PDA

View Full Version : Bad mum or bad kid?

r1ckst4
07-28-2005, 03:50 AM
Whacko mother does some very extreme parenting
you be the judge... (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/mean_mom.wmv)

drakkie
07-28-2005, 04:00 AM
what did she take ?

edit: the kid stays surprisingly calm !!!i could never be so cool... only Kimi raik ;)

IWantAnAudiRS6
07-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Jesus. The kid is being rational. Wow, he was asking for politeness while he was telling his mum to **** off...

Interesting at how long it takes to get started, and the pauses. Is she asking for his credit card???

IWantAnAudiRS6
07-28-2005, 04:06 AM
"Are you done yet?"

Sounds like me, but thankfully my mother isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as that. In fact, she only does that when I deserve it :)

Matra et Alpine
07-28-2005, 04:20 AM
why is he recording it ?

Could he have "created" the situation ?
I'm not goign to judge anyeon without hearing everything that came before - especially when someone goes so far as to set up a secret recording of the outcome.

however, she REALLY loses the plot - good role model mom ? NOT :(

But the kid posting the tape on the internet ? THERE is a kid needing a bit of responsibilty. Hell he's 16, not 6 !!!

So as I said, I bet it's deeper and on both sides.

r1ckst4
07-28-2005, 04:47 AM
i agree with u Matra... i cant really say who the bad guy is. I think the mother needs to control her temper and the kid didnt have to play around with his mum at the time he should've just gave what she wanted and get it over with instead of making the situation worse and record it.

I think the kid was planing to show the video to Child Support or some sort... in a way i feel kind sorry for the mother... i think she was just having a really really bad day.

R34GTR
07-28-2005, 05:01 AM
Bad day or not she went over the line, Maybe she's a single mom struggling tp pay the bills and fullfill her kids needs this is what I concluded after the conversation with the man ( mom's Boyfriend?) I'm surprised she didn't slap him

Merrill
07-28-2005, 05:24 AM
I pity the kid…If that is me i'd commit suicide.

Matra et Alpine
07-28-2005, 05:35 AM
I pity the kid…If that is me i'd commit suicide.
? hmm, no empathy for the mom ?
Maybe she faces her house being repossessed if she dones't get to work ??
Maybe she's borderline sucidal herself from the stress of bringing up a 16 yo - especially one so seemingly willing to "press buttons" ???
maybe she jsut found out from the dr that she has termianl illness and doesn't know how to cope with it.
There are a milllion and one reason from a whole range of possibel scenarios why her initial anger is appropriate.
And some possible reasons on why she then can't control the 'rage'.
I'd not judge too harshly and certainly woudnt' judge it only from one side !!!

shakawkaw
07-28-2005, 07:01 AM
**** i've never thought that someone even could scream that hard
and the kid is a ****ing asshole if i was the mom i would kick his ***

fa22_raptor
07-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Regardless of the underlying reasons, it takes nothing away from the fact that she's a skitz :)

Cotterik
07-28-2005, 07:59 AM
someone tell me whats on the vid this aint my pc

R34GTR
07-28-2005, 08:48 AM
a kid in his room getting yelled at by his mom, and MOM goes mental phsyco and kid stays as cool as Kimi (Raikonnen)

man 430gt
07-28-2005, 09:51 AM
haha didn't watch all the video but the 10 seconds i saw was funnny:D

TheGodfather
07-28-2005, 10:15 AM
I like how he keeps saying ask me nicely to his mom. It's a bit of a role reverse..usually the 16 year old acne faced teenager is screaming at his m0m to give him the keys to the car so he can go crusin' with his friends..Man even if it was acting i would be scared *#@!less if i were him..

GT F1
07-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Bad parents lead to bad kids, I guess. I agree with Matra that he could of set this up to look like his mom was the bad guy. It reminds me of the movie 8 mile with Eminem and his mom.

ruim20
07-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I'd kick that kids ass so hard he'd caugh credit cards, dam... he would rob credit cards to give them to me.

I guess the mom had it, she just couldn't take it any more.

shr0olvl
07-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Hmmmmmm.
So is he a spoiled kid that his mother yelled at him for being a spoiled kid.
Or is he a working kid with a crazy mother?

And if hes an ass or foul mouthed, he learned it from her. Shes the root of the problem.

But drug withdrawls are a mother fuker.

quattro_20v
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
wow, I thought my mom flipped out sometimes but I've never seen it this bad before... and whatever the reason was for the fight... I wouldn't listen to anyone screaming like that... they can hear her on the other side of town...

DiabloVT
07-29-2005, 08:05 PM
yeah if i were the kid id make some plans to get the hell outta dodge, having a homelife like that isnt good!
but that really sounds like something id do (but my parents would never yell at me like that), just keep a cool head and wait for the other party to get their head together and treat u how u want to be treated, and not buckle under their anger. go son! :D

scottie300z
08-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Bad parents lead to bad kids.

I agree, only rarely does a kid have the fortitude enough to make sure they turn out good despite their bad parents. The bad mom's bad parenting most likely created the bad kid. Its come full circle.

But then you could go the whole nature vs nurture route and ask if thats just how he is or if his mother's bad parenting created him that way. and its impossible to tell for sure from the video. Sure she may be bad know but what if he just is a rotten apple and she used to be a good parent but now she is at her wits end and is cracking? its impossible to tell w/o more information.

NoOne
08-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Nasty bit of video/audio

The mother's behaviour is totally inexcusable under any circumstances, that including financial, health or whatever issues. I don't think we need more information leading up to the point the video was shot, someone that far over the edge wasn't that far from it to start with (IMHO).

Verbal/emotional abuse can be much worse than physical. I believe that having to grow up in that kind of enviroment will directly affect how someone will develop as an adult, or ultimately as a parent.

Sure the kid is being a cocky smartass (haven't we been there - or close to it - at some point?) .... but could he really deserve that kind of abuse?... and was his request out of line? ... I don't think so.

Maybe his attitude could even be a bit of a defense mechanism, removing himself from a volatile situation by trying to control it - call it pushing buttons if you like but the result is he didn't resort to his own rage. You don't have to fight fire with fire. Good on him for being bigger than the situation.

Personally, I hope the tape was made as evidence for Childrens Aid or likewise organization, I hope she loses the custody of her child/children, a reality check might be the best thing that could happen to her, and possibly her family.

Viper007
08-04-2005, 08:13 AM
That mom is a complete and total bitch. The kid is doing a great job keeping his cool and so is his father. She deserves to get kicked in the face.

dydzi
08-04-2005, 08:42 AM
a retorical question: is there any chance women like her can raise a normal child?

rev440
08-04-2005, 08:44 AM
"shes been treating you better then youve ever been treated you in your entire life." I feel so sorry for that kid. Even Foster kids get treated better than that. HOLY SHIT thats bad. I wouldnt commite suicide ive had some freinds do that. Id most defiantly go into foster care. They atleast treat you well.

Indyrs500
08-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Maybe he told his mom he was going to borrow his uncle's Ferrari Enzo and move to Detroit to become a car designer before dieing in a rather shallow and badly described accident with a telegraph pole? Apparently it's all possible and with 16 year old's, i'm led to believe (Even though i don't). :eek:

ZeTurbo
08-06-2005, 03:53 PM
im sure its fake.

No one ( no not the ucp member) could stay that calm under such stress frrom a crazy person like that.

Niko_Fx
08-06-2005, 03:57 PM
im sure its fake.

No one ( no not the ucp member) could stay that calm under such stress frrom a crazy person like that.

If I were to make a vid I would stay as calm as possible too, just to have more in favor when the local police or whatever sees it.

NoOne
08-06-2005, 07:52 PM
im sure its fake.

I get the impression that this was not a solitary situation, that this may be a regular occurance, so I think staying calm wouldn't be so difficult. IMHO

CSL
08-06-2005, 11:21 PM
if that wasant a set up i dont know what is

that is the only reason that he is calm so he can put on this show, as someone said before, show me what happen 10 minutes ago and i bet its a lot different. id LOVE to see how this kid really is. If i found out he was taping me it would be the last thing he taped.