PDA

View Full Version : Polar Lights Ford GT is out!

Dino Scuderia
08-03-2005, 04:59 AM
Looks pretty nice and I suspect that eventhough it's 1/25 it won't look too bad next to a 1/24 original GT40 given that the new GT is 15% larger than the old one, might be close to equal with these two scale models.

View it here:

http://wwwboard.modelcarkits.com/index.pl?read=673975

henk4
08-03-2005, 05:26 AM
looks nice, but not much work to do there, looks more like a Burago 1/24 kit. Is the body in metal?

Dino Scuderia
08-03-2005, 05:40 AM
looks nice, but not much work to do there, looks more like a Burago 1/24 kit. Is the body in metal?

No, it's plastic...and as you can see decal stripes are included for those of us who want to strip the factory finish and put on a better one or a custom color.

Esperante
08-03-2005, 07:35 AM
It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't seem to have some of the quality of other builders. But Polar Lights is much more widely availible locally. I suppose just adding in a lot of the details and working out a few other things this car could come out very nice. It's probably the best of the pre-painted model I've seen. :)

Dino Scuderia
08-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Picked up one of these kits yesterday...it's nice except for the wheels and tires are crappy. Alternative wheels aren't too hard to find....it just needs large diameter tires on the rear because of the car design. I think mine will end up with my spare set of Gallardo rims, they look great on it.

Eventhough it's 1/25 it's still a bit larger than the Fujimi 1/24 GT40.