PDA

View Full Version : Misho from Belgium

Misho
07-31-2005, 02:01 PM
hi all, just wanted to log in from Belgium and see if anyone here can tell me of good places to visit here.
this is my annual vacation so i will be here for a 1 month probably. the reason i am spending my vacation here is that coz my dad just had major surgery over here so i am visiting him.
anyways, i in a place called Zaventem, which is like 10-15 mins from Bruxell. if anyone knows of good places to visit here, please inform me !!

Fumacher
07-31-2005, 02:06 PM
yesss...visit Lozenberg 13 or so near Zaventem. That's the Ferrari dealer there ;)

Or go downtown....... to Grand Place, nice place for tourists.

R34GTR
07-31-2005, 02:06 PM
A good place to visit mm I'd say Holland :D Ok but seriously Anderlecht and Brussels are interesting cities so I've heard

eros
07-31-2005, 02:10 PM
in brussel there is a slr showroom and a maybah.
and there is atoworl in brussel near de heizel (atomium) its a carmuseum

IWantAnAudiRS6
07-31-2005, 03:22 PM
In Zeebrugge-Bad (near to Brussels, methinks), there is an amazing beach and a great takeaway food shop. Go there in the evening and absorb the amazing sunset, in the beach, while eating steak stew with chips & mayonnaise :) It's on the promenade. The town is a shitty little place, the seafront is not.

*Nova*
07-31-2005, 03:29 PM
You must go to Antwerp (the old parts) it's just marvelous.
Try some of our BELGIAN FRIES (they're definitely not french)!!!
Our chocolat and beer will be available in every supermarket or store!!!
(my suggestion : Palm (beer) and a nice piece of Cote D'or (chocolat) )
Enjoy your stay in my country !!! :p

IWantAnAudiRS6
07-31-2005, 03:32 PM
You must go to Antwerp (the old parts) it's just marvelous.
Try some of our BELGIAN FRIES (they're definitely not french)!!!
Our chocolat and beer will be available in every supermarket or store!!!
(my suggestion : Palm (beer) and a nice piece of Cote D'or (chocolat) )
Enjoy your stay in my country !!! :p
Your chips are absolutely amazing :)

Ostend is a lovely place, had breakfast there and dinner, quite a few times while we were on holiday.

Cotterik
07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
visit chocolate world!

drakkie
07-31-2005, 11:53 PM
there is a museum near Hasselt,called "Bokrijk". http://www.limburg.be/bokrijk/eng/html/openluchtmuseum.html
on display are a lot of historical buildings from all over Belgium that are transported to there.it is a really nice museum. have a beer in the monistrary there :) but beware some contin up to 30% of alcohol :p

edit: go to spa-frachorchamps.it is partly accessable with your car,cos its public road :)

henk4
08-01-2005, 01:07 AM
edit: go to spa-frachorchamps.it is partly accessable with your car,cos its public road :)

Not any longer, the days that you could drive Raidillon with your own car are over, everywhere they made bypasses.

Fluppe
08-01-2005, 01:39 AM
There are a lot of Belgian cities that you really have to visit:
*Antwerp (medieval houses, shopping, nightlife, near a big river)
*Bruges (medieval centre, called "the Venice of the north)
*Brussels (capital of Belgium & Europe, nice buildings, medieval market place, shopping)
*Gent (medieval centre, you can visit the city on boat, it's nice to walk around)
*the coastline and the North Sea
*maybe you can try out Walibi in Wavre,not that far from Brussels. It has some nice rollercoasters, plenty of fun and Aqualibi, an indoor swimming paradise
*if you're interested in a nature walk, try out tha walking paths on the "Baraque Fraiture" & "Baraque Michel" not very far away from Spa (best racing cicruit in the world)

So, these are some of the things I'd sugest you to see...
Hope you have a great time in Belgium!

eros
08-01-2005, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=IWantAnAudiRS6]In Zeebrugge-Bad (near to Brussels, methinks),

Brussels lies in the middel of belgium and zeebrugge at the sea that is not next to each other

henk4
08-01-2005, 06:28 AM
and Misho, have you realised how close you are to the engine room of UCP? :D

VtecMini
08-01-2005, 07:19 AM
I spent a few days in Gent, which was really nice. Fascinating old place, ruined only by a Macdonalds on one of the main roads.

The only other place I've been in Belgium is Seneffe (Snef?). Which was a bit rubbish.

Misho
08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
and Misho, have you realised how close you are to the engine room of UCP? :D

nope, not really !! :) how close am i ??
anyways, our host here has a 2005 BMW 525 diesel. pretty nice car so far. ill post a more detailed review in the next few days !!

henk4
08-02-2005, 12:25 AM
nope, not really !! :) how close am i ??

If you are still in Zaventem, and depending on the ringroad works in Antwerp, it would take you less than 1.5 hours, certainly during the current holiday period. I do the this trip at least ten times per year on the "autopilot"