PDA

View Full Version : [question] substitute color for TS-54 Light Metallic Blue

woodstock827
07-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi
I'm building a Tamiya Mercedes CLK-DTM 2000 Team Original-Teile
the one with the exploded hood cover design

the bumper color specifies TS-54, but i can't find any store that stock that color.... (and i bought a TS-53 by mistake.. remembering the wrong code :P )

so what other color is a good substitute for it please? I'm thinking TS-50 Mica Blue, would that be okay?

also what other color is a good substitute for AS-20 for the car's body? it's not as important as the car is mostly covered by decals anyway... but still want a good match. a hobby shop suggested Pearl White TS-45, what do u guys think?

thanks a million!

Dino Scuderia
07-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi
I'm building a Tamiya Mercedes CLK-DTM 2000 Team Original-Teile
the one with the exploded hood cover design

the bumper color specifies TS-54, but i can't find any store that stock that color.... (and i bought a TS-53 by mistake.. remembering the wrong code :P )

so what other color is a good substitute for it please? I'm thinking TS-50 Mica Blue, would that be okay?

also what other color is a good substitute for AS-20 for the car's body? it's not as important as the car is mostly covered by decals anyway... but still want a good match. a hobby shop suggested Pearl White TS-45, what do u guys think?

thanks a million!

Don't use pearl white, use TS 26 Pure White...and the closest blue to TS 54 is Mica Blue...but it's going to be darker and more blue.

Matra et Alpine
07-30-2005, 12:44 PM
This used to be called "TS Alpine blue" a special for the Alpine kits ...

http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/tamiyapaintcharts.php

Might be worth checking if your store has it instead.

woodstock827
07-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks. the AS20 seems to have a greyish shade to it, wouldn't pure white be too white?

Dino Scuderia
07-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks. the AS20 seems to have a greyish shade to it, wouldn't pure white be too white?

The car definitely isn't pearl white, just spray TS 26 over gray primer.