PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Talk Show host.

Prius
07-15-2005, 03:25 PM
post who you think is your favorite talk show host and post a picture of them. They can be dead, alive, current or past, It doesn't matter.

my favorite is Conan O'Brien (Duh!)

http://www.nbc.com/photos/Late_Night/Late_Night_with_Conan_O_Brien/1LCOaa03.jpg

www.nbc.com/conan

Rockefella
07-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Did you just discover Conan this week Prius?

BTW, my favorite is also Conan.

Spastik_Roach
07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
When I get a chance too I'll catch the David Letterman show and I like that, but for one I watch most often it'd have to be Rove..

http://www.lovehewitt.stopklatka.pl/big/imprezy/sydney_rove_live_2002_2.jpg

Here he is interviewing Jennifer Love Hewitt.

http://www.rovelive.com

Prius
07-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Did you just discover Conan this week Prius?

BTW, my favorite is also Conan.

no, ive been watching him since last fall.

Quiggs
07-15-2005, 03:35 PM
^^ I <3 JLH

Not really a talk show host per se, but Jon Stewart is the funniest man on television.

Esperante
07-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Conan, followed closely by Leno. ;)

Rockefella
07-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Agree w/ Esperante about the Leno bit as-well. The talk-show hosts on CBS suck. Carson Daly is by far the worst though.

Esperante
07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Agree w/ Esperante about the Leno bit as-well. The talk-show hosts on CBS suck. Carson Daly is by far the worst though.
Yes, I don't like Letterman at all.

Carson Daly can rip up a picture of the pope and nobody would care. I would rather watch infomercials than Carson Daly. I can't stand a minute of him. He tries so hard to be funny but is just a talentless hack and comes out bombing every single one of his jokes-the audience doesn't like him either. He tries to pull a Leno were he talks with a guitarist or someone to get out of a bomb and comes off looking like an idiot. His whole show is just imitating Leno and failing miserably. Worthless pile of crap.

h00t_h00t
07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Johnny Vegas had a sort-of talk show, does that count?

F1_Master
07-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Leno, then John Stewart.

Matra et Alpine
07-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Kenny Everett :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/kennyeverett/videoclips/video6.shtml
"Cupid Stunt" interview :)

Prius
07-15-2005, 05:43 PM

yeah Lenos good too, I liked his Michael jackson Sunscreen, but in the end, Conan just comes out funnier.

and yes, CBS talks hows suck

baddabang
07-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Leno, great host and owns over 80 classic cars and motorcycles.

PsychoChimp22
07-15-2005, 07:36 PM
I dont have to pick. Most night I....

11:00 - Daily Show (only in summer)
11:30 - Daily Show
12:00 - Letterman AND Leno. (I switch back and fourth depending on 1) comercials 2) hilarity 3) guests)
(Oh and the daily sho overlaps the stupid and usualy not funny jokes at teh begining of each show :p)
12:35 - Conan.
1:35 (or when conan stops being funny) - Jimmy Kimmel

-------------------------------

John Stewart: EXCELANT host, hes always origional and can turn the most boring talk into a hilarious quote.
Letterman: For me equal to Leno in goodness. Hes serious and has his own things he does sometimes which you catch on to after while making the "inside" jokes more funny.
Leno: ^^. Hes a little more energetic and goofy but he seems fake sometimes. (not that makes any difference to the discussion, he has an AWESOME car collection. Rides did a special on him, he drove the tank car around LA. LOL. /awesome)
Conan: Really funny, altho sometimes stale. He always does the exact same thing, his shows differ from the one before only because of the guest. Hes done some so-so episodes (i used to watch him alot) and some that are just priceless. (such as the carrot sana or the michael jackson post-case helecopter cam over his "convoy")
Kimmel: Old school drunk funny. Its perfect for the time its in. Good stuff but nothing special. (hey, its a hell of a lot better than that dude from taxi...)

Smithy
07-15-2005, 08:01 PM
i love leno :D

F1_Master
07-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Conan's story with Triumph is funny as hell though. Prius, surely you saw Triumph meets Star Wars nerds.

PsychoChimp22
07-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Conan's story with Triumph is funny as hell though. Prius, surely you saw Triumph meets Star Wars nerds.

HAHAHHA omfg, i sure did. One of the best skits ever. :D

targa
07-15-2005, 09:18 PM
no, ive been watching him since last fall.well, hes only been on for, what, 11 years now? you conan fanboy

conan is my fav aswell, but i have been watching for about 5 years, so its kind of different than prius'

F1_Master
07-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah. :D
"You are a hotdog"
"You are a geek."

The end with Spock was too funny.
I've seen a bunch.
Saw the Micheal Jackson one, Westminster one, as well as the Bon Jovi one.
All funny.

raylore
07-16-2005, 04:33 AM
What does Show Hosts Have to do with Ultimatw car Forum ?????????????

Ray Lore

6'bore
07-16-2005, 04:48 AM
Nothing, hence why it is in the Miscellaneous section :rolleyes:

RS6
07-16-2005, 10:59 AM
Jonathon Ross.

Rockefella
07-16-2005, 12:14 PM
well, hes only been on for, what, 11 years now? you conan fanboy

conan is my fav aswell, but i have been watching for about 5 years, so its kind of different than prius'
I've probably been watching 5-6 years too.

henk4
07-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Terry Wogan or David Frost

Acura/subarufan
07-16-2005, 12:40 PM
John stewart from the daily show is my favourite his show is hilarious

Rockefella
07-16-2005, 12:41 PM
John stewert from the daily show is my favourite his show is hilarious
I would put him in the same category as Leno, just marginally behind Conan but I don't watch his show all that often.

Jack_Bauer
07-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Terry Wogan or David Frost

They show Wogan and Frost in Holland?! :confused:

The only thing Wogan does these days on TV is the Eurovision Song Contest. :o Though his Radio 2 show is outrageously popular.

I think Frost has just retired from his Sunday morning political talk show, the last thing I've seen him on was Sky's "Greatest Sporting Legends" show, though what he has to do with sport God only knows! :rolleyes:

Prius
07-16-2005, 03:57 PM

oh yeah

''Whats these buttons do?"
"They help me breathe"
"which button do you push to call your mother to come pick you up"

and remember at the michael Jackson care

"on a scale of 1-10 how old do you think is michael's Boyfriend"

(to Michael jackson impersnater)

"do micheal singing"
"do michael moonwalking"
"no do Micheal masturbating during Home Alone"

henk4
07-16-2005, 11:35 PM
They show Wogan and Frost in Holland?! :confused:

We got BBC 1 and 2 over here via the cable. If I would mention a dutch guy only few people would know anyway. We also get to see Lettterman, Leno, Dr. Phil, and all those icons of US grotesqueness :D .