PDA

View Full Version : Making Computers

Orefus
07-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Anyone here know how to make computers, i know somewhat about them, but id like to learn how to make them. Can anyone help me out.

TheOne
07-17-2005, 08:16 PM
well i know how to build'em, its pretty easy since everything fits in 1 way only(cept for the cpu's, those have to go a specific way which is mentioned on their guide), its like this, you just can't go wrong where everything fits cause everything is shaped to fit 1 place.

the hard part would be picking good hardware at good price.
installing windows is also easy too.(or linux)

Orefus
07-17-2005, 08:54 PM
you think i can make money by makin custom pc, and selling them to people?

my porsche
07-17-2005, 08:56 PM
i think you should just get a real job

Niko_Fx
07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Anyone here know how to make computers

You need like chips and stuff.

;)

If you don't know how to do them nor have idea of what pieces to buy then no...

Try to find an area related to anything that you have experience with or that isn't hard to get used to / learn.

Matra et Alpine
07-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Depends on how gullible people who you would sell to are.
If it's SO easy that you can do it with no knowledge or experience then they could do it for themselves !!

IF you dont' know about computers or electronics then you will have problems when there are faults. Defective equipment will be supplied at SOME time to you. Being able to identify it may not be simple. So you can VERY easily lose ALL your "profit" in one memory module or disk drive or graphics card.

Can you afford to setup an electro-static-discharge free zone for "manufacturing" ?
What about anti-static storage and handling of components in the delivery chain ?

I've taught it to many kids over the years as part of their extended schooling.
BUT only one has mamaged to make money out of it and most of them don't keep up to date enough to keep selling 'thier' PCs or they got their hands burnt with a bad batch and irate customers. The one who is succesful has gone for a "niceh" of VERY high performance and good looking and mods his cases for customers. Finding a niche like that is one way to 'survive'

There IS no "easy buck" only "gullible customers". If you can find enough of the latter then you might be able to do it.

IWantAnAudiRS6
07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Best thing to do is get hold of a used Alienware case or 3 and put crap parts in and sell them as nearly-new Alienwares. Amazing profit.

SlickHolden
07-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Anyone here know how to make computers, i know somewhat about them, but id like to learn how to make them. Can anyone help me out.
I have built 3 of my own it's not to tuff the parts are the easy part it's the wireing that can get a little hard when there are no directions to go by:D

This would be the hardest thing, My friend lasted all of 3 weeks doing it.
He built 7 PC's and made $600. And today they still come back with probelms to him it's a pain in the arse:p