PDA

View Full Version : Progress: Ferrari 550 Maranello

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 04:57 AM
This is the new Fujimi kit...finally a plastic kit of the 550 after all these years...the 575 kit has just been released also.

They did a good job on it...only the interior is a little vague that's why I'll prolly use the Maisto interior which has much more detail and will fit once I saw off the fake engine bay.

So far I have glued on the front/rear bumpers...sanded off the mold lines and primed the body with Variprime to block the red plastic from bleeding. Don't know what color it will be...something darkish probably because my 575 will be a light color.

McReis
07-29-2005, 07:11 AM
This is the new Fujimi kit...finally a plastic kit of the 550 after all these years...the 575 kit has just been released also.

They did a good job on it...only the interior is a little vague that's why I'll prolly use the Maisto interior which has much more detail and will fit once I saw off the fake engine bay.

So far I have glued on the front/rear bumpers...sanded off the mold lines and primed the body with Variprime to block the red plastic from bleeding. Don't know what color it will be...something darkish probably because my 575 will be a light color.

Nice work. Paint it in dark blue. It's one ofthe original colors of the Maranello that suits it better. And is goes well with beige interiors.

Merrill
07-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Cant wait to see the final product

Esperante
07-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Very good. I see Fujimi is realizing they need to put quality into their products now? ;)
My FTO just had flat surfaces for the interior doors, not even a handle.
Then again, is that engine just one piece?

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Very good. I see Fujimi is realizing they need to put quality into their products now? ;)
My FTO just had flat surfaces for the interior doors, not even a handle.
Then again, is that engine just one piece?

Yeah, that's what Maisto usually does in the engine bay, Bburago many times has almost a full engine. But I don't care as I'm building it curbside anyway.

man 430gt
07-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Looks great and i agree with McReis, paint it dark blue.

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Looks great and i agree with McReis, paint it dark blue.

Yeah, I'm thinking the blue would be the way to go too. :)

Cotterik
07-29-2005, 04:44 PM
why dark blue? lighter blue would be horny

Esperante
07-29-2005, 06:18 PM
A light blue like the blue I used on my FTO would be great, but he said he's probably not going to go light due to his next model's colour choice. ;)

Dino Scuderia
07-29-2005, 06:33 PM
It's going to be a good medium metallic blue.

Esperante
07-29-2005, 06:44 PM
I would recommend Racing Blue for that one, myself. Almost a metallic cobalt.

Dino Scuderia
07-30-2005, 03:25 AM
I would recommend Racing Blue for that one, myself. Almost a metallic cobalt.

I have some automotive lacquer I will airbrush on that is close to that color....but it has better pigments.

Dino Scuderia
07-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Got medium blue metallic on and 3 coats of clear, will polish it tomorrow.

Cotterik
07-31-2005, 10:57 AM
yummy

Dino Scuderia
08-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Decided to use the complete Maisto interior just for fun...it's more three dimensional than Fujimi's. It has it's bad point though like the thick steering wheel and no shift gate....could have fixed those but for laziness.

Had to make a spacer to go around the rear shelf which was cut from sheet styrene. The light blue 'carpet' is flocking material for imitating carpet in scale...doesn't look too good because I haven't mastered a technique, I'll make a tutorial when I do.