Matt
01-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Subaru WRX STi Prodrive #8

Matt
01-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Subaru WRX STi Prodrive #9

Matt
03-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Subaru’s fastest and most powerful Impreza ever – the WRX STi ‘WR1’ – is about to enter dealer showrooms, with more than half of the 500 limited run already spoken for.

The special edition Impreza WRX STi celebrates Petter Solberg winning the Driver’s Title in the 2003 World Rally Championship. It features a power upgrade to 320 PS plus a host of technical and visual upgrades and costs £29,995 on-the-road.

First unveiled in January at the ‘Autosport’ show, the Prodrive-developed ‘WR1’ has just received official Subaru (UK) engineering approval after recording the best performance figures ever for a road-going UK-spec Impreza.

Only 4.25 Seconds To Reach 60 mph

For example, 60 mph is reached in an astonishing 4.25 seconds with the 0-100 mph time at an equally impressive 10.67 seconds. Prodrive technicians also logged a quarter mile time of 12.8 seconds while the top speed is limited to 155 mph.

By comparison, the ‘standard’ 265 PS Impreza STi is quoted with a 0-60 mph time of 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 151.5 mph.

Peak power for the ‘WR1’ is 320 PS at a relatively low 5,800 rpm, with maximum torque or pulling power of 309.8 lb.ft at 4,000 rpm.

The ‘standard’ STi produces 265 PS at 6,000 rpm and 253 lb.ft torque at 4,000 rpm while the optional Prodrive-developed Performance Pack liberates 305 PS and 299 lb.ft torque at the same revs and reaches 60 mph in 4.6 seconds and 100 mph in 12.2 seconds.

Other test track statistics see the ‘WR1’ shaving 0.7 seconds off the STi’s 30-50 mph time in 4th gear – down to 4.0 seconds – and 0.8 seconds off the 50-70 mph time in 5th – now 4.6 seconds.

Finally, illustrating its supercar-like performance, the new ‘WR1’ boasts an 80-100 mph time of a staggering 3.6 seconds in 4th gear and 6.5 seconds in 6th (4.6 and 7.8 seconds for the 265 PS STi).

The ‘WR1’s extra power and torque are achieved thanks to a revised engine control unit (ECU), high-flow catalyst and sports silencer.

Driver-Selected Torque Split Tailors Handling Balance

Also guaranteed to excite enthusiasts is a driver’s control centre-differential (DCCD) via a switch mounted next to the handbrake.

It means the torque distribution between front and rear wheels can be manually selected. This allows the choice, for example, between a sharper cornering turn-in or more stable straight-line running. The system defaults to ‘automatic’ mode whenever the ignition is restarted.

Also new for the ‘WR1’ are special, Prodrive-developed uprated springs and bump-stops with a 25 mm lower ride-height.

Special Wheels, Body Colour And Interior

Other handling-enhancing features include 18 ins diameter P-FF7 (Prodrive Flow Forming seven-spoke) alloy wheels with 225/45 Pirelli PZero tyres.

Externally, the new ‘WR1’ is instantly recognisable thanks to its new Ice Blue Metallic paint plus driving lamps and a stainless steel mesh grille.

Interior changes include anthracite instead of blue suede-effect seats, a special gear knob, imaged carpet mats and a tax disc holder engraved with the special edition number.

Features shared with all Impreza WRX STi’s range from a six-speed gearbox to Brembo brakes and front and rear ‘Suretrac’ differentials.

Matt
03-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi WR1 #2

Matt
03-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi WR1 #3

Suka
03-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Now that is what its all about. I love the Subaru's always pick one over a Lancer. My dads work partner had both but sold the Subaru for a Mitsubishi Warrior. :confused:

Pimp racer
03-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Man i think that the subaru is the best performance for the price range.

Niko_Fx
03-15-2004, 05:41 PM
I wish I had one.... Thanks for the pics Matt.

whiteballz
03-19-2004, 03:01 AM
nice car, still prefer the 22B, 0-100kph 4 flat. cant remember the other specs, but the fastest production subie ever, and i think it is the best subaru model out there.

McLareN
07-22-2005, 01:41 PM
First, the Impreza WRX STi

SUBARU IMPREZA® WRX® STI® RESTYLED FOR 2006 300-hp Supercar Gains AWD Enhancement and New Safety Technology

CHERRY HILL, N.J., July 21, 2005 – Subaru of America, Inc., America’s all-wheel drive leader, has restyled its Impreza line for 2006 and in addition given the all-conquering 300-horsepower WRX STI model several performance enhancements. On the safety front, all Impreza models gain the new dualstage Subaru Advanced Airbag System.
Following an interior redesign for 2005, all Impreza models have been restyled for 2006 to reflect the new brand identity. The new Subaru signature front-end design for Impreza features a three-section mesh-type grill inspired by the company’s aircraft heritage, plus boldly styled headlights with smoke-tinted lenses.

All 2006 Impreza models are also identified by a new tail lamp cluster design.
The 2006 WRX STI is also distinguished by the lower-profile hood scoop from the standard WRX to aid forward visibility. Daytime running lights (DRL) are added to the safety roster to make the WRX STI more visible to other drivers. A new roof vane spoiler, inspired by the Impreza World Rally Championship competition car, contributes to stability at track speeds and reinforces the car’s highperformance attitude.
The WRX STI received several significant chassis performance enhancements for 2005, including wider wheels. For 2006, the addition of a steering sensor input to the DCCD All-Wheel Drive system enhances power distribution response by more accurately relaying the car’s cornering situation.
The WRX STI is based on the Impreza WRX platform but is completely re-engineered to provide even higher levels of acceleration, handling and braking performance that challenge the world’s best sports cars. In its first year, the WRX STI won Road & Track magazine’s “Best Car 2004” Reader’s Choice
Award, edging out several dedicated(?) sports cars, including the Porsche® 911® GT3.

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Release / 2 The Impreza WRX STI is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.5-liter DOHC boxer engine producing 300 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 300 lb-ft. of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. Teamed exclusively to a 6-speed manual transmission, the engine can propel the WRX STI from zero-to-60 mph in under five seconds. Power is transferred to all four wheels by a sophisticated Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system with Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) to optimize performance in all conditions.
Rally Tested, Road Ready The WRX STI draws motorsports technology directly from Subaru expertise in World Rally Championship (WRC) competition and is designed to appeal to the most serious driving enthusiasts. STI
stands for Subaru Tecnica International, the high-performance and motorsports subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
In its exterior design, Impreza WRX STI leaves no doubts about its performance potential – a look that is equally functional. The scoop in the aluminum hood feeds outside air to an intercooler that is significantly larger than the intercooler used on WRX models. The dual-plane rear spoiler – which
appears to be borrowed directly from the Impreza World Rally Car – helps reduce lift and improve stability at track speeds. An aerodynamic underbody cover and the new roof vane spoiler contribute to enhanced high-speed track stability. Airflow is also managed via front side spoilers on the front bumper
and STI-design aerodynamic side ground effects.

The front fascia features a four-beam headlight system with high-intensity discharge (HID) low beams. Distinctive STI fog light insert covers add to the no-nonsense look. Large diameter Brembo® brakes are clearly visible between the spokes of the 17-inch lightweight aluminum-alloy BBS® wheels.
300-Horsepower Turbo Legend The 2.5-liter horizontally opposed (Boxer) 4-cylinder engine is based on a specially reinforced semiclosed deck engine block with forged aluminum-alloy pistons, forged high-carbon steel onnecting rods and sodium-filled exhaust valves. The Subaru Active Valve Control System (AVCS) variable valve timing technology helps provide strong torque characteristics throughout the engine’s operating range.
The turbocharger produces 14.5 psi of maximum boost compared to 13.5 in the standard WRX. The large capacity intercooler uses a manually operated water spray feature to enhance intercooler efficiency during high-performance driving. 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Release / 3
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive With Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD)
The Impreza WRX STI is equipped with the brand’s most performance-directed Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system featuring Driver Control Center Differential (DCCD). A planetary center differential provides a performance-oriented 35 percent front / 65 percent rear power split. Set in automatic mode, the electronically managed continuously variable transfer clutch can vary the torque distribution ratio as needed to suit driving and road-surface conditions.

Automatic mode provides the best all-around performance for most drivers and circumstances, varying the front/rear torque distribution automatically depending on driving conditions and driver input. The system determines the ideal power distribution in response to vehicle acceleration, deceleration, steering angle, cornering force and wheel slippage.
In manual mode, DCCD allows the driver to vary the front-to-rear torque distribution (up to 50/50 maximum) to optimize All-Wheel Drive performance for varying driving conditions. The driver first selects manual mode with a console-mounted button and then turns a thumbwheel on the center console to select from among six levels of center differential locking. Increasing the lock factor keeps more power at the front wheels, which the driver might want in certain driving conditions, on particular roads or to suit an individual driving style.

McLareN
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
A helical-type limited-slip front differential and mechanical clutch-type limited-slip rear differential help to optimize power distribution side-to-side, helping to ensure that the inside wheels don’t slip during cornering.
Competition-Bred Chassis A super-stiff Ring Frame Reinforced body structure with a hydroformed front subframe provides the foundation for the high-integrity Impreza platform. Compared to the standard WRX models, the WRX
STI is lowered by 0.4-inch to help yield a lower center of gravity. The 4-wheel independent suspension inherits technology from the Impreza WRC competition car, but has been strictly optimized in the WRX STI for high cornering performance on paved roads.
Inverted struts used for the front and rear suspension increase bending resistance for quicker and more consistent performance under hard cornering. A rally-derived variation on the MacPherson-type strut, the inverted strut essentially functions like a conventional shock absorber set upside-down and encased by another tube. The strength of the outer steel tube bears the brunt of bending forces acting upon the strut 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Release / 4 under cornering, rather than the internal piston rod. The piston rod operates in the lower portion of the strut tube rather than the upper section.
The secondary upper tube mounts to the inner fender where the piston rod would mount in a conventional strut. The piston’s stroke remains consistent during hard cornering, helping to maintain the ideal tire-toroad surface contact pattern for increased traction and cornering power.
Aluminum front suspension lower control arms and aluminum rear suspension lateral links reduce unsprung vehicle weight. The standard BBS light-alloy wheels measure 17 x 8-inches and are equipped with 225/45 ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE070 directional performance tires.
The quick-ratio steering system yields 2.6 turns lock-to-lock, and the steering rack uses a “cannon mount” for greater rigidity that improves on-center response. A damper valve helps reduce kickback that the increased rigidity might cause. Brembo Brakes with Super Sport ABS Subaru equipped Impreza WRX STI with one of the most advanced and performance-optimized braking systems on the market today. The powerful Brembo Performance Brake System employs ventilated 4-wheel disc brakes to help ensure stopping power and consistency commensurate with the vehicle’s high performance capability. The front discs measure 12.7 inches in diameter and 1.2-inch thick and utilize 4-piston, fixed-position calipers. The rear discs are 12.3 inches in diameter and 0.8-inch thick and use 2-piston, fixed-position calipers.
A combination of Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and the Super Sport Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) helps to reduce stopping distances and understeer compared to conventional ABS systems.
EBD provides precise control of braking pressure between the front and rear wheels based on the vehicle load to improve stability and stopping distances. Conventional ABS systems control the rear wheels as a pair, reducing the braking force to both rear wheels. Super Sport ABS, using input from a lateral gsensor, can control the braking forces at each rear wheel independently, optimizing the braking ability during hard cornering to help reduce understeer.
Performance-Directed Interior The WRX STI conveys its performance attitude from the inside, as well. The driver grips a MOMO® 3-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel. Performance design front seats feature substantial side bolsters, integrated head restraints and embroidered “STI” logos. The seats are upholstered in unique perforated 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Release / 5 blue high-grip Ecsaine® fabric with contrasting black knit bolsters, complemented by matching blue door trim and blue floor carpeting.
The WRX STI instrument gauge cluster places a 9,000-rpm tachometer in the center, flanked by a 160-mph speedometer, DCCD display and fuel and temperature gauges. All three primary gauges feature aluminum trim rings. Red LED indicators and an illuminated “STI” logo in the tachometer reinforce the sporty driving environment. Previewing the vehicle’s performance potential, all the gauge needles swing to their maximum positions when the ignition is switched on, and then return to their normal positions.
The standard automatic climate control system integrates cabin air filtration. The standard 140-watt AM/FM premium stereo plays through six speakers and includes a 6-disc in-dash CD changer. An engine immobilizer security system is standard equipment.

New Safety Technology for 2006 Front seat head/chest side impact air bags (SRS) are standard, and all Impreza models for 2006 get the new Subaru Advanced Frontal Airbag system. The driver’s side air bag deploys according to the driver’s proximity to the steering wheel, as measured by a sensor on the seat track. In the passenger side front seat, a sensor module detects weight on the passenger seat – first determining if it’s occupied, and if so by
a child or adult – to control air bag deployment. As part of the system, the dashboard features a new “Airbag” indicator light.

Subaru Impreza WRX STi #1:

McLareN
07-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi #2:

johnnyperl
07-22-2005, 01:46 PM
yuck.
(actually not so bad in these pics, thanks)

McLareN
07-22-2005, 01:49 PM
And now, the WRX
Subaru Impreza WRX #1:

spi-ti-tout
07-22-2005, 01:55 PM
MAN that thing is ugly....
Short Wheelbase + Front Vacuum = One sad scooby....

Niko_Fx
07-22-2005, 02:13 PM
(actually not so bad in these pics, thanks)

I agree, it suddenly looks better. Maybe it was quite a shock when the first pics were realeased....

The car has been improved in every aspect (except for looks), wouldn't mind owning one :)

illusionest
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
ah... finally high res

thanks Mclaren, got any more? :D

McLareN
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
ah... finally high res

thanks Mclaren, got any more? :D

If i did i would post them you silly :)

illusionest
07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
If i did i would post them you silly :)

:p well if u find more in the future post them :D
i need them for choppin :D

SilverG35SportC
07-22-2005, 02:29 PM
The back is alright but the front is FUGLY!!!

Cotterik
07-22-2005, 02:44 PM
that little mini spoiler looks amusing. The old one was just right, it didnt look too overworked, but this one..theres bits flying around everywhere, its like they just had some glue and thought 'right put bits everywhere'

johnnyperl
07-22-2005, 03:12 PM
that little mini spoiler looks amusing. The old one was just right, it didnt look too overworked, but this one..theres bits flying around everywhere, its like they just had some glue and thought 'right put bits everywhere'
its their version of mitsubishi's shark fins. the lancer's device looks better but who knows which is more effective.

at least it doesnt look like mitsubishi's WRC wing! :D

whiteballz
07-22-2005, 03:31 PM
and mitsubishi's evo 9 "vortex creator" is any better?

i still love it, though the wheels look too small

smxi
07-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Best one since bug eyes. Very nice, stylish and good looking piece of machinery! I own 2002 WRX and would not buy 04 or 05 but this one I would consider.

taz_rocks_miami
07-22-2005, 04:30 PM
The back is alright but the front is FUGLY!!!

I agree, kinda looks like a SEAT Ibiza.

Birdman
07-22-2005, 04:54 PM
The ugly front destroys the rest of the car, while that little roof spoiler looks silly. I prefer the Evo over this.

taz_rocks_miami
07-22-2005, 05:09 PM
I prefer the Evo over this.

That makes two us :)

my porsche
07-22-2005, 05:13 PM
is this what japanes people do now? change the front extremety and call it a new car? yucky, put me down for an evo VIIII

shr0olvl
07-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Why didn't they just leave it the way it looked ? :confused:

ScionDriver
07-22-2005, 05:24 PM
I saw a wagon of these the other day and almost puked.

spi-ti-tout
07-22-2005, 06:02 PM
yucky, put me down for an evo VIIII
Get your figures right man, it's Evo IX :p
(I = 1 / X = 10. Roman Numeral Rules = Smaller Numeral before Bigger Numeral -> Substract down one number from Bigger Numeral)

I'd personally go with the Evo VIII though :)

Vindesh17
07-22-2005, 06:03 PM
is this what japanes people do now? change the front extremety and call it a new car? yucky, put me down for an evo VIIII

umm, 9 in roman numerals is IX.

Spastik_Roach
07-22-2005, 06:23 PM
I like it alot :) Looks aggressive and lets face it Subarus never have been pretty cars. Its fugly in a good way :)

2ndclasscitizen
07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
i like it, i saw it featured in a mag and the photos there looked pretty good, the gold BBS wheels on it are hottness, i'd be hard pressed to choose between this and the IX. And you better get used to it, this suby's "global face" idea

MikeMcLarenF1
07-22-2005, 06:34 PM
whoever designed this new Impreza.... should get a punch in the face..... so that it would looks like the menance that he designed.

Niko_Fx
07-22-2005, 06:34 PM

The looks are not the only changes... It has the same HP as the previous STI (300HP) but performs better, that means that handling and such has been improved.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15833

Cotterik
07-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Get your figures right man, it's Evo IX :p
(I = 1 / X = 10. Roman Numeral Rules = Smaller Numeral before Bigger Numeral -> Substract down one number from Bigger Numeral)

I'd personally go with the Evo VIII though :)

ditto that :)

Vindesh17
07-22-2005, 07:36 PM
for me it would be the EVO IX over this but it would be a more difficult decision between the 05 WRX and the EVO IX.

SPN:DOC
07-23-2005, 12:16 AM
is it just me or do they get faster and uglier?? :D

carweb
07-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Subaru Impreza 2006

carweb
07-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Subaru Impreza 2006.

carweb
07-23-2005, 08:13 AM
Subaru Impreza Wagon 2006..

carweb
07-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Subaru Impreza Wagon 2006...

LotusLocost
07-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Oh...!
This is clearly a chick car :D

illusionest
07-24-2005, 12:25 PM
awesome! thanks carweb!
i was looking for the one in post #2 second one from left

6'bore
07-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Made a few small changes, and I think it looks good.

illusionest
07-24-2005, 01:53 PM
Made a few small changes, and I think it looks good.

u should post it in chop forums for more comments :D

btw, black looks cool

spi-ti-tout
07-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh...!
This is clearly a chick car :D
Iz ztill zas zugly zas zell :D

smxi
08-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Real life one. Drives nicely too. Steering is little too sharp for my taste. Car seems quieter than 04 STi.

Niko_Fx
08-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Real life one. Drives nicely too. Steering is little too sharp for my taste. Car seems quieter than 04 STi.

You got to drive it? Are they already at dealerships or.. ? I'm confused, post some more info and pics if possible :)

smxi
08-22-2005, 02:17 PM
You got to drive it? Are they already at dealerships or.. ? I'm confused, post some more info and pics if possible :)Yes, I have driven this particular one. Apparently some US dealers have 'em. The only other pics are with me in it, background wasn't that nice, so I only took one picture of the car alone.
What kind of info do you need?

Niko_Fx
08-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes, I have driven this particular one. Apparently some US dealers have 'em. The only other pics are with me in it, background wasn't that nice, so I only took one picture of the car alone.
What kind of info do you need?

Are you planning on buying one or just test driving the hell out of it at the dealer? :)

smxi
08-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Are you planning on buying one No, I'm not planning to buy STi. I drive WRX wagon with bug eyes and perfectly happy with it. If I got another Subaru that would have been Forester XT (turbo).
or just test driving the hell out of it at the dealer? :) Actually I was a lot more careful and gentle than dealer. :)

porlamfer
08-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Canadian 2006 WRX/WRX STI#1

porlamfer
08-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Canadian 2006 WRX STI#2

porlamfer
08-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Canadian 2006 WRX STI#3

porlamfer
08-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Some more...

scottie300z
08-22-2005, 10:40 PM
That white one looks the best, but i think thats mostly b/c the front spoiler lip makes it look a bit lower. but i think if i saw w/ a blue one like that id still opt for the white.

clutch-monkey
08-23-2005, 12:29 AM
That white one looks the best, but i think thats mostly b/c the front spoiler lip makes it look a bit lower. but i think if i saw w/ a blue one like that id still opt for the white.
i agree, its starting to look better but in white it actually looks good.

electrao
08-23-2005, 04:05 AM
that white one is the STI spec C, ligther and with some extra chassis mods.
Arguably the faster and better impreza available and the base dor group N racing. more info in http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050817.009
I like it a lot!

andy.muc
08-23-2005, 04:09 AM
Th white looks the most "Fast&Furious"... bet it got nawz

scottie300z
08-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Th white looks the most "Fast&Furious"... bet it got nawz

I dont really see it as being that much different than the other ones. Whats the other body differences besides that front lip? I think you just wanted to say nawz.

andy.muc
08-24-2005, 02:51 AM
I dont really see it as being that much different than the other ones. Whats the other body differences besides that front lip? I think you just wanted to say nawz.

Besides that it's white...

scottie300z
08-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Besides that it's white...

Alot of cars come in white, how many f&f cars were white? i dont see your point.

spi-ti-tout
08-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Alot of cars come in white, how many f&f cars were white? i dont see your point.
iyt hayes nawz bouy, nah don't ague

scottie300z
08-26-2005, 06:48 AM
iyt hayes nawz bouy, nah don't ague

ah ok, you are right, thanks for showing me the light.

Wolf03
08-26-2005, 06:55 AM

Dude, white cars are ugly! No matter what model. I saw a white Lamborghini Gallardo the other day and I'm like wtf was that guy thinking? A white-coloured car shows no expression, can easily be seen when it's dirty and it's too plain, boring and well ugly.

fa22_raptor
08-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Hey, it doesn't look too bad! But mate, that's a bloody small sunroof. :D

fa22_raptor
08-26-2005, 07:09 AM
It's got something on its roof. Looks like a little hat :D

scottie300z
08-28-2005, 06:49 PM
It's got something on its roof. Looks like a little hat :D

The topic was, why is the white one all f&f while the others wouldnt be. all the new sti's have that.

Dude, white cars are ugly! No matter what model. I saw a white Lamborghini Gallardo the other day and I'm like wtf was that guy thinking? A white-coloured car shows no expression, can easily be seen when it's dirty and it's too plain, boring and well ugly.

You may not like white cars but that still doesnt have anything to do w/ the topic of why is that one more rice than the other ones. And its the car that shows expression not the paint job. some paint jobs help the car show expression some dont but still id say that it has to do more w/ the car than the paint. And white does sometimes on some cars show expression. Some cars may look good in green (for example) while others wouldnt. And the boring and ugly part is once agian dealing w/ more of the car than the paint itself.

And even if a car being white did make it boring and expressionless that would be the very reason why it wouldnt be rice. Im not sure if you noticed or not but the vast majority of cars in the "rice" catagory have outlandish paintjobs that some people might say is full of expression and not boring at all. I would just call it tasteless. So basicly by your own argument the color white is the opposite of f&f.

smxi
08-28-2005, 07:00 PM
some paint jobs help the car show expression some dont but still id say that it has to do more w/ the car than the paint. And white does sometimes on some cars show expression. Some cars may look good in green (for example) while others wouldnt. And the boring and ugly part is once agian dealing w/ more of the car than the paint itself.
Obvious but absolutely correct.

SUPRA TURBO
09-03-2005, 01:03 AM
i love subaru they r sick man

Mustang
09-03-2005, 01:14 AM
i love subaru they r sick man

you made me sick reading that

lithuanianmafia
09-04-2005, 09:44 PM
all i can say for this car is this...

BAD SCOOBY BAD!!!

http://www.clicket.com/images/16352.jpg

lfb666
11-10-2005, 08:21 PM
WRX STi - 2006

Sabiego
11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
EVO IX is better than it...

clutch-monkey
11-11-2005, 09:51 AM
debatable.....

smxi
11-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Have you driven both to compare, do you own one? I have never driven EVO, but I drove STi many times (2004 & 2006), and I own WRX - they are very sweet cars.:)

smxi
12-27-2005, 06:33 PM
INFO (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21547) Thanks to PBB.

Subaru Impreza WRX STi S204 #1

smxi
12-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi S204 #2

smxi
12-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=455645&posted=1#) STi S204 #3

smxi
12-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=455645&posted=1#) STi S204 #4

PBB
12-27-2005, 06:41 PM
I've got a chubby. :)
(For that car :o)

Cotterik
12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
the spoiler doesnt suit the car. atall.

smxi
12-27-2005, 07:14 PM
the spoiler doesnt suit the car. atall.
It's a lot better looking than huge ugly STi stock spoiler.

Cotterik
12-27-2005, 09:17 PM
hmmm i dont know, it beats the wrx spoiler but i just cant get used to it.

TVR IS KING
12-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Wow.
Subaru went from a great looking WRX and STi...to this...
I can stand tha WRX, and I'm undecided as to weather I like it or not..I think I do...
But this? It has a smaller rear spoiler..that looks like shit...Maybe its good as I heard the old spoilers top section used to shake around at highish speeds (100kmh) Whereas the evo didnt because it has a Carbon Fibre top section

Also, it has a smaller bonnet intake I think, same size as the WRX for aerodynamic reasons.
**** that, if you buy an STi, you're probably after a huge spoiler and a huge intake to separate it from the WRX.

Poor Subaru, they're trying to adopt this whole ugly wing kinda design...Hope the company survives...

EDIT: THe bodykit I quite like.

EDIT2: Upon actually opening one of the pics, (slow internet) it appears that the bonnet scoop is still...well just that, a scoop. It could scoop up a house...

FINAL EDIT: I love the car. Looking at that pic some more, I love the lines. Just not the back. The pic was of the front...
The back lights are good...but yeah..thats all I have to say on the matter

clutch-monkey
12-27-2005, 10:14 PM
have you seen one in person? they're actually quite good looking in the metal. what looks odd in pictures makes sense in real life. there are already 3 sti's in my area, and they do look good on the roads.

F1_Master
12-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Awesome, though I bet the states won't get it. I like the spoiler.

Vindesh17
12-27-2005, 11:12 PM
and if the states dont get it, canada wont either and that sucks.

johnnyperl
12-27-2005, 11:17 PM
have you seen one in person? they're actually quite good looking in the metal. what looks odd in pictures makes sense in real life. there are already 3 sti's in my area, and they do look good on the roads.
its true. the grille is still questionable, but the lights suit it well.

The tail lights deserve to get smashed though.

Spastik_Roach
12-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Ones already been imported to NZ. I like it.

Lani Kai
12-28-2005, 03:16 AM
Hmm, the images on this thread won't load... The other threads are working fine.

smxi
12-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Hmm, the images on this thread won't load... The other threads are working fine.
Try to open them in new windows and then save. Maybe that will help.

smxi
12-28-2005, 06:21 AM
**** that, if you buy an STi, you're probably after a huge spoiler and a huge intake to separate it from the WRX.

That spoiler gets on your nerves when you driving. Takes a lot of time to get used to. It feels like there always is a car beside you in a blind spot.
My friend who owns STi (I have regular WRX) actually traded his trunk lid with a spoiler for the one without and he is very happy.:)

NSXType-R
12-28-2005, 08:48 AM
I actually like this car because the styling has grown on me. :) I think that there's nothing wrong with the spoiler.

PerfAdv
12-28-2005, 09:49 AM
I know this Saab is a Subaru but didn't the Subi's front start looking like the Saab?

Vaigra
12-28-2005, 11:42 AM
As its predecessors S202 and S203, the new Impreza S204 will only be available in Japan. This special edition model will be limited to 600 examples, and each of them will cost about five milion japanese yen (approx. $40,000) when it debuts on January 13th.

The modifications include a reprogrammed ECU, new pistons, crankshaft, exhaust and an upgraded turbocharger. This helps the S204' 2-liter engine to 320 bhp and 319 lb-ft of torque.

The Impreza S204 shaves off 13 lbs with lighter BBS wheels. A stiffer suspension lowers the car by about half an inch.

The interior differentiates from the standard Impreza WRX STi by an exclusive steering wheel, aluminum inserts with engraved serial number and Recaro bucket seats.

The customers will be able to choose between three colors: WRC blue, grey and black.

smxi
01-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Subaru Impreza 2005 WRX STi S203 #1

smxi
01-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Subaru Impreza 2005 WRX STi S203 #2

PBB
01-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the S203 pics!! :D:D:D

Lani Kai
01-03-2006, 04:26 AM
I never really noticed, but that air scoop is obscenely large

porlamfer
01-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi S203#1
Only 555 cars are made. 0~100km/h 4.5s, 320ph.
This is the 2005 model. For 2006 Impreza S204 images, please click on the link below.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21598&highlight=s204

porlamfer
01-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi S203#2

porlamfer
01-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi S203#3

NSXType-R
01-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Great pics. I love the STi.

terabyte2000
01-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Nice car.....

Vaigra
01-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti #15

Vaigra
01-26-2006, 03:59 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti #16

Vaigra
01-26-2006, 04:01 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti #17

Vaigra
01-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti #18

Vaigra
01-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti #19

Vaigra
01-26-2006, 04:07 AM
"You are currently using 999.00 MB to store 2,779 uploaded attachments"
one more MB for 1GB :)

Vaigra
04-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited

SUBARU UNLEASHES IMPREZA WRX STI LIMITED FOR 2007

Subaru of America, Inc. today unveiled the 2007 Impreza WRX STI Limited model at the New York International Auto Show. The new edition of the road-conquering Impreza WRX STI packages creates greater comfort and refinement with subtler exterior styling, but does not sacrifice the performance of this street legend.

The WRX STI Limited will be available in the fall in a limited run of 800 numbered units, 400 in Satin White Pearl and 400 in Urban Gray Metallic.

The 2007 WRX STI Limited delivers all the power and performance of the standard model. This new limited-edition version adds a layer of refinement and design detail enhancements targeted at a new group of driving enthusiasts looking for supercar performance but with an understated demeanor. Designed by Subaru Tecnica International (STI), the high-performance and motorsports subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., the WRX STI Limited is descended from the Subaru WRC Rally car.

“The WRX STI redefined the performance car category when it was introduced in 2004. We know some enthusiasts have resisted the temptation to buy one simply because they want more everyday driving comfort and refinement, along with less aggressive styling,” said Fred Adcock, executive vice president, Subaru of America. “Now, with the STI’s reputation for pure performance unquestioned, we recognized an opportunity to broaden the car’s appeal.”
Less Show, Same Go

The 2007 WRX STI Limited stands apart from the standard model with an appearance that’s more low-key, and even stealthy. A new trunk-mounted lip spoiler replaces the standard model’s large dual-plane rear spoiler, and the black

aluminum roof vane spoiler is deleted. A new, deep front lip spoiler further distinguishes the WRX STI Limited from the standard model.

New Enkei wheels with high-luster paint replace the BBS® wheels, keeping the same 17 x 8-in. size and 225/45 ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE070 directional performance tires. Behind the new wheels, black Brembo® brake calipers with white lettering have a more reserved appearance than the gold and red-painted calipers on the standard WRX STI.

All WRX STI Limited models feature distinctive black gloss B-pillar paint and high luster paint for the exterior mirrors, and this special edition model includes standard fog lights.
New Refined Interior Keeps the Focus on Performance

The interior of the 2007 Impreza WRX STI Limited balances the performance-directed design and attitude with a dose of refinement. Most notably, the WRX STI Limited replaces the perforated blue high-grip Alcantara® fabric seating surfaces with leather and new dark gray metallic bezels and interior trim.

For the first time in a WRX STI, the performance-design front seats are heated for all-season comfort. Also enhancing all-season driving pleasure, the 2007 WRX STI Limited features the first-ever power glass moonroof on this model. Beyond the changed interior appearance, additional features include new carpeting with improved sound insulation materials, an auto-dimming compass rear view mirror and an audio system input jack for an iPod or other digital music player. Finally, each car in this series gets a sequential number plate.

The standard automatic climate control system integrates cabin air filtration. SIRIUS™ Satellite radio availability enhances the versatility of the standard 120-watt AM/FM premium stereo, which includes a 6-disc in-dash CD changer and six speakers.
Rally Tested and Road Ready

All Impreza WRX STI models are powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.5-liter DOHC Boxer engine producing 293 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 290 lb.-ft. of peak torque at 4,400 rpm. The Subaru Active Valve Control System (AVCS) variable valve timing technology helps provide strong torque characteristics throughout the engine’s operating range. A manually operated water spray feature helps to bolster intercooler efficiency during spirited driving.

All WRX STI models are exclusively equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission that features carbon-plated double-cone synchronizers on 4th, 5th and 6th gears to help ensure durability.

Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD) All-Wheel Drive
From its launch, the WRX STI has been equipped with one of the most advanced and most performance-directed All-Wheel Drive systems on the market, regardless of vehicle segment. The Driver Control Center Differential (DCCD)

Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system uses a planetary-type center differential to provide a 41:59 torque split, with automatic and manual differential modes.

Center differential lock-up is controlled by both a mechanical limited-slip type differential and an electronically controlled limited-slip differential. The mechanical limited-slip differential activates and operates initially in response to changes in engine torque, improving overall vehicle stability when accelerating or decelerating. In automatic mode, the electronic limited-slip differential controls the differential lock-up by evaluating the amount of lock-up in the mechanical limited-slip. The total amount of lock-up is based on the combination of both differentials. A steering sensor input improves torque transfer response by more accurately relaying the car’s cornering situation.

Set in automatic mode, the DCCD system can vary the torque distribution ratio as needed in response to vehicle acceleration, deceleration, steering angle, cornering force and wheel slippage.

In manual mode, DCCD allows the driver to select center differential lock-up to optimize All-Wheel Drive performance for varying driving conditions. The driver first selects manual mode with a console-mounted button and then turns a thumbwheel on the center console to select from among six levels of lock-up. Increasing the locking factor keeps more power at the front wheels (max. 50:50 torque split with 100 percent lock-up selected), which the driver might want in certain driving conditions or on particular road surfaces.

A helical-type limited-slip front differential and Torsen® limited-slip rear differential help to optimize power distribution side-to-side, helping to prevent the inside wheels from slipping during cornering.
Competition-Bred Chassis

A super-stiff Ring Frame Reinforced body structure with a hydroformed front subframe provides the foundation for the high-integrity Impreza platform. Compared to the standard WRX models, the WRX STI models are lowered by 0.4-inch to help lower the center of gravity.

The 4-wheel independent suspension inherits its inverted-strut technology from the Impreza WRC competition car. Aluminum front suspension lower control arms and aluminum rear suspension lateral links reduce unsprung vehicle weight. A quick-ratio steering system yields 2.6 turns lock-to-lock, and the steering rack uses a “cannon mount” for greater rigidity that improves on-center response.

The powerful Brembo Performance Brake System employs front discs measuring 12.7 inches in diameter and 1.2-inch thick and utilizing 4-piston, fixed-position calipers. The rear discs are 12.3 inches in diameter and 0.8-inch thick and use 2-piston, fixed-position calipers.

A combination of Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and the Super Sport Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) helps to reduce stopping distances and understeer compared to conventional ABS systems. EBD provides precise control of braking pressure between the front and rear wheels based on the vehicle load to improve stability and stopping distances. Super Sport ABS, using input from a lateral-g sensor, can control the braking forces at each rear wheel independently, optimizing the braking ability during hard cornering to help reduce understeer.

All Impreza, WRX and WRX STI models are equipped as standard with the Subaru Advanced Frontal Air bag system and front seat head/chest side impact air bags (SRS). The driver’s side air bag deploys according to the driver’s proximity to the steering wheel, as measured by a sensor on the seat track. In the passenger side front seat, a sensor module detects weight on the passenger seat – first determining if it’s occupied, and if so by a child or adult – to control air bag deployment.

NSXType-R
04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
It looks very good as it is but I understand why it would make an STI without the wing: it doesn't attract the cops. The wing is gigantic and it screams speed demon. A smaller wing would have done fine but a lip spoiler looks nice still. Visibility must increase as well. I've heard of accounts where cops have given tickets for the wing being too large. Problem solved now!

Matra et Alpine
04-18-2006, 01:20 PM
I've heard of accounts where cops have given tickets for the wing being too large.
SERIOUSLY ???? :D WOW :D

AAAARGH !! Just checked the Subaru UK site and they're removing the wing here too !!!

So do they book all the people with huge roll bars reducing visibility out of the rear of the 2 cab trucks ??

Can this be confirmed, it jsut seems crazy !!!!

RacingManiac
04-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I seem to recall the STI in Japan anyway have smaller wing, it was not always the basket handle-type like it is now...

NSXType-R
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Not sure about how the legislation goes but my dad has friends who owns an STi and he was given a ticket for the wing.

The_Canuck
04-18-2006, 04:01 PM
well i thinks its a good idea,( not the tickets the car )

Zytek_Fan
04-18-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't like it. It lost the STIness

Spastik_Roach
04-18-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't like it. It lost the STIness

Exactly, it looks like arse now. And boring too.

zeppelin
04-18-2006, 04:18 PM
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that cops could ticket someone for having a wing too large; especially a factory installed wing at that. I can understand aftermarket wings that may be safety hazards, but I'd assume that if it were from the factory it must be reaching all requirements for sale... I wouldn't put up with that, that's for sure.

smxi
04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Looks a lot better without stupid wing.:D

IBrake4Rainbows
04-18-2006, 04:51 PM
There removing the wing to make it a cost-added option, I'm sure of it.

Rockefella
04-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I'd have to agree about the cop bit, but STi probably wants the option for the more 'aged' buyers who don't want the boy-racer look. The sleeper element is also there.

whiteballz
04-18-2006, 05:10 PM
I LOATHE subaru of america.

CHEESE-TACULAR
04-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited #2

2ndclasscitizen
04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
I don't know why they don't give you the option of having the normal rex spoiler on the STi, it looks so much better, like on the STi Type D

zeppelin
04-21-2006, 04:16 PM
There's no doubt the Limited is really nice, but there's something about that giant wing, I love it. It looks bare without it.

DiabloVT
04-22-2006, 05:24 AM
it has lost its STiness:(
still freakn fast by the looks of it though

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Another week, another mental special-edition Subaru Impreza.

This is the Japan-only Impreza WRX STi Spec C Type RA-R. Apart from a ridiculous name, it comes with white 18-inch alloys, lowered, stiffened suspension, a small roof spoiler and front lip spoiler. There's also an optional carbonfibre rear boot spoiler.

Under the bonnet is a heavily tuned version of Subaru's 2.0-litre flat-four engine (they don't get the 2.5 in Japan). Tweaks to the ECU, a larger turbo and a fat exhaust help it to pump out 320bhp and 318lb ft.

Only 300 Spec C Type RA-Rs will be available, in a choice of three colours – white, blue or, for 50 customers only, a rather vile yellow. It costs 4,284,000 Yen, which is around £20,000. Bargain.

Ferrer
11-17-2006, 03:36 AM
I suppose the ultimate Subaru Impreza is the one which has the longest name...

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 03:38 AM
most are below media picture size, but thats what they have on there :/
sorry...

Ferrer
11-17-2006, 03:39 AM
Oh my god I can't believe I did it again... :o

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 03:45 AM

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 04:18 AM

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 04:25 AM

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 04:40 AM

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 04:51 AM

Gt1Street
11-17-2006, 05:04 AM

ScionDriver
11-17-2006, 08:24 AM
I know some people on here probably don't like it but I'd take it in a minute. Without the "LOOK AT ME COPS!" spoiler you could have a bit of a sleeper here. Too bad there will be imported.

johnnyperl
11-17-2006, 11:13 AM
thanks

kingofthering
11-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Why does Subaru feel the need to say KEEP ATTACKING THE NURBURGRING. With that said, I'd be willing to import one to the US even if it meant using RHD.

NSXType-R
11-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Lots of other companies attack the Nurburgring....

BMW, Porsche, Chevy, even Honda.

Your point is?

Ferrer
11-17-2006, 02:50 PM
The whole Nurburgring thing is just marketing...

NSXType-R
11-17-2006, 02:50 PM
I suppose the ultimate Subaru Impreza is the one which has the longest name...

It's not like the Lancer Evolutions are any better.:D

man 430gt
11-17-2006, 02:55 PM
I like the seats, thats about it..

digitalcraft
11-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Pretty slick looking... not sure I like the new fronts though. I like the lights, but I think I'd rather go for one continuous grill.

KonaGreen
11-17-2006, 07:13 PM
The white rims. Those are gorgeous.

Wolf03
11-17-2006, 09:02 PM
So what, no big ricer spoiler?

kingofthering
11-17-2006, 09:15 PM
The only car i would be willing to pay for in Gran Turismo HD. Well that, and the 430 or NSX-R

speedy_2
11-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, I can't deny the performance. But theses cars have been getting uglier and uglier.

taz_rocks_miami
11-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C Type RA 2005...damn, could Subaru make the name any longer!!:rolleyes:

Ferrer
03-31-2007, 05:01 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX STI #20

Vaigra
03-31-2007, 06:23 AM
Subaru Impreza WRX STI #20
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24927&highlight=subaru+impreza

:)

Ferrer
03-31-2007, 06:36 AM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24927&highlight=subaru+impreza

:)
Having so many Impreza threads is a bit of a mess... :p

I'll solve it.

Klemmel
04-14-2007, 02:32 PM
More WRX STi 06 pics... Car is from Sweden, pics from Norway.

Cotterik
04-14-2007, 02:45 PM
still like the 05 car better, and i see that every day