PDA

View Full Version : Forza Challenge: Round 3

Pando
07-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Ok, to challenges behind us, still no results. :rolleyes: But this is not the time to get frustrated, but the time to look forward... to the third challenge! :D

Just to repete the rules....

-Each comp. starts Monday morning, ending Sunday at midnight.
-The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tires, modifications of the new comp.
-If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
-You will PM your best time to Esperante or me
-The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
-Take a picture of your time at the end briefing and enclose it in your PM. I trust everyone here has some way of getting it a computer, so this is mandatory (or if you have any problems with this, just hit me with a personal message)
-If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.
-Scoring goes like this:
-1st place recieves 10 points.
-2nd place get 8.
-3rd gets 6.
-4th gets 4.
-5nd gets 2.
-Everybody else recieves 1 point.
-There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will recieve an additional 1 point.

This week I gave Dul the chance to choose a track and car, since we still have no officcial winner. But we will soon. :)
Also this might be Dul's only chance to pretend he's won... (just kidding) ;)
Without further adieu:

The track, found from the main menu to Free Run -> Hot Lap, is Sunset Peninsula Infield (nice choise, btw)

The car is the GTS class' Mercedes # 3 CLK-DTM, that is one of the default cars.

No tuning allowed.

Do your worst.
I mean best.

and if you havn't participated in the earlier comp's now is the perfect chance to start, new drivers are always welcome! :)

clutch-monkey
07-19-2005, 03:20 PM
i'll probably compete (badly) this week so at least you guys have someone you know you can beat

Birdman
07-19-2005, 06:19 PM
hmmm I might start this week.

dul
07-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Also this might be Dul's only chance to pretend he's won... (just kidding) ;)
You wish, this time I will win. :) Kiitos nyt tostakin...

Pando
07-20-2005, 01:30 AM
i'll probably compete (badly) this week so at least you guys have someone you know you can beat

hmmm I might start this week.
You are both very welcome to try and hey, what do you got to lose! (no wait, you might ruin MY chances to get the big points!! :D ) Don't worry about being bad or good it's all for fun anyway! :) And great practice, at least now I'm pretty familiar with the tracks in the first two challenges...

Pando
07-20-2005, 01:31 AM
You wish, this time I will win. :) Kiitos nyt tostakin...
BRIIING IT OOOON!!! ;)

Pando
07-21-2005, 10:05 AM
hmm... i havn't even had the time to try yet, been busy working and the weekend looks quite busy aswell... NOOO! But surely I can squeeze in a lap or two...

Hyoctane
07-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Me too....
No tuning means, no changing settings(such as suspension, downforce... etc).. correct?

Or does it mean that you are not allowed to put "aftermarket" parts on the car?

Thanx,

Craig

Pando
07-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Me too....
No tuning means, no changing settings(such as suspension, downforce... etc).. correct?

Or does it mean that you are not allowed to put "aftermarket" parts on the car?

Thanx,

Craig
It means that neither is allowed, for now atleast. Obviously we could arrange challenges that would allow upgrades and/or tuning, but there's a chance that it would become a tuning competition rather than a driving- one. Myself I don't have a problem with that either, but it could discourage new players from joining. Ultimately it's for upcoming winners to decide. :)
Welcome to UCP, by the way and feel free to try the challenge! :)

2ndclasscitizen
07-22-2005, 01:57 AM
right its go time, i'm pretty good at that track

2ndclasscitizen
07-22-2005, 02:12 AM
how do you put pics in a PM?

Pando
07-22-2005, 11:13 AM
how do you put pics in a PM?
You have to upload them somewhere first, then put THAT link inside 'IMG'-tags... If you don't have any place to upload the pic too just send me a PM and I'll give u my mail so that you can mail it to me...

2ndclasscitizen
07-22-2005, 06:19 PM
cool thanks, PM away

Sauc3
08-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Is this still on? I wouldn't mind participating, as I have Forza but not GT4.