PDA

View Full Version : The GT4 Challenge: Round 5

SIMPLETON
08-01-2005, 09:56 AM
it was close this week. But in the end Jack Bauer won by only a few thousands. I wont be posting all the times because I had the thingy all typed up and the whole thing crapped up. i will post the total points tommorow. So Jack what'll it be this week.

lightweight
08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I wont be posting all the times because I had the thingy all typed up and the whole thing crapped up.

Oh come on! You're killing us. Could you reconsider please?

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 11:40 AM
Jack won? What a shock! ;)

Jack_Bauer
08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh come on! You're killing us. Could you reconsider please?

Well why don't we all just post our own times, save SIMPLETON the hassle?

Mine was 1'03.820

Jack won? What a shock!

Well it seems you guys are getting closer, can only be a matter of time before I get beat. :)

I'll put my thinking cap on now and see if I can come up with a challenge for this week. Any suggestions? Do you want a road car or race car? Modern or vintage? :confused:

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Mine was 1:03.971...so close yet so far....

Congrats Jack!

Rockefella
08-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Formula 1, please!

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Formula 1, please!

HA! Is the F1 car given in Arcade mode?

Jack_Bauer
08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
HA! Is the F1 car given in Arcade mode?

Yeah, it's at the very end of the list of Japanese Manufacturers under Polyphony Digital.

But obviously you have to have won it first, has everyone here actually got the car?

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah, it's at the very end of the list of Japanese Manufacturers under Polyphony Digital.

But obviously you have to have won it first, has everyone here actually got the car?

That's what I meant...I bet everyone hasn't done the 24 hour race to win it....I have.

SIMPLETON
08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
I do hope you all post your times for the previous comp because I deleted the PMs before the thing crapped up. And I wont be able to tell you the updated points until then.. And I dont have the F1. I did, but not since my old saved game corrupted.

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I do hope you all post your times for the previous comp because I deleted the PMs before the thing crapped up. And I wont be able to tell you the updated points until then.. And I dont have the F1. I did, but not since my old saved game corrupted.

Note to self.....never loan SIMPLETON anything computer related.

j/k!
:)

Hey it's no biggie, we can all throw our times out here. You do a good job of running the challenges.

shockwaveracing
08-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Well why don't we all just post our own times, save SIMPLETON the hassle?

Mine was 1'03.820

Well it seems you guys are getting closer, can only be a matter of time before I get beat. :)

I'll put my thinking cap on now and see if I can come up with a challenge for this week. Any suggestions? Do you want a road car or race car? Modern or vintage? :confused:

bastard i got 1'03.844... :) pipped at the line again...

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
bastard i got 1'03.844... :) pipped at the line again...

Well I dropped another spot.

So did you set that time with the wheel or controller?

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Okay guys, post your times so we can move on to #5.

Also say if you have the F1 car or not.

Bob
08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
I didn't do last week I was on a cruise... I have F1 but I don't really want it for comp, its too fast for fun, but its up to Jack.

Jack_Bauer
08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Ok, I'm bored of waiting around! :D

Seeing as not everyone has the F1 car I don't think it would be fair to use it, sorry Rockefella! It occured to me that so far we are yet to use a rally car in these little challenges, so here we go.....

This week's challenge:

Arcade mode, Time Trial

Track: Costa di Amalfi 'Normal'

Car: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85 (available to win in Rally d'Umbria, Hard mode) It's my personal favourite Group B monster! :cool:

Tyres: Racing Super Soft

Quick tune: as much as you think you can handle! :p

STRICTLY NO DRIVER AIDS!!! Keep it real people!

Also, don't be a d!ck and deliberately bash off the walls to help you round the course, treat it as though it were a License test; a slight scuff against the wall is permissable but anything major and you cannot enter the lap.

Have fun boys and girls! :)

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Normal direction?

Jack_Bauer
08-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Normal direction?

Yes, Normal direction. Sorry 'bout that, I'll go edit the original post. :)

Dino Scuderia
08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Okay, I won the S4 with my RUF Boxster..it was fun...in the reverse round I had to repass the AI car twice.

Now that I've driven the S4 with no driver aids I can truly say that Jack's an evil dude.

Rockefella
08-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Also, don't be a d!ck and deliberately bash off the walls to help you round the course, treat it as though it were a License test; a slight scuff against the wall is permissable but anything major and you cannot enter the lap.
:D :D

F1_Master
08-01-2005, 10:15 PM
You all going down now. :D
I've been driving that course for days constantly using the cash to get my 8 XJ220s' (seriously), not counting the other cars I've been buying....So many hours on that couse.

You all going down. :cool:

Rockefella
08-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I've been driving that course for days constantly using the cash to get my 8 XJ220s' (seriously), not counting the other cars I've been buying....So many hours on that couse.

What are you getting 8 XJ220's for?

F1_Master
08-01-2005, 11:11 PM
What are you getting 8 XJ220's for?
Strange habit. I like to collect the same car in different colors for Photomode.

shockwaveracing
08-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Well I dropped another spot.

So did you set that time with the wheel or controller?

controller... i did a 1'04.5 with the wheel...

shockwaveracing
08-02-2005, 02:40 AM
Ok, I'm bored of waiting around! :D

Seeing as not everyone has the F1 car I don't think it would be fair to use it, sorry Rockefella! It occured to me that so far we are yet to use a rally car in these little challenges, so here we go.....

This week's challenge:

Arcade mode, Time Trial

Track: Costa di Amalfi 'Normal'

Car: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85 (available to win in Rally d'Umbria, Hard mode) It's my personal favourite Group B monster! :cool:

Tyres: Racing Super Soft

Quick tune: as much as you think you can handle! :p

STRICTLY NO DRIVER AIDS!!! Keep it real people!

Have fun boys and girls! :)

SHEESH i had better do all the rallies then... i only just realised that i hadn't done any of them yet... :(

Dino Scuderia
08-02-2005, 03:54 AM

I've won several of the Toyota's too, but this S4 wants to rotate if it just sees a curve...yikes!

SIMPLETON
08-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Please everyone PM your times to the previous comp so I can tally the points up. I had 7 people entering that last comp.

Dino Scuderia
08-02-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm not liking this Challenge at all... every time I touch the wall I feel I've cheated...some ways you hit the wall it helps you, others it penalizes you.... and you don't do any of it on purpose.

I'll turn in a time but I'm pretty much done with this one.

magracer
08-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi there guys.

Iīm up for the GT4 challenge... what a nice car Jack choose, it will bite you if you arenīt fully concentrated. Its lap time really surprised me at the īring. The track is less of a star though, I donīt really enjoy the fully walled limits, but hey, it might my turn to choose a track/car in the future.

Can any one take me up to speed on where should I post/send my lap time to be able to compete? Iīm confused on whether I should post them in the Gt4 chgll 4 thread or if I should PM them to Simpleton.

Thanks!

Mag

Jack_Bauer
08-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi there guys.

Iīm up for the GT4 challenge... what a nice car Jack choose, it will bite you if you arenīt fully concentrated. Its lap time really surprised me at the īring. The track is less of a star though, I donīt really enjoy the fully walled limits, but hey, it might my turn to choose a track/car in the future.

Can any one take me up to speed on where should I post/send my lap time to be able to compete? Iīm confused on whether I should post them in the Gt4 chgll 4 thread or if I should PM them to Simpleton.

Thanks!

Mag

Yeah, you should PM your time to SIMPLETON before midnight tonight. :)

magracer
08-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks! working on it right now...

Mag

6'bore
08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Not entered for a couple of weeks [on holiday] but I will be entering next week.

shockwaveracing
08-08-2005, 12:57 AM
i am afraid Jack caught me seriously napping this week (coz i hadn't done any rallies on gt4 yet)... i haven't had time to hone my rally skills this week to actually earn the car, so i haven't got a time, so of course i won't be in this competition... i will be awake for any future challenges hopefully though... :)