PDA

View Full Version : lancia beta: help?

whiteballz
07-27-2005, 02:20 PM
hey everybody!

just got news there is a lancia beta that is just sitting on my sisters friends front lawn. he is willing to give it to me as a first car. its really quite bad inside apparently, just wear and tear from sitting outside most its life.

are lancia beta's a good car? would they cost much to repair? i really would love to have this lancia as a first car, especialy if its from '79 (they dont know what year its from)

any help/specs is great

regards - sam

EDIT: apparently it needs a new engine, i havent been able to find any, but i havent looked on ebay or any other site like it, just through the classifieds.

spi-ti-tout
07-27-2005, 03:29 PM
The middle of this video might help (http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XVXVSDQKGJF83B3MS0AZ1CFXF ) :D

whiteballz
07-27-2005, 03:54 PM
it might if the link worked :D

nota
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
A car like that would certainly give you the quintissential Euro Experience, ie: good to drive .. bad to own

The fact that he is willing to give it to you as a freebie should give you some idea of its true value. The cost of buying/installing even a crappy 2nd hand donk would far, far exceed what the car would then be worth to resell, which is bugger-all. As it now stands, I estimate its current market-worth to be about $30 from Simsmetal :D

I once knew a young guy who owned a 'stable' of three fine euro classics, he reckoned they were winners and would extoll their superior attributes at every opportunity. They were (a) Citroen GS (b) Austin 1800 Mk 1 auto (c) Lancia Beta. Incredible! None of them worked, or one would go for a brief time, then stop. In reality they just sat around cluttering his life up. To get around, he either got a lift from me .. or caught the bus

Matra et Alpine
07-27-2005, 05:07 PM
In reality they just sat around cluttering his life up. To get around, he either got a lift from me .. or caught the bus
yeah owning a British, French and Italian car just guarantees that you can NEVER have all three working at the same time - if you can get any of those examples to work for longer than a month ( well maybe a bit rough on the DS :) )