PDA

View Full Version : Way to fight

crisis
08-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Religious fundamentalism.
I suppose our religion is the right one though huh?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/bush-stirs-evolution-debate/2005/08/03/1122748700547.html

taz_rocks_miami
08-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Again, this goes to the separation of church and state. I believe in creation as mentioned in the Bible. And that's what would be tought in public schools...the Bible's version of creation. But as you all know, not everyone is a Christian.

What about the kids that follow other faiths or the the ones that don't follow any faith? Why should they sit through a class that opposes their view points? I know what some will say, natural selection opposes Christian view points and it's tought to the Christain kids in public schools. If their parents don't want them tought natural selection, have the send their kids to Christain schools. Maybe a better idea would be to make religious schools more attainable to those that want it. :)

werty
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
idno what the big deal is, its one of the most fair things that has ever happened.

besides, evolution and even beleiving in nothing is just as much a faith as Christianity

blackcat77
08-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Bush is the missing link.

taz_rocks_miami
08-03-2005, 10:58 PM
idno what the big deal is, its one of the most fair things that has ever happened.

The big deal is goverment promoting a set of beliefs on the population in the public school system. Would you say it's one of the most fair things that has ever happened if Judism, Islam or another religion different from yours was the one going to be tought?

besides, evolution and even beleiving in nothing is just as much a faith as Christianity

Evolution is science and believing in nothing is a choice :)

Spastik_Roach
08-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Bush is the missing link.

Gold :D

Matra et Alpine
08-04-2005, 02:19 AM
What astounds me in that article is the point about the President ....
"At the White House, where intelligent design has been discussed in a weekly Bible study group"
Was it discussed once or "weekly" ? If more than once then it shocks me !!!

Many Christians have followed "intelligent design" for decades, almost since Darwin first mooted evolution. I don't get why this is such a big thing now - except someone gave it a "snappy title" for dummies :)

Leaders of nations where state and religion are sperate should not be taking such a strong invovlement in putting forward religious views IMHO. GWB should be strong enough in his faith to NOT use the Presidential platform to expound it in a mult-faith ( inluding none ) multi-cultural society.

'Course it may be NOT a big thing and it's the press who make it seem so much. Only American UCPers who see all the media can say whether it gets "balance".

Imagine the shock and horror if Bill CLinton had suggested that kids shold be taught blow-jobs in class :D

Matra et Alpine
08-04-2005, 02:23 AM
Evolution is science and believing in nothing is a choice :)
They and religions are all "faiths" ( with a small 'f' )
Seperating religion as different from these two doens't repect the "beliefs" of those followers.
AND "evolution" is OK with many Christians - just maybe not the more "fundamental" who take the Bible as 100% truth. To those I suggest reading about the Nicene Creed and the choice of biblical texts that went into the King James bible ( the one most modern take guidance from for content ). Seek out knowledge on why the books of the Apocrypha which were origianlly intended to be in the bible but were 'removed'.

Pando
08-04-2005, 07:19 AM
I heard this on the radio a couple of days ago and was quite amazed. Bush keeps coming with the surprises, conservative is not enough he seems to want the development to go backwards... His claims that there had to be a "creator" because of the complexity in it all. *sigh* ...complex to a man who has problems with most words with over two cylibles, so now he has to take action. Ridiculous. But I guess this is another way to make even more religious fanatics in the US support him.

Vindesh17
08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Imagine the shock and horror if Bill CLinton had suggested that kids shold be taught blow-jobs in class :D

I don't see a problem with that. :)

SlickHolden
08-05-2005, 09:59 AM
I have only one Religion. And that's AFL Footy Doggie Doggie Doggie Woof Woof Woof

ZeTurbo
08-05-2005, 11:27 AM
bush is living proof (http://www.bushorchimp.com/) of of Darwin's evoltionary theory by natural selection.

Egg Nog
08-05-2005, 01:41 PM

There are many people who believe that the holocaust was a consipracy, but you sure as hell don't see that side of the story being taught in schools. That's because teaching kids unfounded wackjob beliefs has no place in the education system. The same argument goes for this "intelligent design" bullshit.

ZeTurbo
08-06-2005, 03:59 PM

the problem is that there are not only 2 sides to the matter. If bush is as fair as he is trying to apear, then he should teach every side of every religion along with Darwin's theory.

one of the most fair things ever done? I think not, Bush is simply trying to promote his view.

biased discrimination and un-democratic measures W is on a ROLE!

Matra et Alpine
08-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Only for those willing to laugh at their own relgion/atheism ..........
http://www.venganza.org/
http://www.venganza.org/shirt100.jpg
Funniest part for me ?? - the possibly SERIOUS bit ......
"Contacted by lawyers asking how serious I am about pursuing legal action against the Kansas School Board if they refuse to give equal time for FSMism."

Bob
08-08-2005, 10:43 AM
SHould we start talking about how Bush has given millions of dollars in government money to chareties? Isn't he a great guy? ALL christian chareties, all very conservative. GWB is the devil. He's gained power over billions of people (%50 percents of america, many more across the world), many of whom would rather have him dead. And he calls it democracy. If thats not evil I don't know what is.

Birdman
08-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Guys, the problem, as I read in an american science mag, is that intelligent design is not defined in facts. It is based on beliefs which is the exact opposite of science, and all those come from the one book. It's all right to have beliefs but don't let them blot out the facts that have been found to be right.