PDA

View Full Version : My plan

stealth
08-03-2005, 06:48 AM
First of all, this is a very controversial plan, and I'd be willing to bet that alot of you will disagree, and that alot of you will agree with what it is. It didn't take much for me to figure it out, but I did. Second of all, this is my plan, and no matter what you say, or what you do, I'll still go along with it. All I want is your opinions.

I am 16 years old. That's my honest age. No lie, no joke. I admit that I've lied to the people on this forum before, so you guys might have a hard time believing me now. Last Night, at around eleven o-clock, I was kicked out of my moms place. I have been disrespecting her lately so I was just told to leave. I am leaving, and I'm going to the largest Automotive town on earth-Detroit. I have to do a lot of money saving and I have to get a full time job to save up for an apartment there, but as soon as I get enough saved up, I'm gone.

My plan is to go to detroit, and as you know, I want to become a car designer. From then on, I'm gonna stock one of the big three, likely General Motors, until they either hire me or kick me out. I don't care if it's a crap job, such as a janitor, but as long as I can slowly move my way up through the company, trying to get peoples attention and such, I will. I realize that it takes a hell of alot of education to become a car designer, and my plan will probably fail, but I'm still gonna give it a shot. I intend to go to scholl for another two years to at least get my high school diploma.

This is my plan. It will likely fail, but everything I'm riding on right now says that it's definetly worth a shot. And who knows, maybe someday you'll see the biggest name ever to emerge out of car designing... Steve Neill.

austy351
08-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Are u old enough to do anything there?at GM
________
Vaporcannon (http://vaporizers.net)

shr0olvl
08-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Goodluck going to school and working full time and paying off a monthly apartment bill thats gonna be around $500 and paying for food. I say you go back to your mother, tell her how you did wrong and apologize and get things straight. Finish school and get a job, then move out.

stealth
08-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Goodluck going to school and working full time and paying off a monthly apartment bill thats gonna be around $500 and paying for food. I say you go back to your mother, tell her how you did wrong and apologize and get things straight. Finish school and get a job, then move out.

This coming from the guy whos display picture is of some guy lighting a joint...

shr0olvl
08-03-2005, 07:09 AM
This coming from the guy whos display picture is of some guy lighting a joint...

Your best bet is to stay at home, and mouch off your parents. Before you move out you should make a list of everything you have to pay, rent, utilites, car, insurance, phone, food, etc. and then see if its worth it. Trust me, it's not like falling off a rock.

You dont wanna be moving back home in 6 months.

Dino Scuderia
08-03-2005, 07:11 AM
You're not going to get a job designing cars by going to Detroit, you'll get there by going to a school like Art Center where you'll find out you aren't as talented as you think you are. I not slamming you, I admire that you have a goal, but you're on the wrong path to get there.

Esperante
08-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Absolutely.^

An art school is an absolute necessity to become a designer.

Matra et Alpine
08-03-2005, 07:33 AM
Think it through and make sure you know the 'challenges'.
A quick check says that Detroit has a 10% unemployment rate.
So there are going to be LOTS of kids trying to get jobs along with you :(

We're down at 2.2% in my area and my youngest can't find a job to help pay for her car "imporovements" while she's at college !!!

Be careful, it can be better to work things out than hope that something new will be better. You may just be swapping one set of hassles for another dnthe new ones may be worse :(

Esperante
08-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Detroit isn't the greatest place to run to. Detroit isn't a ghost town, per se, but a MUCH grittier, dirtier, abandoned place than any major city in the US.

spi-ti-tout
08-03-2005, 07:44 AM
And not to mention that in 2000 (I think) it was named Crime State of the year. And it's always among the top 5

R34GTR
08-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Just go back to your mom stay at a relative or friend for the time being you're obviousy very angry at your mom and vice-versa trust the best thing to do is make up and go back home go to school graduate and then go study for car design , I know you feel you can take on the world and want the make your epic-plan work so you'll go into the history books as one of the greats "He left home at 16 ran away became janitor at GM age 20 he got promoted to chief-design office and designed the new Corvette wich has now won LeMans 8 times straight" see that all sounds nice but it's not gonna happen just go back to your mom, come on all problems can be solved just talk it over and may you have great succeses in the car design bussiness later in life

baddabang
08-03-2005, 08:51 AM
I always thought your parents could not legally kick you out untill your 18

drakkie
08-03-2005, 09:13 AM
I always thought your parents could not legally kick you out untill your 18

mot everything goes legally ;)

Matra et Alpine
08-03-2005, 09:28 AM
All this advice reminds me of a J.M. Barrie quote .....

I am not young enough to know everything.

Hope you make the right choices

man 430gt
08-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Good luck dude, but in my view you should try and stay at some relertives house if not your mum's. It is going to be differcult out there, you heard our advice now it's up to you to make a decision.

Quiggs
08-03-2005, 11:56 AM
I think it's illegal for apartment complexes to rent to people under 18. Either that, or most of them just don't like doing it. You'd have to find someone to live with over 18 most likely. And you'd need a job before you can sign a lease.

emperor
08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
And besides:
it's not nice to disrespect your parents even if you're out of the house. No matter what you chose to do you should apologise to your mom, maybe she'll like your idea and she will help you to make your plans work out when you're old enough.

Matt
08-03-2005, 03:03 PM
What's up with the stupid kid threads lately? First molotav cocktails and now this. Kids are more stupid everyday.

Rockefella
08-03-2005, 03:12 PM
How to be successful.
• 1. Get a $10,000 loan from the bank.
• 2. Buy heroine with loaned money.
• 3. Sell.
• 4. Repeat step 2/3 with profit made.

Rockefella
08-03-2005, 03:12 PM
What's up with the stupid kid threads lately? First molotav cocktails and now this. Kids are more stupid everyday.
Matt, you just hurt my feelings. :(

taz_rocks_miami
08-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Swallow your pride and apologize to your mom. Only with a college degree will you have a shot at your dream. :)

spi-ti-tout
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I might remind you that most generalizations are useless anyway. Don't waste youe energy.

Indyrs500
08-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Hey kid, if you want opinions:

I left at 17, it felt great. No one could tell me anymore what to do. I jumped in my Vauxhaul Chevette and drove 150 miles to a friends university digs and started what i thought to be my 'New life'. By the age of 20 i had made so many BIG mistakes with life, how i treated people, how i managed money, everything. I had no energy for studying as i was enjoying myself and no matter how hard you think you will work, you are 16. How did you do in your school exams? If you did get really good grades then ok, go for it and i don't mean to sound like i'm telling you you can't do it, but it's so ****ing hard man. My landlords saw a gullible kid and took me for a ride. Everyone took me for a ride and my nature was to trust and make friends, as i didn't have any once i stepped out of my own world. I was back living in my hometown by the age of 21, having wasted a ton of money and wasted the years when i should have been playing in a band, fixing up my first cars with my friends and NOT worrying about debts. The world you live in now RUNS on debt. It's impossible to avoid. The sheer size of what you are taking on is masked by it's glitter and when you scratch that away and see what's really underneath it will scare you beyond all belief. The dream you have is cool, do it. I hope my kids drive one of 'Your' cars, but if you want that to happen there are a few things you will need first. A little known fact is, the world does not take kids seriously, even once past 18. When you do make it that far, they will say "Bloody kid, 18 and he thinks he knows everything". The more you actually do know, the worse it will be - i know because i was a brilliant mechanic for my age, (My dad was an Army Mech.) but everywhere i tried to apply that knowledge i got knocked back because they expected a kid my age to NOT BE ABLE to know and therefore i was just being a smart-arse.
This was at the age's 18, 19, 20. Please can you see what they will think of someone age 16? The sheer danger our 'New world' holds is bloody terrifying and i'm 32 now, i'm scared. I have debts like you couldn't believe, 2 kids and i'm married. I am in a much better position to be taken seriously and still i spend 90% of my life worrying, feeling down, took for a ride and NOT taken seriously by the world around me AND i have no memories of my late teens that will make me feel better - it makes all this crap feel like it's been going on for longer.
Whilst it's true that you might not make the same mistakes as me when you leave it's also true to say that you just don't know what will happen and when you think you do, that's when it's all about to fall apart around you.
It took me until i was 29 and watched my dad die in front of me to make me wake up and see. By then it really was too late and since then i have only made the best of what's left - it's not much of a life compared to what i should be doing at the age of 32. I drive a Semi articulated truck for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. This is just to pay for all that needs paying and i only get about £50 a week to myself once it has all been paid. If i want more i have to work it and with the hours i work already that's impossible. The ONLY reason i'm in this position is i ****ed up my 20's and didn't set myself up. That happened because i ****ed up my teens by doing exactly what you are going to do.
Yes, leave if you don't like her and no, don't ever talk to her again if it's that bad, but please kid listen to this. If you leave your own area, territory, friends, relatives etc. you have signed your own life away and it only takes once to do it. Sure you could come back if it doesn't work but then your credibility is dented and being taken seriously is already affected, you will be thought of as a yo-yo. Stick to what you know and really think about who can help you. You are 16 and will not do this on your own yet so get someone who is older, on-side. I promise you this is what you will need. A relative could be your legal guardian and therefore give you some official support when the world turns on you, which it will. It's an ugly, hard place.
If your Mom has actually kicked you out then ok, maybe there are problems there which mean you shouldn't stay (I wouldn't for sure) but for god's sake just go to your uncles place or someone of that nature. Even an older friend could help.
What's written here is not meant to bore you or sound pretentious, it's the truth about a really big shame that happened to me through nothing more than my own stupidity. I am lucky to still be alive, literally.
I hope if you read this it will at least make you think about an alternative.
Good luck Kid, you need it.

Rockefella
08-04-2005, 12:59 AM

I left at 17, it felt great. No one could tell me anymore what to do. I jumped in my Vauxhaul Chevette and drove 150 miles to a friends university digs and started what i thought to be my 'New life'. By the age of 20 i had made so many BIG mistakes with life, how i treated people, how i managed money, everything. I had no energy for studying as i was enjoying myself and no matter how hard you think you will work, you are 16. How did you do in your school exams? If you did get really good grades then ok, go for it and i don't mean to sound like i'm telling you you can't do it, but it's so ****ing hard man. My landlords saw a gullible kid and took me for a ride. Everyone took me for a ride and my nature was to trust and make friends, as i didn't have any once i stepped out of my own world. I was back living in my hometown by the age of 21, having wasted a ton of money and wasted the years when i should have been playing in a band, fixing up my first cars with my friends and NOT worrying about debts. The world you live in now RUNS on debt. It's impossible to avoid. The sheer size of what you are taking on is masked by it's glitter and when you scratch that away and see what's really underneath it will scare you beyond all belief. The dream you have is cool, do it. I hope my kids drive one of 'Your' cars, but if you want that to happen there are a few things you will need first. A little known fact is, the world does not take kids seriously, even once past 18. When you do make it that far, they will say "Bloody kid, 18 and he thinks he knows everything". The more you actually do know, the worse it will be - i know because i was a brilliant mechanic for my age, (My dad was an Army Mech.) but everywhere i tried to apply that knowledge i got knocked back because they expected a kid my age to NOT BE ABLE to know and therefore i was just being a smart-arse.
This was at the age's 18, 19, 20. Please can you see what they will think of someone age 16? The sheer danger our 'New world' holds is bloody terrifying and i'm 32 now, i'm scared. I have debts like you couldn't believe, 2 kids and i'm married. I am in a much better position to be taken seriously and still i spend 90% of my life worrying, feeling down, took for a ride and NOT taken seriously by the world around me AND i have no memories of my late teens that will make me feel better - it makes all this crap feel like it's been going on for longer.
Whilst it's true that you might not make the same mistakes as me when you leave it's also true to say that you just don't know what will happen and when you think you do, that's when it's all about to fall apart around you.
It took me until i was 29 and watched my dad die in front of me to make me wake up and see. By then it really was too late and since then i have only made the best of what's left - it's not much of a life compared to what i should be doing at the age of 32. I drive a Semi articulated truck for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. This is just to pay for all that needs paying and i only get about £50 a week to myself once it has all been paid. If i want more i have to work it and with the hours i work already that's impossible. The ONLY reason i'm in this position is i ****ed up my 20's and didn't set myself up. That happened because i ****ed up my teens by doing exactly what you are going to do.
Yes, leave if you don't like her and no, don't ever talk to her again if it's that bad, but please kid listen to this. If you leave your own area, territory, friends, relatives etc. you have signed your own life away and it only takes once to do it. Sure you could come back if it doesn't work but then your credibility is dented and being taken seriously is already affected, you will be thought of as a yo-yo. Stick to what you know and really think about who can help you. You are 16 and will not do this on your own yet so get someone who is older, on-side. I promise you this is what you will need. A relative could be your legal guardian and therefore give you some official support when the world turns on you, which it will. It's an ugly, hard place.
If your Mom has actually kicked you out then ok, maybe there are problems there which mean you shouldn't stay (I wouldn't for sure) but for god's sake just go to your uncles place or someone of that nature. Even an older friend could help.
What's written here is not meant to bore you or sound pretentious, it's the truth about a really big shame that happened to me through nothing more than my own stupidity. I am lucky to still be alive, literally.
That's just what we needed to hear. This thread should be closed now.

shr0olvl
08-04-2005, 01:47 AM

Cliff notes PLZ ! :o

Haha, I think the process has already begun cause he hasn't replyed in awhile.

Coventrysucks
08-04-2005, 05:59 AM
utter bollocks

Why don't you go an live with your Uncle with his Ferrari Enzo and TVR Tuscan?

You've also proclaimed that you "are" already a "car designer", and that you worked as an apprentice at GM.

You also made up some pathetic story on another board when they grew tired of your lies that you had been killed.

So the chances of any of this being true are aprroximately 0%

I also don't see the logic of how sweeping floors in a detroit factory is going to get your design skills noticed in a design office somewhere else.

Your "plan" should involve not being a pathetically immature liar who thinks that fictional stories make him popular.

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Detroit isn't the greatest place to run to. Detroit isn't a ghost town, per se, but a MUCH grittier, dirtier, abandoned place than any major city in the US.
You go near the Red Light District (aka Downtown) you're screwed. Big time.

I wish you good luck in your goal, but I am doing well for a guy of my age and I don't have enough to live in a rented house and eating every day. Go to your mother, tell her sorry, cry in her arms, she'll melt like butter :)

Matra et Alpine
08-04-2005, 02:01 PM
You go near the Red Light District (aka Downtown) you're screwed. Big time.
:confused:

Isn't that the intention of the red light district ??????

:D

Rockefella
08-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Why don't you go an live with your Uncle with his Ferrari Enzo and TVR Tuscan?

You've also proclaimed that you "are" already a "car designer", and that you worked as an apprentice at GM.

You also made up some pathetic story on another board when they grew tired of your lies that you had been killed.

So the chances of any of this being true are aprroximately 0%

I also don't see the logic of how sweeping floors in a detroit factory is going to get your design skills noticed in a design office somewhere else.

Your "plan" should involve not being a pathetically immature liar who thinks that fictional stories make him popular.
Someone save CS's post because it's on the highest level of ownage the forum will allow.

taz_rocks_miami
08-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Well Stealth, you've heard from a lot of people and mostly you have been given the advise to go back with your mother and do things right. Indyrs500's contribution I find specially valuable because he's talking about real life experience. The "real" world is much tougher than you can imagine. One you go out on your own, you are "on your own"!! And no one will give a damn if you make it or not. I'm not trying to be an arse here, just telling you how it is. The business world is dog eat dog, and if you're not ready, you're gonne get eaten up very quickly. Hope you make the right choice.

ZeTurbo
08-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Coventrysucks = voice of reason

:confused:

Isn't that the intention of the red light district ??????

:D
your just bad matra :p

Spastik_Roach
08-04-2005, 11:35 PM
I pronounce thy Coventry Sucks thy god of ownage.

spi-ti-tout
08-05-2005, 04:44 AM
You know, as much as I disagree with his plan I still respect him for it, not because I think he's right but because I have nothing else to do. What's the use of flaming him, even if he IS lying? Does it mean anything to me? Absolutely not.

DID you ever take even a MOMENT to sit and think about it? I highly doubt it.
And you might ask me - 'why should I?', which is a good question there, because basically this is an online forum and not your life. But then you know what? Not thinking also = baseless posts, and if you're part of an intelligent online forum, then you don't want those.

Did you ever take the time to think that he really might be telling the truth this time? Granted all of those other stories are stupid and we weren't going to believe them anyway. But y'know what, nobody likes to put themselves into shit because it doesn't display them as good. Mostly nobody will do it if they had the option. And this is precisely what this guy has done. He's told us of the stupidities he's done which he counts as stupid himself. Running away from home isn't very uncommon is America either is it? Many kids have big dreams and run away. He hasn't been online since then which is another counting-factor.

I can understand if you're sick of his stories but whatever you got, just let it go. His story is believable and even if it isn't true I don't think your reputation ever decreased by it.

Coventrysucks
08-05-2005, 01:45 PM
DID you ever take even a MOMENT to sit and think about it? I highly doubt it.

Yes I did.

I thought about everything else I have read from this user, and how it has subsequently turned out to be a lie.

I presume you have heard about "the boy who cried wolf". (In this case the boy who cried "car designer"?)

But y'know what, nobody likes to put themselves into shit because it doesn't display them as good. Mostly nobody will do it if they had the option.

That's not true though.

The thing about habitual liars is that the tall tales have to get taller.

If you say "I am a car designer" at first people might show an interest, but then it becomes less novel, and people aren't interested in Stealth anymore.

So then you have to come up with a new lie to get people interested in you, but it has to be better than "I am a car designer". How about "My Uncle owns a Ferrari Enzo"?

Novel for a short while again... but people won't be impressed if you just keep saying "My Uncle owns an Enzo" if you can't give any interesting tales of ownership, or any photos, or any sort of proof.

So now you want to attract more attention to yourself.

How about "I ran away from home to fullfill my dreams in the 'Big City' where the streets are paved with gold"...

Running away from home isn't very uncommon is America either is it? Many kids have big dreams and run away.

It isn't uncommon in American cinemas maybe...

He hasn't been online since then which is another counting-factor.

Maybe that's because he crashed the car he was driving into a pole and died of massive brain injuries?

Oh, wait; no. That's one of his silly stories again isn't it!

Or maybe he's just upset that I've pointed him out as a liar again.

There was a long gap in his posting after this:

I'm out of here (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14047&page=1&pp=40)

Maybe he was too busy designing the new Chevrolet Corvette?

I can understand if you're sick of his stories but whatever you got, just let it go. His story is believable and even if it isn't true I don't think your reputation ever decreased by it.

He is scamming the members of this board. Trying to gain sympathy by trading on people's good nature.

I think it is only fair that people are warned that he is a pathalogical liar before they start feeling sorry for him.

IWantAnAudiRS6
08-05-2005, 02:29 PM
I actually believe him. I woudln't ever joke about something this serious. Not sure if this poor guy would, and I hope he goes back to his parents and makes up with them. Life without parents and relatives sucks.

Coventrysucks
08-05-2005, 03:03 PM
I actually believe him. I woudln't ever joke about something this serious. Not sure if this poor guy would, and I hope he goes back to his parents and makes up with them. Life without parents and relatives sucks.

He would, and has lied about something this "serious".

Fastcarforum (http://www.fastcarforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47503&highlight=#47503)

Summary:

'Phil' :Last night, Steve Neill (stealth), my long time friend, and loyal roommate, died in a car accident. On highway 93, just North of Midland, the car he was driving hit a pole, and fell off the side of an embankment. Steve suffered massive injuries to the brain, and by the time he reached the hospital, it was to late. He died at 12:36 pm last night. Steve was a great person, and although he had his faults, he did not lack a sense of humour.

"Phil" = Stealth

Stealth :Oooooh, caught me, what are you gonna do? You know what, I'm gone, had my fun before I left. See ya guys never again. I'm outta here.

shr0olvl
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
He would, and has lied about something this "serious".

Fastcarforum (http://www.fastcarforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47503&highlight=#47503)

Summary:

'Phil' :Last night, Steve Neill (stealth), my long time friend, and loyal roommate, died in a car accident. On highway 93, just North of Midland, the car he was driving hit a pole, and fell off the side of an embankment. Steve suffered massive injuries to the brain, and by the time he reached the hospital, it was to late. He died at 12:36 pm last night. Steve was a great person, and although he had his faults, he did not lack a sense of humour.

"Phil" = Stealth

Stealth :Oooooh, caught me, what are you gonna do? You know what, I'm gone, had my fun before I left. See ya guys never again. I'm outta here.

Wow... I can't explain how retarded that is when you make another username to tell people that you've died in a car accident. HAHA, thats just sad... :rolleyes: Why somebody would do this ? I have NO idea. Must've been pretty damn bored or wanted people to feel sympathy for him. Either way, thats just idiotic.