PDA

View Full Version : The UCP Debate thread ROUND 1

my porsche
07-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Ok, the rules:

-you will present an argument for your side and against the other side
-you will receive a point for every good point you make
-you may not make derogatory comments about either the members on one side or the option they have chosen
-you may not curse, you will recieve -2 points for every time you curse
-every post will be an opposing viewpoint i.e. one for one side then the next post is for a differnt thing, after one post has been made a member with the same viewpoint may not post until an opposing view has been made
-any rules needed after this will be created on the spot and no penalty will be given for the original incident
-i will either make the new thread or if i cannot hand it off to a certain person each week, you will have five days exactly to the hour to debate your topic
-from the onset you will identify yourself as pro or anti followed by your position and why
-i (or whoever is moderating) will remain neutral not only in giving points but also will not get into the debate
-i (or my stand in) will nominate someone to make this weks topic

this weeks topic: (was going to be i.e v. FF, but i dont think we could come up with 5 days worth or debate) very basic topic, but im sure it could go on for a while

Should students in public schools be made to wear uniforms?
Go, five days.

Mustang
07-19-2005, 03:03 PM
there is no telling if they could or couldnt be provented ... ;)

my porsche
07-19-2005, 03:04 PM
ok ill change the subject i was hard pressed to think of something that hasnt been done, so ill change it dont worry

Mustang
07-19-2005, 03:06 PM
ok ill change the subject i was hard pressed to think of something that hasnt been done, so ill change it dont worry

lol that was just a joke to stop your thread in its paths :p

carry on without me if you want

matek
07-19-2005, 03:08 PM
it gives the school identity :eek:

no dont agree with what the schools say

my porsche
07-19-2005, 03:11 PM
ok it is changed could you guys delete or edit your posts to fit the topic? :D

matek
07-19-2005, 03:18 PM
he he

no rebel against the system dont let the schools brain wash us :D

now the other side

it keeps order and it looks smart

ha ha the school one sounds bit gayish

my porsche
07-19-2005, 03:20 PM
ok then what do you suggest?

how about i make the threads and moderate and someone else makes the topic, this weeks topic maker, matek

d-quik
07-19-2005, 05:14 PM
HAHAHA way to take my idea MP :)

BTW there was an awesome post u made in the biggest flop thread

Anyways, your rules are kind of flawed

ie. What constitutes "cursing"

also for ...you will receive a point for every good point you make...what constitutes a "good" or "bad" point

my idea simply isn't polished enough to go forward. if it begins prematurely itll become like 2 noobs speaking foreign languages yelling at each other.

my porsche
07-19-2005, 05:26 PM
ok well i dont take credit, i guess i should have made that more clear, and you like my post? probably my best ever, thanks :D

cursing i would say anything not allowed on public televsisiong

i.e.

shit
piss
cunt
cock sucker
mother ****er
tits
fart
turd
twat
ass
dick
pussy
hoe
bitch
mofo

any combination thereof

yeah the points thing is flawdd

Rockefella
07-19-2005, 05:34 PM

i.e.

shit
piss
cunt
cock sucker
mother ****er
tits
fart
turd
twat
ass
dick
pussy
hoe
bitch
mofo

any combination thereof
LMAO, the effort he put into that!
:p

Matra et Alpine
07-19-2005, 05:37 PM
ok well i dont take credit, i guess i should have made that more clear, and you like my post? probably my best ever, thanks :D

Yeah but just wait a minute WHO's "public television" ?

Bible-belt ?
New York ??
Glasgow ???

And I woudknt' say TV is the best arbiter.
hell you can KILL someone on TV and they'll glorify it, but hell dont' DARE say "arse" on American TV or all hell lets loose :D

Watching American's come on Jonathan Ross is priceless :)

my porsche
07-19-2005, 05:46 PM

Bible-belt ?
New York ??
Glasgow ???

hell you can KILL someone on TV and they'll glorify it, but hell dont' DARE say "arse" on American TV or all hell lets loose :D

ok we'll just go with innapropriate words in school...thats universal right? nothing worse than damn or hell?

kko
07-19-2005, 06:25 PM

Bible-belt ?
New York ??
Glasgow ???

jokes on you !
we can say ass and kill people! :p

my porsche
07-19-2005, 07:22 PM
LMAO, the effort he put into that!
:p
except for the last few its a blink 182 song

Spastik_Roach
07-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Young adults should be allowed to express their own style provided it is reasonable and not offensive to anyone else.

targa
07-19-2005, 08:13 PM
well, i think i could deal with a uniform of the girls' uniforms look like the classic "catholic school girl" uniform...

my porsche
07-19-2005, 08:17 PM
only if they were short plaid skirts and tight white tank tops hahahaha

targa
07-19-2005, 08:21 PM
only if they were short plaid skirts and tight white tank tops hahahahamaybe the tanktop is a little far fetched....but i do love a girl in a plaid skirt....so it that was the deal, i would not mind uniforms

taz_rocks_miami
07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
This doesn't sound much like a debate you guys...more like a school hormone driven conversation :)

my porsche
07-19-2005, 08:31 PM
honk if youve got hormones! beep beep!

we're pubescent(right word?) teenage boys, what do you expect? :p

taz_rocks_miami
07-19-2005, 08:34 PM

Beep, beep!!

Like I said, not much of a debate :D

my porsche
07-19-2005, 08:35 PM
haha hey dude chcck your inbox from a few days ago cant remember if i sent one or not

yup hormones a'plenty at my school

Spastik_Roach
07-19-2005, 08:40 PM
We don't need to know about the hormones at your school :)

targa
07-19-2005, 09:08 PM
i dont have any real crosswords for or against the whole scholl uniforms thing....if i have to wear one...ooh ****ing well....i only have one more year in high school....and i dont mind it if i dont....all one big cry for help from those hormonal teens as were mentioned earlier, i believe in reguards to myself...but whatever

my "argument" to this matter - if you are subject to school uniforms, dont bitch and moan about it, they arent going away, and if they do, it wont be the whole basket of candy you expect

if you arent subject to them, dont bitch and moan if they come about in your district....it isnt that bad..."oh, im not individual now"...shut the hell up. now that you have uniforms maybe you might have to start determining your individualness by your personality...

those arent attacks at anyone, incase i hit a nerve that i didnt mean to

and if you are subject to them, maybe you will get to enjoy some girls running around in those plaid skirts as i mentioned earlier :D

there, i think i covered all my bases

henk4
07-19-2005, 11:44 PM
The big advantages of school uniforms is that everybody has to look the same regardless the backgorund and the wealth of the parent. It puts a very effective brake on the hype on wearing fancy/expensive shoes/clothes that only few people can afford and still become "the thing to have". In the cruel world of children those who don't have "that thing" are deemed to be outcasts, not belonging to the group, and will start blaming their parent(s) for not supplying them with the latest trendy stuff. To not belong to the group is about the worst that can happen to a child, so parents mostly give in (experience talks), but you end up spending thousands of dollars (or whatever currency) just to follow this fashion fallacy.
When everybody has to look the same this aspect will move to after school times only.
As a next subject I would propose the issue that traffic would be much safer if everybody would be driving the same car in the same colour. (White Honda Civics automatics, governed to 90 miles as an example). Taking away picking orders and Autobahn hiercharchy will improve the quality of traffic.

shockwaveracing
07-20-2005, 12:44 AM

not everyone here is pubescent, young'un...

kids should have a uniform, they have plenty of time to rebel against society and wear their own clothes, when they are out of school...

and for the image concious little spring chickens out there, ie women, you don't have that TERRIBLE bother, of wearing a piece of clothing more than once and then not being able to wear it again coz all your peers would have seen it... if you all wore the same thing you wouldn't have the catwalk queens and the mole-patrol skanks wandering around school in whatever attire they choose to like...

generally school uniforms are going to be cheaper than the clothes kids wear when they are outside of school so there is a benefit to the parents (whether they be money concious or tightwads, is a matter of opinion)...

McReis
07-20-2005, 03:36 AM
As a next subject I would propose the issue that traffic would be much safer if everybody would be driving the same car in the same colour. (White Honda Civics automatics, governed to 90 miles as an example). Taking away picking orders and Autobahn hiercharchy will improve the quality of traffic.

:D:D:D I totally agree. It makes sense. But can you change that to white 316i? It would be less painful. :D

my porsche
07-20-2005, 05:11 AM
not everyone here is pubescent, young'un...

i was mor refferring to me and targa :D