lightweight----------9
6'Bore---------------5
CHEESE-TCAULAR----3
My Porsche----------3
Rockefella-----------2
The One------------2
Whiteballz-----------1
Blue Supra----------1

Each comp. starts Monday morning, ending Sunday at midnight.
The winner of the previous comp. will choose the car, track, tires, modifications of the new comp.
If the time submitted by someone is unreallistically fast it will be excluded.
You will PM your best time to me.
You MUST PM your time to me if you wish for it to be included.
The only member(s) who may post their time before Comp. is over, are: My Porsche
The one with the fastest time will be the winner.
If you have a time that you think will win, take a picture as proof. If you win you will have to present this photo as proof.
If I find out that any time is false, goes against any rules, or is done through any use of unfair play or cheatery, the user will be banned from the competition for one week and will be stripped of all their points.
Scoring goes like this:
1st place recieves 10 points.
2nd place get 8.
3rd gets 6.
4th gets 4.
5nd gets 2.
Everybody else recieves 1 point.
There will be a secret time that, under the rules, should be easy to obtain. This will be called the target time. If you meet the target time you will recieve an additional 1 point.

Please take not of the new rules. No.5 and 6

So Jack what'll it be this week?

my porsche
07-25-2005, 09:35 AM
why arent i on the top list?

EDIT:and thanks for the new rule made just for me :D

Dino Scuderia
07-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Wow! Can't believe I got second! I had run a 1:38.177 and I was 'racing' that ghost..knew I was ahead then when I crossed the line I had run my best time, it didn't seem like I was beating the ghost by that much.

Congrats too Jack!

TheOne
07-25-2005, 10:04 AM
man i couldn't get anywhere near the high 1:30's with that car........(also there was a difference between the cobra's, that is if some used the shelby and some used the AC)

my porsche
07-25-2005, 10:08 AM
you were supposed to use the AC one...

Dino Scuderia
07-25-2005, 10:16 AM
I was exiting the turns in second gear... and found it helped me to change the driving view to the roof cam position, I normally use the bumper cam. The higher cam position helped me get a better line through the turns.

SIMPLETON
07-25-2005, 10:52 AM
why arent i on the top list?

EDIT:and thanks for the new rule made just for me :D
read the last two posts. http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=348506#post348506 your time was submitted after the deadline

my porsche
07-25-2005, 11:45 AM
i said my time like a long time before that, can i just have the 1 point?

Rockefella
07-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh, I didn't PM my time, I just used my super nifty white text that you have to scroll over to read.

SIMPLETON
07-25-2005, 01:25 PM
i said my time like a long time before that, can i just have the 1 point?
Oh, I didn't PM my time, I just used my super nifty white text that you have to scroll over to read. I've decided to give each of you 1 point. But, next time use PM feature.

my porsche
07-25-2005, 01:39 PM
mine is so bad, do you really need proof? :D

Solstice
07-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Can I make a suggestion for future cometitions? I like the new rule that says you can't post your full lap time. I think, however, that we should be allowed to post 'T' times (checkpoint times). In other cometitions I have participated in, they use a similar system which allows users to post T1 and T2 times (sometimes more, depending on the track).

Anyway, looking foward to getting in on this action. :)

CHEESE-TACULAR
07-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Can I make a suggestion for future cometitions? I like the new rule that says you can't post your full lap time. I think, however, that we should be allowed to post 'T' times (checkpoint times). In other cometitions I have participated in, they use a similar system which allows users to post T1 and T2 times (sometimes more, depending on the track).

Anyway, looking foward to getting in on this action. :)
or maybe half our times, EX. instead of "i got 1'47,505" we say "im in the 1'47's"

DiabloVT
07-25-2005, 10:51 PM
whoa good call by me not posting a time, didnt get anywhere near jack on this one :D great work

Rockefella
07-25-2005, 11:30 PM
or maybe half our times, EX. instead of "i got 1'47,505" we say "im in the 1'47's"
No, too detailed. Just say the first one or two T-times, and nothing else.

Jack_Bauer
07-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Ok guys and gals, this week's challenge is as follows (sorry I'm a bit late with this :o ).....

Arcade Mode, Time Trial as per usual

Track: Deep Forest Raceway (Normal)

Car: BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 (if you don't already have it you can win this car in Schwarzwald Liga A in the European hall I think, not too tricky)

Tyres: Racing Super Soft

Quick Tuning will be allowed as much as you choose.

I guess TCS and ASM should also be legal. I had a quick blast round and the car has bags of traction anyway so it shouldn't make too much difference. It may be similar to week 1, where running without TC was much quicker anyway.

It's a short lap in a very quick car so the lap times aren't much more than a minute long, so I expect everyone to be pretty darned close this week.

Enjoy! :)

Dino Scuderia
07-26-2005, 06:00 AM
That track has some tricky braking/turning to it....should be fun.

shockwaveracing
07-26-2005, 07:46 AM
It's a short lap in a very quick car so the lap times aren't much more than a minute long

how MUCH more 5 seconds, 10 seconds... or do you choose to be just a little vague, and say somewhere in the vicinity... ;)

my porsche
07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
well since i am allowed to post my time...

im at 1'12 after only 2 laps, so if after two laps anyone else isnt under 1'10 you should be slapped

Dino Scuderia
07-26-2005, 01:23 PM
well since i am allowed to post my time...

im at 1'12 after only 2 laps, so if after two laps anyone else isnt under 1'10 you should be slapped

What's your setup?

my porsche
07-26-2005, 01:48 PM
top secret and im at 1'09 almost dead even (1'09.09)
new time: (highling, i think everyone should put their time like this so if you want to see it you can but if not you dont, just remember if you quote someone who posted their time like this, to delete the time :) )

my time [highlight] 1'08'671

my porsche
07-26-2005, 07:51 PM
new time:

1'07.346

Dino Scuderia
07-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Coming out of the last tunnel around to the finish line may be the most crucial section of the whole track to get right....other than turn one.

my porsche
07-27-2005, 12:56 PM
ive been trying differnet stuff for turn 1, but last turn i have down pat :D

im leaving tomorow early morning so i will be pming my time tonight, and also if (majorly huge if) i win then i nominate dino to make the new challenge

new time: (EDIT:updated)
1'05'42

Dino Scuderia
07-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Not much chatter on this challenge...who all is participating?

Rockefella
07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm participating, I've submitted my time... don't feel like trying anymore. Dino, wanna pm me your time? ;) (I won't try to beat it, although I may have already, I'm just interested in the competition)

shockwaveracing
07-28-2005, 11:48 PM

i am participating, i think people finally got the message not to post their times in here (excepting the greatness that is "mp")... have got a ripper time with the wheel... now shall see if i can beat it with the controller...

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 03:44 AM
i am participating, i think people finally got the message not to post their times in here (excepting the greatness that is "mp")... have got a ripper time with the wheel... now shall see if i can beat it with the controller...

I suspect that's the reason for the quietness also.

I think I have hot time too....I only have a controller. Do you find that you generally are faster using the wheel?

Rockefella
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I've been trying to keep knocking tenths off my time... Dino posted his time in a PM to me so I'm just trying to get close to that. I only need 3-4 more tenths.

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Jack's prolly gonna beat us up and take our lunch money again...

Rockefella
07-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Jack's prolly gonna beat us up and take our lunch money again...
We could always arrange for him to be killed. Let me call up my sniper friend.

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 11:09 AM
We could always arrange for him to be killed. Let me call up my sniper friend.

I think he's going to lose on purpose sometime and give one of us a sympathy win... :eek:

Rockefella
07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I think he's going to lose on purpose sometime and give one of us a sympathy win... :eek:
Doubt it, he's a heartless bastard. ;) I wish I could race his ghost, and then just tap the rear quarter-panel, send him spinning, and I'd drive off for the win.

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Doubt it, he's a heartless bastard. ;) I wish I could race his ghost, and then just tap the rear quarter-panel, send him spinning, and I'd drive off for the win.

HAHAHA! If only.

shockwaveracing
07-29-2005, 08:48 PM
I suspect that's the reason for the quietness also.

I think I have hot time too....I only have a controller. Do you find that you generally are faster using the wheel?

nah i am over a second quicker with the controller... i do find that i can learn the best lines with the wheel and then hammer out a bloody quick lap with the controller... but then again i have only had the wheel just over a week so i am still learniing...

Dino Scuderia
07-30-2005, 03:27 AM
nah i am over a second quicker with the controller... i do find that i can learn the best lines with the wheel and then hammer out a bloody quick lap with the controller... but then again i have only had the wheel just over a week so i am still learniing...

You'll prolly continue improving with the wheel then and end up being faster with it than the controller.

shockwaveracing
07-30-2005, 09:05 PM
eventually i will, but it will take a while...

the wheel is hyper sensitive so inputs have to be far more controlled than inputs i can make with the controller...