wow, nice encounter, I doubt their will be many OM experts in this forum, and actually only few who ever heard about the marque in the first place, so for the time being we can assume that your assertion about model and year of build is about correct. Apparently the car is in full running order with a Zurich license plate, so it will probably appear regularly on classic car venues in Switzerland.

johnnyperl
07-13-2005, 01:17 AM
i was going to say that there is a serious problem with the car but after i did some research i found that Magneti Marelli did exist back then, just. (started production in '20)

theres alot of money and many eccentric people so its not uncommon to see rare and unusual cars around town.

is that Fraumünster?

furious_fiero
07-13-2005, 01:19 AM
test...

johnnyperl
07-13-2005, 01:43 AM
test...
i guess he doesnt realize you can delete your own posts...

McReis
07-13-2005, 05:17 AM
I doubt their will be many OM experts in this forum, and actually only few who ever heard about the marque in the first place.

I did! My godfather had an old OM truck! :) Just like this one.

henk4
07-13-2005, 05:54 AM
I did! My godfather had an old OM truck! :) Just like this one.

I clearly said "MANY" experts, and claerly you belong to the happy "FEW" :D

McReis
07-13-2005, 07:27 AM
I clearly said "MANY" experts, and claerly you belong to the happy "FEW" :D

Have you guys read that? He called me an expert! The younger one makes me a mod, the older one calls me expert... I think the Melissens like me! :D

Why would I be an expert on such an obscure make? :) Well, I don't know much about OM's except that there aren't many models with that name, since OM soon became a group Fiat company. At a certain point there were even truck models named OM at some countries and Iveco at others, that were the same. OM became a 2nd plan badge for Fiat. That was the only way to sell the 3500 petrol-engined Cerbiatto truck without having a bad effect on Fiat's image. :D

dracu777
07-13-2005, 09:04 AM
johnnyperl: yes that is Fraumünster

dracu777
07-13-2005, 09:09 AM
I also spotted a Maserati Karif while there. One of only 221 built.

Matra et Alpine
07-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Have you guys read that? He called me an expert! The younger one makes me a mod, the older one calls me expert... I think the Melissens like me! :D

Why would I be an expert on such an obscure make? :) Well, I don't know much about OM's except that there aren't many models with that name, since OM soon became a group Fiat company. At a certain point there were even truck models named OM at some countries and Iveco at others, that were the same. OM became a 2nd plan badge for Fiat. That was the only way to sell the 3500 petrol-engined Cerbiatto truck without having a bad effect on Fiat's image. :D
phew, you SOUND like the UCP expert on OMs to me :)
5 more facts than anyone else knows !!!

Orefus
07-28-2005, 12:27 PM
over 1000 cc and only 11.6 hp, holy crap cars were bad back in the day.

BeanMachine
08-24-2005, 12:27 PM
bad but ingenious ;)