PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft

sleekeywoowoo
08-01-2005, 08:10 AM
I seen somebodys signature say they played airsoft,and i myself am an airsoft player,so i was just wondering how many others are out there on this forum that play. and what kind of guns and other equipment do you have.

I jsut started out and have a really shitty crossman gun,but when i scrap up enough money plan on buynig an ak-47 replica.

kko
08-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Exige and pshycochimp do, i have a coubple times but i dont have my own gun =(

Sackalack GT
08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I know what airsoft guns are, I'm not sure what they shoot though, are they plastic pellets, or foam, or what? What are prices like as well?

I'm a paintballer myself, anyone else? I've got a Tippmann A-5 with a Flatline barrel and a remote hose, I love it.

baddabang
08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I bought this single shot 9mm replica at a fleamarket for $5, thats about as far as I got with it.

sleekeywoowoo
08-01-2005, 10:10 AM
I know what airsoft guns are, I'm not sure what they shoot though, are they plastic pellets, or foam, or what? What are prices like as well?

They shoot little 6mm[i tink] plastic balls,a bit bigger than BBs. And the prices,well they range from 39.99-well over 2000.00, but you could get a good gun for 500$CDN. You can also get paintballs for them Im not hardcore into it but its fun as hell playing tactical missions and stuf in the woods where a game can go up to 6 hours.

Sweeney921
08-01-2005, 10:22 AM
I actually just started playing, I have a fully automatic uzi, but it doesn't shoot very far or accurately.

Widsinator
08-01-2005, 10:29 AM
I played a little while ago, got bored with it, had a top of the line Tokyo Marui MP5A4. Liked it because it had a compact packgage, had a large battery, was acurate, and looked great. It came with a black tip to replace the tacky orange one. Great gun, I would definaltley reccomend it.

ruim20
08-01-2005, 10:49 AM
I actually just started playing, I have a fully automatic uzi, but it doesn't shoot very far or accurately.

It'a an UZI that's what they do! hehe :D

I have two pellet guns, a Gammo Pistol and a Norica rifle, wich was my grandfathers, it's great really accurate. i don't play airsfot but i'd like to, specialy to try out the auto rifles hehe

Orefus
08-01-2005, 10:52 AM
www.jdwholesale.com cheap guns there.

Widsinator
08-01-2005, 11:13 AM
The guns at JD are horrible, you can get better quality spring pistols for half as much as those rifles. I'd stay away.

sleekeywoowoo
08-01-2005, 11:36 AM
I played a little while ago, got bored with it, had a top of the line Tokyo Marui MP5A4. Liked it because it had a compact packgage, had a large battery, was acurate, and looked great. It came with a black tip to replace the tacky orange one. Great gun, I would definaltley reccomend it.
Tokyo Marui makes the best 1:1 replics i heard,the ak-47 i plan on buynig are from them,but since it'll come right from japan[?] it ownt have the orange tip.

Zytek_Fan
08-01-2005, 02:52 PM
eBay has good guns

sleekeywoowoo
08-01-2005, 03:44 PM
not for canada.

baddabang
08-01-2005, 04:26 PM

I'm a paintballer myself, anyone else? I've got a Tippmann A-5 with a Flatline barrel and a remote hose, I love it.

yeah tippmanns are ok, I have the tippmann 98 model. But iv got no balls right now. :p

Sackalack GT
08-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah same here, I'm hoping to convince my friends to come to a field with me, they're all scared of getting shot, so naturally I'm going to be gunning for them :D

Widsinator
08-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes Tokyo Marui is the best, I did a good two weeks or so of reasearch before I bought mine, and while the other option (can't remeber the exact name I think its a american something?) has a metal body, which alot of people like, they were not as reliable when I bought my gun. Id definatley go Tokyo if your going to get a AK-47

clutch-monkey
08-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Id definatley go Tokyo if your going to get a AK-47
i'd go to afghanistan, myself. cos $60 gets you a real one :D

Widsinator
08-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Haha, are you serious thats dirt cheap? And to clarify I meant Tokyo Marui haha.

NuclearCrap
08-02-2005, 05:19 AM
The G3 is good if you don't mind the weight of it. I have a Marui G3 SG-1 with some tweaking and it's super-accurate. My bro's M4 cost like $1.2k. Get the AK-Spetsnaz. :)

clutch-monkey
08-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Haha, are you serious thats dirt cheap? And to clarify I meant Tokyo Marui haha.
afghanistan has some very skilled worksmiths, most often you have to check for spelling mistakes on the serial number etc of the AK to differentiate it from a russian made one :)

QuattroMan
08-02-2005, 05:44 PM
I seen somebodys signature say they played airsoft,and i myself am an airsoft player,so i was just wondering how many others are out there on this forum that play. and what kind of guns and other equipment do you have.

I jsut started out and have a really shitty crossman gun,but when i scrap up enough money plan on buynig an ak-47 replica.
if its not the real thing, I don't waste my time on them.. :)

rallyswift75
04-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes Tokyo Marui is the best, I did a good two weeks or so of reasearch before I bought mine, and while the other option (can't remeber the exact name I think its a american something?) has a metal body, which alot of people like, they were not as reliable when I bought my gun. Id definatley go Tokyo if your going to get a AK-47

I like JG and ICS.

MRR
04-08-2008, 05:10 PM

Yeah paintballing is better anyway. Got a similar set up but with a different barrel.

RacingManiac
04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
To the OP, being Canadian its hard to get proper Airsoft guns at the lower price that elsewhere enjoys.....as this sport is still very much "grey" under the law in Canada. Airsoft Canada (http://www.airsoftcanada.com) you can get more and better information.

I do play, but not often, I have a gas pistol and a electric rifle....

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=268967&stc=1&d=1207708124

Its a Tokyo Marui SIG 552 and a Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 upgraded with metal kit...

70cuda88
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
is that the "premiere holy s*** package"?

RacingManiac
04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
definitely not premiere...lol They do cost twice as much as you would get it in US. But they are quite basic, well the rifle is anyhow, the pistol is fully upgraded and have quite a lot of my pretty pennies in it...

jediali
04-08-2008, 11:12 PM
i have an airsoft automatic M4 and a basic little sig sauer. the M16 isnt accurate but its a lot of fun. goes through bbs very quickly.
http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/images/2.5424_1_g.jpg
http://remtek.com/arms/sig/model/226/226.gif

the M4 was £65, plus any realer and people get very nervous...just taking this out my car boot and into house can be an issue in such a gun concious and hating country. I do agree that guns are pretty nasty things, but little bbs do nothing dangerous.

edit: in the UK bb guns arent allowed to look realistic anymore i dont think, they have to be see through.i bought mine before this was brought in.

RacingManiac
04-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I think UK laws now states that if you are underage player your gun needs to be 2 tone, with a portion of the gun looks like radioactive green. And adult no such restriction I think....

The_Canuck
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah cause some people think it's brilliant to bring them to school and scare people...

RacingManiac
04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah cause some people think it's brilliant to bring them to school and scare people...

ruins it for everyone really....

kingofthering
04-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Naw, all about precision air. :cool:

NicFromLA
04-10-2008, 03:37 AM
I'm looking to pick up an airsoft replica of the SIG P226 myself.

NSXType-R
04-10-2008, 01:54 PM
How's the situation in America?

How regulated is airsoft? :confused:

Is it just as strict as Britain?

NicFromLA
04-10-2008, 05:34 PM
I have no idea honestly. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that it's harder to get an Airsoft gun than a real gun.

RacingManiac
04-10-2008, 06:00 PM
US its quite open actually. You can buy airsoft gun in US, or you can get it from oversea and ship it to US, provided that there are no recognizable trademarks on it(so HK sellers usually use putty to cover the trades). And in most states and imported guns in general needs to have orange tipped barrel to signify that its a toy. I am not sure if there is an age limit, though local airsoft clubs might limit 18+ for players....

rallyswift75
04-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I own a TSD MP40 and they are quite easy to get in the US all the guns need is the orange tip. IT THE LAW! :D