PDA

View Full Version : GT components

fpv_gtho
01-26-2004, 07:07 PM
I've got this situation here: one of my friends dad who lives on my street owns an original steel body, 1933 ford sedan hotrod. hes got a carb fed 302 in it and a 3 speed auto. my friend keeps saying that the engines had GT components done to it, but ive got no idea what he means, and he never expands on it and just says "its got GT components" so i reckon he hasnt got much of an idea either. he also reckons that the hot rod's done 300km/h which is utter BS as its a brick, i'd say it would be lucky to top 200km/h. so does anyone have a clue about what GT components are?

crisis
01-26-2004, 11:47 PM
I've got this situation here: one of my friends dad who lives on my street owns an original steel body, 1933 ford sedan hotrod. hes got a carb fed 302 in it and a 3 speed auto. my friend keeps saying that the engines had GT components done to it, but ive got no idea what he means, and he never expands on it and just says "its got GT components" so i reckon he hasnt got much of an idea either. he also reckons that the hot rod's done 300km/h which is utter BS as its a brick, i'd say it would be lucky to top 200km/h. so does anyone have a clue about what GT components are?
I think this guys exposed himself adequately. No idea. Like the people who used to go around saying certain Commodores had Brock motors. What the hell is that. Like a quarter race cam or racing pistons. A generalisation used in ignorance.

fpv_gtho
01-27-2004, 01:49 AM
well the Brock motor's a pretty good holden equivalent actually. my older brother reckons they were just the normal blocks but like with motorsport internals or something.

but if these GT components my friend keeps going on about are just like forged pistons, billet conrods, hollow camshaft, roller rockers etc. then i dont really see what all the fuss is about. sure those parts are good but he treats the damn engine in the hotrod like a god or something, same with the bloody C4 transmission in it.

today i remembered something hes always going on about. whenever the subject of tuning up an old falcon or something comes up, hes usually always screaming out "302 with GT components and C4 with a torque converter". today me and my twin brother brought it to his attention a torque converter was an essential part in your most basic of automatic transmissions and hes trying to act like its something you add on to them or something, then he tried to change his story without anyone noticing and started up saying "enhanced" torque converter. if you havent picked up yet, he really is an idiot, i should be typing this all in the automotive idiot story thread