PDA

View Full Version : automotive software

elfonkuete
01-28-2004, 10:18 AM
this may sound like a weird question but here it goes. in the movie fast and furious, when they start building the car and the kid with the white vw pops in a floppy with all the info on a supra. well basically, where can i get some software like that or how do i create it. i want something that i can use in my computer. i know there is a desktop dyno 2000 but thats just #'s, and sport compact just came out with new stuff. well if ne one knows pls let me know. by the way im posting this in racing too. thnx for ur help.

crisis
02-18-2004, 11:35 PM
I dont know about that film but the software required to reprogram engine management systems is expensive and hard to get because companies dont want everyone reprogramming their engines. It is also quite complex to use. My brother in law has a couple that he uses on Holden V6s and 5lt V8s. They cost him around A$25000 each. Among other things it enable a qualified user to get the correct stoichiometric effeciency over a wide range of throttle openings (almost infinite if you can be bothered ). It takes the piggy back chip thing a step further as those generally are designed to overide the factory chip at full throttle etc. You can also adjust automatic shift patterns.
A guy in Australia spends all his time cracking the factory codes so he can sell the software to do the upgrades.