PDA

View Full Version : Speed races so far

Classic Anycar
07-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Trans Am- Pretty good, but it was mostly Jaguar. They should do something to make the other cars more competitive. Wish they'd use modern cars too.

Speed GT- Great race. Cadillac messed up, and Corvette won. This is great, as Chevy is 29 pts. behind Caddy in the mfgs. championship.

ALMS- Lots of Porsche & LMPs, and now they're adding Porsche to the LMP class. Whoopie. Good race though. I especially liked the LMP coming out of the pits at the wrong time and hitting the Vette. Whoops!

Speed Touring Cars- Good race, though Galati didn't do well. I was hoping someone other than BMW, Acura, or Mazda would win. Galati seemed promising with a 10th place qualifying. Oh well, at least Acura didn't win. They've been dominant alot lately.

piston_burner
07-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Trans Am is lease by a group of investors/racers from the SCCA. They have done a okay job with the series. The golden chance to bring Trans Am back to the mainstream may come with release of the new retro styled Camaro. That will set up the classic Mustang versus Camaro rematch from classic era of the series. We would just need Chrysler to make a retro styled Cuda for the series.

As far the the Speed GT series, I have been enjoying it. I would like to see a tighter battle between many companies, not just GM.

American Le Mans Series is still suffering from Audi crushing the competition. Other teams win only when they break or wreck. Corvette wins are getting old in GT1. I was hoping the Maserati and Saleen would be given more freedom. I know Saleen dominated when they first ran in the series, but I feel like they were restricted to much after winning the championship. Panoz is making a good effort in GT2, but it is still a parade of 911s winning.

Speed Touring Cars - never been a big fan of weight systems for slowing the fastest cars, but it is hard to argue with some of the great racing from this series. It is nice to see BMW, Acura, Mazda all battling it out. One of the most best series to watch.