PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in Ghosts?

r1ckst4
07-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Just watched a TV program on ghost hunting... i love it :D it's so creepy and exciting! always scares the sh!t out of my 22 year old sister though :D

Anyways, after watching the program, i'm just curious... how many of u guys out there believe in paranormal existence (damn i sound smart) ?

Have u ever had any strange experience? share it with us! :) i certainly have, and yes i do believe that something ghost like exist...

My story:
About 5 years ago, I was playing monopoli with my sister in our new house (back in indonesia) at around 11 pm or maybe later :confused: Our house was the only house around there. It was surrounded with bushes and trees and forest around the hill. That night my young uncle was sleeping right next door... our dogs were barking and hauling like crazy :confused: not sure if "hauling" is the right word (english is my 2nd language) but they made noises like wolves do in scary movies, anyways... there was a faint knock on the window and a few second later there was a creepy voice calling out my name!!!

F*ck! my sister and I looked and each other and screamed like hell! and ran to my uncle's bedroom and woke him up.. he rushed out his room and the three of us checked outside and there was no one there...

:) i'd love to hear ur creepy stories
yes i know... i'm weird....

whiteballz
07-26-2005, 04:17 AM
howled would be the word your looking for r1ck,

and yeah, i do abit, my GF is a strong believer.. some stories shes told have had me believing

Orefus
07-26-2005, 04:18 AM
Dude, that program is fake man. Its all special effects. Dont belive in that. The only show that has even a slight significance is the movie Constantine. Just kidding, but still, the show is fake.

if u wana know a cool ghost flash go to ebaums world and under flash find ghost flash or som like that.

spi-ti-tout
07-26-2005, 04:21 AM
And that story coming from someone who once faked "the-alien-invasion-caught-on-my-camera" thread :)

Yeah I do believe, but if I've ever had a few experiences I can't remember them now, just faint stuff.

P3RG4R3C
07-26-2005, 04:46 AM
Nope. I don't believe in them.

forza_autodelta
07-26-2005, 05:07 AM
:) i'd love to hear ur creepy stories
yes i know... i'm weird....
just a little bit :) i don't believe in it too

deffenbaugh03
07-26-2005, 05:41 AM
I believe in them. Because one time when i was Gettysburg for a soccer tournament me and my teammates were bored so we decided to go ghost hunting so before we went, we seeked professional ghost hunting help. We asked a few ghost tour guides and we even found a local author signing his books (yes about ghosts) in some book store. One of the tour guides said that what he liked to do was stand out on the battlefield and light a cigarette set it on the ground and start talking to the ghosts and offering it to them. He said he found many ghosts that way and has actually talked to them in polite adult coversation. We tried this method out and after like 20 or so minutes it worked. Not a single guy on the team didnt see him and we all saw the same thing. I didnt believe before then.

spi-ti-tout
07-26-2005, 05:51 AM
Nope. I don't believe in them.
Fool! They exist!

The Proof -> http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2262/ghst9zh.gif (boo!)

:p

P3RG4R3C
07-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Fool! They exist!

:eek: Ahhhh!!! You little...! You scared the sh*t out of me!!! :o :p :p :p

SlickHolden
07-26-2005, 08:51 AM
I belive it's hard not to When your speaker cover comes off the speaker when the stereo isn't on, And it's hard enough to get it off by hand.
One night my mum (I thought it was) walked past my door about 5am it was i was here chatting. I wen't into the kitchen as the light didnt go on and she didnt pass me.
NoOne was there so i wen't to her room and she was sleeping but snoring so what wen't past me??? Nothing can go past my door without me seeing it i'm 6 foot from the door almost dead infront of it.
I herd of people that herd things or seen things and didnt take much notice of it till it happend to me and this has only been in the last 12months.
Got up one night wen't to the dunny, Came back my bed was made. And i still can't be 100% sure i didnt do it half asleep, And what makes me think i didint is i only make my bed just before i get in it at night to check for spiders under the blanket:)
I got plenty more then that, I grabbed the toilet door handle and it turned the other way out of my hand. I sat there for 20min trying to make that handle jump like that maybe the spring loaded up and spun it backwards? who knows it only happend once.

P3RG4R3C
07-26-2005, 11:49 AM
I belive it's hard not to When your speaker cover comes off the speaker when the stereo isn't on, And it's hard enough to get it off by hand.
One night my mum (I thought it was) walked past my door about 5am it was i was here chatting. I wen't into the kitchen as the light didnt go on and she didnt pass me.
NoOne was there so i wen't to her room and she was sleeping but snoring so what wen't past me??? Nothing can go past my door without me seeing it i'm 6 foot from the door almost dead infront of it.
I herd of people that herd things or seen things and didnt take much notice of it till it happend to me and this has only been in the last 12months.
Got up one night wen't to the dunny, Came back my bed was made. And i still can't be 100% sure i didnt do it half asleep, And what makes me think i didint is i only make my bed just before i get in it at night to check for spiders under the blanket:)
I got plenty more then that, I grabbed the toilet door handle and it turned the other way out of my hand. I sat there for 20min trying to make that handle jump like that maybe the spring loaded up and spun it backwards? who knows it only happend once.

A burglar? :p

taz_rocks_miami
07-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Well, I believe in spirits, not sure if they were once here or not but...yes. http://www.spellsnow.com/images/ghost.gif

Esperante
07-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I guess I sort of do. I've gotten unexplainable 'objects' (for lack of a better word) on my camera. I actually showed them here a while ago. I was able to dismiss two as moisture on the lens (which is odd, the night I took it was extremely dry and hot) but the other has no way of tracing. I don't believe in ghosts in a way that television and Hollywood etc. make it out, but yes, I am a semi-believer.
Anyone ever tried an EVP? (Anyone who relates to that movie 'White Noise' should die.) Creepy stuff. I took it to a friends 100+ year old house near downtown Milwaukee where all the rich brewers were at the time. I got some really creepy muffled German from the attic, along with a little blotch like that I found in Salem on camera.

Remember, a ghost has never killed anyone. ;)

Juggs
07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
their real...and their scary. ghosts are my number 1 fear...and i dont wanna talk about anything else about them..but their real...

IWantAnAudiRS6
07-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Fool! They exist!

Heh, demands an "0wn3d" sticker...

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2210/ownedxavier1rb.jpg

Esperante
07-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Heh, demands an "0wn3d" sticker...

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2210/ownedxavier1rb.jpg
You sad, sad person. :p

Fleet 500
07-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I think ghosts exist.
Here are my two favorite ghost photos:
The one on the left is the "Brown Lady" ghost of Raynham Hall, Fakenham, Norfolk, near the east coast of England. Photo taken in 1936.

The photo on the right was taken in 1966 of the "Tulip Staircase" ghost at the Queen's house in Greenwich, London. The original negative of this photo has been examined by Kodak and other photographic experts, and cannot find any evidence of fraud.

Spastik_Roach
07-27-2005, 03:04 AM
Yes I do. I havn't had any experiences but i've spent time researching them and I think some form of them does exist.

dul
07-27-2005, 07:54 AM
I do belive in something like ghosts.
I have had some experiences but they're not that scary. One I remember is when I was when i was alone in our house last summer, I sat downstairs by the computer the hole evenig and about 2:30 am i heard a noise from the kitchen which is upstairs, it was like something big like a chair fell and was dragged some way and then everything got silent, and i went up there (with a baseball bat in my hand) to see what it was but i never figured out what had made that noise.

byronleehk
07-27-2005, 08:20 AM
<----A believer here.

To me ghosts is just another name for "spirits", or "entity", or even "souls".

QuattroMan
07-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Those who believe in ghosts!!! please give me some of that good stuff,I like to see ghosts to....!LOL!! it is all in your mind that is it.OH!! I for got there is one ghost!! matt!!! :D

DiabloVT
07-27-2005, 09:57 AM
i hope ghosts exist

Birdman
07-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Nope, don't belive in them. I've heard stuff at night but that is usually the house cooling.

KnifeEdge_2K1
07-27-2005, 09:08 PM
dont believe, invented to get children to sleep at night

plenty of phenomenon or wutever u call it have perfectly sound scientific explanations, whether you choose to believe is the question at hand

Fleet 500
07-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Those who believe in ghosts!!! please give me some of that good stuff,I like to see ghosts to....!LOL!! it is all in your mind that is it.
You're going to be a ghost someday. Does that mean you won't believe in yourself? :confused: :D

GT F1
07-27-2005, 10:08 PM
I don't believe in "ghosts" just the energy remains of an organism who felt a deep emotional experience before dying.

crisis
07-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Well I think you know what UCPs chief skeptic and killjoy thinks. Sorry. I have heard hundreds of stories about things that have happened that were unexplainable. They are all explainable. It is just much more fun to think it was a ghost than a 1000000000000000:1 coincidence.

Rockefella
07-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Don't see it as scientifically possible. I don't believe it one bit.

R34GTR
07-28-2005, 03:39 AM
^^ me 2 and those shows are all special effects