PDA

View Full Version : DBR9 on Top Gear

Niko_Fx
07-19-2005, 07:06 PM
The video is hosted on the rapidshare site... I know it's a bit annoying, but if you haven't seen it you must download it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3103963/TopGear_AM_DBR9.wmv.html

Awesome!

M3_E30
07-19-2005, 07:19 PM
i saw that vid the other night, that car is seriously wild and seriously fast. pure wickedness!!!

pimento
07-19-2005, 11:04 PM
mmYea... it's pretty quick.. I guess..

:D

Still, it looks like a deep-sea fish from the front.

M3_E30
07-20-2005, 01:16 AM
well a pagani zonda is not slow and it got 1:29 seconds then thr dbr9 chops 20 odd seconds of that and it is not along track either.

P3RG4R3C
07-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Yes, it's REALLY fast. Anyone who haven't seen it will be banned. :p

Tuscan666
07-20-2005, 02:12 AM
Amazing car. It has to be the most sexy racer of today!

Matra et Alpine
07-20-2005, 02:18 AM
Why oh WHY didn't Aston let them take the other one on track.

i might have bought one at that price :)

Mustang
07-20-2005, 02:49 AM

i think it would be so much better if they got the new stig to go out in the top few supercars that the old stig went in as when he re-did the murcielago he chopped like 2 seconds of old stigs time. i well think the koenigsegg is faster than the F430, but according to TG its not

clutch-monkey
07-20-2005, 02:52 AM
i think it would be so much better if they got the new stig to go out in the top few supercars that the old stig went in as when he re-did the murcielago he chopped like 2 seconds of old stigs time. i well think the koenigsegg is faster than the F430, but according to TG its not
maybe the f430 has an advantage on the tg track? maybe its better suited to the track

Matra et Alpine
07-20-2005, 04:02 AM
Whilest the 'new' Stig's times do seem to be consistently faster I'm not one that immediately buys into the "'new' Stig is better" line.
Different days, different conditions.
AND different tyres, differnet fuels and possibly different setups.
Things move on with time and it's jsut possibel that the newer Murc WAS 2 secs a lap faster on the day regardless.
Top racing drivers are well-practised at finding the best lines and lapping till they've got the optimum.

Cotterik
07-20-2005, 06:33 AM
that car is the oppitamy of sexyness.

Niko_Fx
07-20-2005, 07:14 AM

You mean the DBRS9? I thought the same, would love to see its time around the track.

6'bore
07-20-2005, 08:53 AM

I would have loved to have seen the Ferrari test driver that JK was keeping up with do some laps, see what times he could have got.

Matra et Alpine
07-20-2005, 09:11 AM
I would have loved to have seen the Ferrari test driver that JK was keeping up with do some laps, see what times he could have got.
The test driver was show-boating it.
Just as Needell does when he does his laps on 5th gear.
Quite often you see FAR too much initial input to the wheel, clearly intended to make the rear step out and lose traction.
Great for the TV coverage and JCs ego, but ........ :)

Coventrysucks
07-21-2005, 05:48 AM
oppitamy

Epitome?

Anyway - why'd they just chuck the time?

What happened to the board of non-legal car times that the F1 car and Radical SR3 went on?

UCR
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Epitome?

Anyway - why'd they just chuck the time?

What happened to the board of non-legal car times that the F1 car and Radical SR3 went on?
.......And the Harrier.