PDA

View Full Version : Uploading......? :(

spi-ti-tout
07-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey guys...

I've come to the point (wtih this problem) that I need to make a whole thread about it. Heres the problem:

Can someone just tell me why my uploading is screwed? EVERYTIME I try to upload a 48MB file on yousendit.com (Upload size limit - 1 GB) it uploads for a while and then will say - "Cannot find Server". This has happened like 5-6 times and is very pissing off. I took a leaf out of James books and tried rapidshare.de (USL - 50MB) but again EVERYTIME when I click upload it tells me - "The page cannot be displayed" :mad: . This is strange because I used to have 80% success on yousendit and 100% success on rapidshare when I tried to upload something. Also another thing is everytime I try to download something from rapidshare it always tells me that the "server has noticed some very extreme downloads today and gives me my IP number.
( Oh wait, I JUST tried it and it worked, for the first time!! Man this is confusing :confused: )

Anybody knowing anything about what might be causing my uploads to fail PLEASE tell me or suggest an alternative uploading like as its very urgent, and I want to get it done by tonight. Thanks in advance people :)

spitey

Matra et Alpine
07-26-2005, 09:30 AM
A couple of things....

Your ISP may be running beyond "safe capacity" on their network in interconnects and are losing traffic.

If you're running a Linksys router/gateway, get the latest firmware. There was a problem with them overflowing on long transfers.

Check your cabling, you may have poor cables or ground issues and local power problems. Welding on large construction sites can be good for that :)

But mor ethan likely, your ISP is part of the "cartel" tryign to stop illegal fiel sharing. There are a numebr of examples been cited where the RIAA/MPLS have attacked file sharing servers and bittorrent seeds that have been sharing illegal copies. Downside is that their approach affects the legal stuff being transferred too :(

So check your equipment and cabling first. If not, then just keep trying OR fidn the file on bittorrent and get it that way :)

Matt
07-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Yousendit sucks. That happens to me half the time as well and I hear the same thing from others. It's YSI, not you.