PDA

View Full Version : Back from ITALY!!!

Rijoh
07-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi people,
I'm back from Italy and it was a great vacation. Great weather every day :)
And....I've been to the holy place MARANELLO just south of Modena :D
I made a long journey to get there, 3 hours in total from the place where I stayed to Maranello. When I got to Modena there was a truck with brand new Ferrari's and Maserati's driving on the other side of the road, then my heart started to beat faster ;)
And then I got to Maranello, it was absolutely awesome to be there, the whole town is just about Ferrari and nothing else. First I went to the Galleria, the museum where all the best Ferrari's are displayed. A lot of old and newer Formule one cars, the 288 GTO, F40, F50 (my all time favourite) and Enzo. And a lot of other special cars like the 550 Barchetta, racers and classics. After that I went to the front opening gate where the new customers come to collect their cars. Then I went to the factory rear gate where the cars go in and out. I also took pictures from the cars inside the factorysite, but the guard didn't like that because there also was the 575 replacement, dressed up like a 612.
Then I ran very fast away ;) to the Fiorano test track, where they were testing the new small Ferrari or the new Maserati Coupé (I don't know exactly). At the entrygate, there where F430's and a 612 getting in and out. So I could see and hear them from very close. After that I found a good spot to take pics and videos from the cars that drove around the track.
Also when I walked from place to place there where F430's, and 575's driving past every couple of minutes, just sooo totally awesome. And in one of the F430 screaming by there was mister Dario Benuzzi behind the wheel, the Ferrari test driver with the shades (he also appeared in 5th Gear's Ferrari Enzo review) :) And I was also blown away by the greatness of the F430 just like Jeremy Clarkson, it just looks and sounds phenominal, really one of the absolute best (and cheapest) Ferrari's!

Rijoh
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
And at the end I payed a visit to the Official Ferrari Store and Shopping Formula One, because I just had to buy something. Luckily I didn't lose my mind completely so I didn't spend thousands of euros on some second hand Formula One part but i just bought a nice Ferrari keyring.
I wanted to visit Lamborghin in Santa Agatha Bolognese too, but my two slightly chagrined parents didn't want that anymore, so I'll go there next year ;)
I really had a great time there, and it got clearly I really am a true supercar addict. So if you've never been there I can highly recommend a visit :)

On the Autobahn and Autostrada I saw some pretty nice cars also:
-Porsche Cayman :eek: on the Autobahn, only saw it in a flash but it looked really good (first UCP'er to see the Cayman? :cool: )
-Bentley Flying Spur (beautiful) and Continental GT (witch looks even better)
-2x Lambo Gallardo
-Morgan Aero 8 (first time I saw one :) )
-Couple of Maseti 4-portes and Coupe's
And some other Ferrari's and Porsches
Also set a new personal high speed record on the Autobahn, 180 km/h in my dad's Opel Omega :cool:

Now I must go, I'll post more and higher res pics tomorrow, be patient :)

Viper007
07-27-2005, 02:49 PM
i have got to go to italy

Matra et Alpine
07-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Try to hire a Clio 182 or Megane 225 to get the experience in the alps to compare once you get home :)
Where are you heading, for how long, business or pleasure ????

taz_rocks_miami
07-27-2005, 02:59 PM

Ditto, but come to think of it, if I were to go there; you'd have to hog tie me to get me to leave :)

jones.dk
07-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I went to Modena last year.

Got to see the Ferrari factory and all the other things you have to see when youre in maranello. It was SOOO cool:D I saw some of the first 612's ever and a lot of other Ferraris and Maseratis..

Luckily i also got to see Lamborghini :p Of course there wasnt as much to see compared with Ferrari, but people where so nice and you could have a look at the workers assemblying the cars:D:D

I'm definetly going to Modena again ;) :D

man 430gt
07-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Man i'm itching to go now, can't ait to see ur pics.

furious_fiero
07-27-2005, 09:31 PM
One of my dreams is to visit the Ferrari factory.

Lets see some more pics!!!

Schumacher
07-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Have you eaten Lasagne??? :D

Rijoh
07-28-2005, 05:41 AM
Have you eaten Lasagne??? :D
Actually I ate a hamburger sandwich at the Cavallino restaurant in the Galleria :p

Rijoh
07-28-2005, 06:00 AM
I don't have time to post all my pics but here are some:
First Galleria #1

Rijoh
07-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Galleria #2

Rijoh
07-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Galleria #3

Rijoh
07-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Galleria #4

Rijoh
07-28-2005, 06:11 AM
I'll post more later, sadly I can't host the videos on my server at the moment!

Rijoh
07-28-2005, 06:12 AM
One of my dreams is to visit the Ferrari factory.

Just buy a new Ferrari and it will come true ;)

Schumacher
07-28-2005, 07:18 AM
From a good fork:
prove to take Lasagne, ravioli or fettuccine.......and after tell me!!!

There are a lot of good good plates

Rijoh
07-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Around Maranello, last 1 at the factory site:

Rijoh
07-29-2005, 09:30 AM
There is the 575 replacement at the bottom of the second pic, I had to run away for the guard so the pic kinda sucks, 3 and 4 are at the Fiorano track:

netburner
07-29-2005, 09:32 AM
first UCP'er to see the Cayman? :cool:

If it was without Camoflage: maybe
If not: No! I saw two at Nürburgring Nordschleife last year.

Rijoh
07-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Last three, I'll post the video where you can see the camouflaged small Ferrari/new Maserati Coupé later:

Rijoh
07-29-2005, 09:35 AM
If it was without Camoflage: maybe
If not: No! I saw two at Nürburgring Nordschleife last year.
It was without camouflage :)

carreragt10
07-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Nice Pics ;)

QuattroMan
07-30-2005, 01:13 PM
You know what???!!! "F@CK THIS" I'm going to move to Europe,I love European cars and here I am surround it by nothing but JAP cars... :D

Matra et Alpine
07-30-2005, 01:15 PM
You know what???!!! "F@CK THIS" I'm going to move to Europe,I love European cars and here I am surround it by nothing but JAP cars... :D
Dont' get your hopes up too much, there are plenty of Hondas, Mitsubishis and Nissans here too !!!!

QuattroMan
07-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Dont' get your hopes up too much, there are plenty of Hondas, Mitsubishis and Nissans here too !!!!

OHHHH MAN!! why?! you guys dont need that junk there,close the doors befor it gets wrost...LOL!!! :)

Rijoh
07-31-2005, 01:56 AM
And Toyota's :rolleyes: :(

Schumacher
07-31-2005, 02:17 AM
And Toyota's :rolleyes: :(

Real in center of town....becouse are small and easy to park....but if you go a little moment on a freeway or or the interland...you can see a lot of Audi, Bmw, Mercedes and Porsche that you lose the count! :p

Rijoh
07-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Real in center of town....becouse are small and easy to park....but if you go a little moment on a freeway or or the interland...you can see a lot of Audi, Bmw, Mercedes and Porsche that you lose the count! :p
Yes in Italy you see a lot of nice german cars but here in the Netherlands there are a lot of boring Toyota's and other jap crap.

Fumacher
07-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Last three, I'll post the video where you can see the camouflaged small Ferrari/new Maserati Coupé later:
is Ferrari still making Maserati's? I thought they sold Maserati to get money, so that they can develop their F1 cars.